SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2016 Edition

AZSIOUX

29 minutes ago, burd said:

I'm sympathetic to the various kinds of frustration Q players and fans felt--we have been in that situation too many times.  But I think they were not prepared for the reality of losing that way.  They had cut through the schedule like butter, including a not-so-bad SCSU team, and beaten some very good HE teams, including BC, which has been the most successful program in college hockey for a generation.   But they got handled by UND, and it just wasn't an experience they were prepared for.  They deserved to be there, no doubt.  But now they will harden up a little and when they come back they will be a little more seasoned and a lot hungrier.  Like our boys were

Like our boys are!

6 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Not yet but if all goes as planned he will shortly. 

Well, I'll be the selfish fan:. If things don't go as planned, I will be very elated to see (in person) LJ on the ice for for the final horn when HIS team gets #9 in Chicago. 

It's your team, Luke.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, squirtcoach said:

Well, I'll be the selfish fan:. If things don't go as planned, I will be very elated to see (in person) LJ on the ice for for the final horn when HIS team gets #9 in Chicago. 

It's your team, Luke.

Nothing wrong with that.  

6 minutes ago, NewUNDAlum said:

Gage Ausmus leaving? 

I don't know, is he?  

Make no mistake, next years team will be as much LJ's team as it will be Gage's team as it will be the lowest ranked incoming freshman's team if they all wear the UND sweater next fall.

We are just fans.

I have to shake my head at those who like to extrapolate one message board post in order to ridicule people as "having nothing better to do."  Kind of like this:  "The Sioux win a national title and some of our fans have nothing better to do than criticize people who post about that very national championship game???  Are you kidding me?" ???

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, iramurphy said:

The Sioux win a national title and some of our fans have nothing better to do than criticize a kid who played hurt???   Are you kidding me?  You have no idea what his injury was.  If Anas had a recurrent shoulder dislocation, he may have been running back into the locker room to have the dislocation reduced so he could come back and play.  (That hurts like hell by the way). That is a more  likely than he was whining or crying.  Gutsy performance on his part. You guys who post dumb stuff like that embarrass knowledgeable fans who appreciate the effort put forth by other teams and players.   That  is one of the  reasons some opposing fans hate us.  When you act like jackasses, especially when we win it shows a real lack of class.  I bet none of the Sioux players or coaches criticize him.

Exactly my point ... thank you! Hope he kills it with the Wild.

45 minutes ago, snova4 said:

I may have dreamed it, but I thought Gage has said he's coming back.

P.S- I'm dead serious about possibly dreaming it.

I don't think you're dreaming. At the end of the Through These Doors video, he say's I am going to enjoy this for a couple of weeks, then I am going to get back to work and try to hang nine. Or something along those lines. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, iramurphy said:

The Sioux win a national title and some of our fans have nothing better to do than criticize a kid who played hurt???   Are you kidding me?  You have no idea what his injury was.  If Anas had a recurrent shoulder dislocation, he may have been running back into the locker room to have the dislocation reduced so he could come back and play.  (That hurts like hell by the way). That is a more  likely than he was whining or crying.  Gutsy performance on his part. You guys who post dumb stuff like that embarrass knowledgeable fans who appreciate the effort put forth by other teams and players.   That  is one of the  reasons some opposing fans hate us.  When you act like jackasses, especially when we win it shows a real lack of class.  I bet none of the Sioux players or coaches criticize him.

Thank you

I put Quinnipiac right now in the same place Rensselaer (RPI) was in 1984. RPI thought they were on their way to a title. UND went to their barn in the NCAAs and it was men against boys. RPI got humbled. But they took it to heart. 

RPI is the 1985 NCAA champion. 

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I put Quinnipiac right now in the same place Rensselaer (RPI) was in 1984. RPI thought they were on their way to a title. UND went to their barn in the NCAAs and it was men against boys. RPI got humbled. But they took it to heart. 

RPI is the 1985 NCAA champion. 

I sincerely do not see Quinnipiac winning it all next year. Losing Anas hurts a ton, despite what some people on this forum think about how tough he is.

Will they be good? Probably. But they do lose Anas, St. Denis, and Garteig. I see the top 3 teams being among the top 3 again in the ECAC. Yale loses Lyon, Harvard loses Vesey, Quinnipiac loses Anas , St. Denis and Garteig.

I just don't buy that QU will be the same team next year, or go to the title game.

2 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I sincerely do not see Quinnipiac winning it all next year. Losing Anas hurts a ton, despite what some people on this forum think about how tough he is.

Will they be good? Probably. But they do lose Anas, St. Denis, and Garteig. I see the top 3 teams being among the top 3 again in the ECAC. Yale loses Lyon, Harvard loses Vesey, Quinnipiac loses Anas , St. Denis and Garteig.

I just don't buy that QU will be the same team next year, or go to the title game.

I believe Toews signed too, Clifton brothers came back which will help. My personal thought was that we can be what BC has been to us. We have ended QU's season the last 2 years :D

On 4/15/2016 at 6:48 PM, iramurphy said:

I believe they said it on TV, but my understanding is its a separated AC joint, can't really injure it further but it does hurt alot. I'm assuming he had a pain shot before the game, and then maybe mess around with that tape that you see the sand volleyball players wearing during the olympics(have no idea what it is called) that is supposed to help alleviate pain

36 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Brad Berry at the Fargo booster meeting said that Ausmus was absolutely coming back. Said he was asking Gage if he had an idea if he was staying or lea....and Gage cut him off and said he is staying.

That's why he's captain.

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

RPI took it to heart, and its heart was named Adam Oates and Joe Juneau. 

I never said Quinnipiac would win it all, just that they were in a similar position. I don't see an Oates/Juneau at QU. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

RPI took it to heart, and its heart was named Adam Oates and Joe Juneau. 

I never said Quinnipiac would win it all, just that they were in a similar position. I don't see an Oates/Juneau at QU. 

Juneau wasn't on the title team.  But they did have Daren Puppa in goal.