SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2016 Edition

AZSIOUX

57 minutes ago, SiouxTupa said:

I think of it like a two-fold interview questions

1. Do I miss college, the camaraderie, being the biggest show in town, etc? -YES, for sure

2. Was signing a pro contract the best step for my hockey career, financially as well as playing potential? - yes (in a majority of cases)

A lot of guys when asked if they regret leaving are probably answering the first question.

Let's be thankful to our coaching and training staff who treat these guys with respect, and wish them well making a really tough decision. There are many other coaches that don't look so kindly at early departures (looking at you, Red.

^This ... and yeah Red did not impress me with how he handled some of his guys leaving.

Ladue gone... Luke Johnson gone surgery will be done by Blackhawks Doctors.. Schamalz, Poolman and Cam Johnson are all 50/50. Thompson is leaning towards leaving and my guess is he will go.  Poolman only thing that keeps him here is his brother. Schmaltz wants to stay but  is getting pressure from Hawks to sign.. Cam Johnson stock is very high right now so it wouldn't surprise me to see him leave. 

2 minutes ago, yellowknife said:

Ladue gone... Luke Johnson gone surgery will be done by Blackhawks Doctors.. Schamalz, Poolman and Cam Johnson are all 50/50. Thompson is leaning towards leaving and my guess is he will go.  Poolman only thing that keeps him here is his brother. Schmaltz wants to stay but  is getting pressure from Hawks to sign.. Cam Johnson stock is very high right now so it wouldn't surprise me to see him leave. 

Where does Johnson go? I said this yesterday, Aaron Dell's stock was high after 2011 and he could only sign with a CHL team.

3 minutes ago, yellowknife said:

This is all speculation I assume?

4 minutes ago, yellowknife said:

I don't know where Cam Johnson signs that wasn't divulged in the info i was given.. He may very well stay just saying he is having offers to leave Now

If I'm him, I jump all over a deal this year. His numbers will never look as good and the suitors will never be as strong. 

6 minutes ago, yellowknife said:

Not speculation: Facts.  Lets just say i know a friend of a friend who's brother is the second cousin to the equipment manager's cousin twice removed... It is a very reliable source. Book it

Bummer about LJ, he would be a very important guy to have next year. Though as much as I have ragged on him at times in the past, he has really shown a lot of improvement. Best of luck to the kid.

As for the other guys, Schmaltz is the biggest one I want to keep. Could have a monster year next year. Thompson is a guy who would probably benefit from another year.

I def don't see Poolman staying more than 1 more year, if that. Hope he wants to play with his brother bad enough.

Cam has shown how good he can be. Could be a Mike Richter winner if he stays, and potentially a back to back Nat'l Champ. If he goes, then its Tomek Time!

10 minutes ago, yellowknife said:

I don't know where Cam Johnson signs that wasn't divulged in the info i was given.. He may very well stay just saying he is having offers to leave Now

nice, the poster that called the Hak signing.