SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2016 Edition

AZSIOUX

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

TI have to say I agree with you.

Gave up so many bad goals. Was not the best goalie in the country last year. Became a much better player every year he played. This organization develops players. I will also add that Cam is not close to being the top goalie in the country.

6 hours ago, petey23 said:

Berry said he has already met with all the guys with options to leave. From what he said or didn't say I would guess LaDue and Stecher are gone, Schmaltz, Thompson, and Poolman are all 50/50 and Luke, Ausmus, and Poganski are all coming back along with Boeser of course.

The real test is keeping an eye on the guys that haven't shown up for class 2nd semester, that confirms a guy you listed as gone, although I didn't hear Berry say his name today.

• Upvote 1

http://www.twincities.com/2016/04/12/bob-sansevere-qa-north-dakota-hockey-forward-brock-boeser/

BS: You didn’t waste much time announcing you planned to return to North Dakota instead of going to the NHL. Was that decision made before the Frozen Four or after you won?
BB: I had the idea of coming back. There’s no rush to go to the NHL. Another year at North Dakota can help me a ton in developing.

BS: Is it possible you could stay for all four years?
BB: I wouldn’t say that. (Laughs).

Haha.  :)

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, petey23 said:

I think Keaton is in a catch 22, he came in a year early but Anaheim really likes him and they run the risk of him becoming a free agent and losing his rights if he stays.

On to of that, it's possible Anaheim isn't excited with how he didn't really make much of a jump (or even regressed a little) this year and wants to get him in their system. College isn't going to be the one size fits all for development, even with UND's excellent track record. 

On guys leaving early, and guys who left saying they'd stay if they could choose over again........an undrafted guy like Stecher has to take the best offer when he can, and his negotiating leverage will never be higher than it is right now, because he can always say "I'll just stay in school, then".   Next year, he HAS to sign somewhere, so he looses SOME leverage.  Not to mention what if he has his knee taken out in the Frozen Four.  Then where are his offers?

A guy who has been drafted?   A bit different story, and I suspect they have a little more leeway in deciding to stay.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

The real test is keeping an eye on the guys that haven't shown up for class 2nd semester, that confirms a guy you listed as gone, although I didn't hear Berry say his name today.

i was wondering the same thing....  be cool, stay in school. :)

9 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

How is this related to his injury?

It wouldn't be necessarily related to the injury, but if he hasn't been attending class, then that means he won't be back next fall, and the injury question was posed in a manner that it (the injury) may keep him here. 

I don't know these guy's classroom habits, but anyone that's been skipping the spring semester means they are gone.