SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2016 Edition

AZSIOUX

I believe it was Mike Prpich a few years ago that created a user on here and posted after his senior season was complete to thank the fans.

I sat next to Matt Jones in a computer class at Gamble Hall when he was at UND.  Every day before class started he would go on to SiouxSports.com and check out the posts.  :)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I believe it was Mike Prpich a few years ago that created a user on here and posted after his senior season was complete to thank the fans.

I sat next to Matt Jones in a computer class at Gamble Hall when he was at UND.  Every day before class started he would go on to SiouxSports.com and check out the posts.  :)

Haha I had a few classes with Jonesy too, I do remember that as well.

4 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Yep, I remember Prpich doing that as well. I always felt bad for the token player(s) that the majority of users would rag on. I hope Brian Lee and Joe Finley weren't regular readers. :lol::unsure:

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, hrkac said:

That was kind of a neat read - unless the 'Nucks act on any of it, like signing away Shaw to be an assistant.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Sodacker said:

He certainly set records for amount of time running to the locker room crying in a NC. 

I know he was hurt, but part of me thought that he felt that if they won the National Championship, he would come back out of the locker room and have hero status.  Maybe I'm a cynic but it felt kind of theatrical the number of times he went back and forth.  I'm no trainer, but it seems you are either good to go and are going to endure the pain, or you are not.  What did they do in the locker room to magically make him ready to go again.  Maybe he did get his injury wrapped again, but it just seemed too much back and forth and at some point I just tell the rest of the guys to pick up the slack. 

• Upvote 2

I can't knock Anas for anything during the FF or the national tournament in general. Did you guys see the hit that was laid on him in that game against Harvard? I give him full props for hangin in there and playing as much as he could. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Let's imagine you're a junior or senior playing in the national championship game.  How likely are you to want to call it quits knowing you're the team's leader and best player?  If Sam Anas played for UND in that same exact situation, we'd likely be applauding how "gutsy" and "courageous" he was for even attempting to continue playing.

Maybe.  But you're forcing your team to play with a short bench, and you're certainly not helping score goals, when you repeatedly go into the locker room after each check.  By the championship game, Anas should have known whether or not he could tolerate the pain and stay on the bench or whether his team would be better served by suiting up a healthy player that can, well, play the full game.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

Maybe.  But you're forcing your team to play with a short bench, and you're certainly not helping score goals, when you repeatedly go into the locker room after each check.  By the championship game, Anas should have known whether or not he could tolerate the pain and stay on the bench or whether his team would be better served by suiting up a healthy player that can, well, play the full game.

When you can score goals like this(:18 mark) when you are not 100% that line isn't so black and white:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/LNN_w3xjBtU

It would be the equivalent of Boeser being 50%. Do you play Mike Gornall or Chris Wilkie at 100% or Boeser at 50?

46 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Let's imagine you're a junior or senior playing in the national championship game.  How likely are you to want to call it quits knowing you're the team's leader and best player?  If Sam Anas played for UND in that same exact situation, we'd likely be applauding how "gutsy" and "courageous" he was for even attempting to continue playing.

Perhaps you are right, because I don't know the extent of his injury. And maybe my cynicism is reflective of this same will he or won't he scenario last year as well.  All I know is that there have been several UND players that have played with very painful injuries in the playoffs, and we didn't find out until after the season that they had actually been playing under those circumstances.  Maybe it is the media part of this component that bothers me, as they were building it up for the heroic ending.

1 hour ago, tnt said:

I know he was hurt, but part of me thought that he felt that if they won the National Championship, he would come back out of the locker room and have hero status.  Maybe I'm a cynic but it felt kind of theatrical the number of times he went back and forth.  I'm no trainer, but it seems you are either good to go and are going to endure the pain, or you are not.  What did they do in the locker room to magically make him ready to go again.  Maybe he did get his injury wrapped again, but it just seemed too much back and forth and at some point I just tell the rest of the guys to pick up the slack. 

I heard his arm was barely hanging on.