SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Attendance

nodak651

9 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Good.  I feel like 1500 students (not including the band) would be a solid effort, though I'm not sure what student attendance typically runs (I see the empty space, but I'm not a good judge of the number actually there).

Anyone know how the band factors in?  I would hope the school/foundation buys them tickets (and not the ones purchased by Nodak Nation)

The last couple home games I would say there was 300-400 there?  Not quite full in that middle section and 50-100 in the section to the north of it.  

23 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

The last couple home games I would say there was 300-400 there?  Not quite full in that middle section and 50-100 in the section to the north of it.  

If that's an accurate guesstimate, 900 is great!  Anything from there is a bonus.

35 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Good.  I feel like 1500 students (not including the band) would be a solid effort, though I'm not sure what student attendance typically runs (I see the empty space, but I'm not a good judge of the number actually there).

Anyone know how the band factors in?  I would hope the school/foundation buys them tickets (and not the ones purchased by Nodak Nation)

Pretty sure the band is there. They will take up the lower part of section 212.  Section 213 and 214 have a total of 1391 seats.  If you just go with the seats below the walkway, there are a total of 844 student seats in section 213 and 214.  Even if we can get section 213 filled with the band and the lower sections of section 213 and 214 filled with students, that is going to be huge and make a difference.  Especially if those students are loud!!  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Why compare UND to RIchmond?

I don't want to sound too hasty, but UND should have higher expectations; just look at the facilities UND has at their disposal...

Have you looked at Richmond's facilities? IMO doesn't look too shabby for an FCS school. Plus an endowment 10x UND's.

http://www1.nmnathletics.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=26800&ATCLID=209881534&DB_OEM_ID=26800

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

Cause it's a FCS team in the playoffs we have a game against Saturday?

UND and Richmond have two completely different situations when it comes to attendance.

What's Richmond's enrollment?

How many in-state FBS and FCS schools does UND have to compete with for attendance? How many in-state FBS and FCS schools does Richmond have to compete with for attendance?

What's the capacity of the Alerus Center versus Richmond's stadium? Is one outdoors versus indoors?

Just a lot of factors so I was a bit curious why Richmond would be used as an attendance benchmark for UND, besides the obvious answer of that's this week's opponent for UND. 

24 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Just a lot of factors so I was a bit curious why Richmond would be used as an attendance benchmark for UND, besides the obvious answer of that's this week's opponent for UND. 

Considering there was only 8 home teams playing last weekend. He had to pick one. He could have picked any team and his point would have been the same as the highest attended capacity game was 38% (Richmond) or largest total attendence with Youngstown St at 5,300 (26% of capacity).

Really looking forward to  this game. Sure is more fun if the stands are full. This will be my 3rd game in 3 years. Used to go all the time back in college (early 80's). Last year I walked through the tailgate area but didn't really stop anywhere. Was wondering about Playmakers before the game. Any insights? Is it just a big room with tables and drinks? Thanks 

• Upvote 3