SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2016 Edition

AZSIOUX

7 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

If some of these guys don't have the skill to make it to the show, I'll gladly take them on my beer league team! Hell, I'll even pay their annual dues! :)

That's a pretty good offer. Hopefully it's not enough to sway someone towards leaving early!

Good luck to Stecher with Vancouver! He was a big part in raising #8 and ending the championship drought. His presence will definitely be missed. Gotta strike when the iron is hottest though. I will continue to root for him and hope to see him get a shot in the NHL.

• Upvote 2

I saw Schlossman re-tweeted some angry tweets from Oiler fans.  Are you kidding! Your team is the laughing stock of the of the NHL for having every 1st overall pick in the draft and continuing to be one of the worst teams in the league. How is that even possible? #Jackass

Hey @troystecher I hope you don't like winning. And having summers off #canuckssuck

https://mobile.twitter.com/Smyttysslapper

The very best to Troy Stecher who has worked his @ss off for every thing he's earned, and helped his team to many victories, conference championships, NCAA Regional victories, and a National Championship.  No doubt he will succeed in whatever challenge is set before him, for he knows the value of expending the effort now and how that pays off down the road.  Once a Sioux, always a Sioux, always a member of the family.  Stop back and see us at REA sometime Mr. Stecher!  Meanwhile, go tear up the Western Conference!.

• Upvote 2

I hope he has an extremely successful career. Sucks seeing him go, but like others have said, he has literally nothing left for him in the college game. With all the draft picks on the ice each night, he was still the best player more often than not. Good luck Troy. I hate the Canucks, but like the Flyers, I'll be watching and cheering you on.

19 minutes ago, Prison_Mike said:

I saw Schlossman re-tweeted some angry tweets from Oiler fans.  Are you kidding! Your team is the laughing stock of the of the NHL for having every 1st overall pick in the draft and continuing to be one of the worst teams in the league. How is that even possible? #Jackass

It is amazing that a team can pick high in the 1st round every year and still not get any better. Are they picking the wrong kids? Are they not developing them properly? I can't figure that one out.

Hope Stecher has a successful career in pro hockey, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him coaching at some level beyond his playing career.  I know his dad was/is a coach, and you can tell, because Troy seems like a coach on the ice, always instructing the officials where the face-off should be, etc.. Truly a joy to watch someone with such an unbelievable work ethic who plays the game so intelligently!

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Prison_Mike said:

Hey @troystecher I hope you don't like winning. And having summers off #canuckssuck

https://mobile.twitter.com/Smyttysslapper

For what its worth, that guy follow up his tweet saying he was just chirpin, and that Stecher was a Stud that he wanted to see him in Edmonton.