SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

To be fair, Minnesota's only in a bowl game because the interim AD promised the NCAA that nobody on the Gopher staff would drink too much or grope the college interns if they were selected.

lol......post of the day...I just had to sign in and give you credit.  Anyone remember the picture of Tracy Claeys eating the ice cream bar in the snow last year....

Ok I'll punch out now..

Please explain?

why play for the bison over another G5 team? They have proven nothing at the FBS level because they have not played a full season. The bison are at the top of the FCS and therefore can get the best recruits at that level and sometime steal some good G5 level recruits. How do they not lose their advantage if they move up?

why play for the bison over another G5 team? They have proven nothing at the FBS level because they have not played a full season. The bison are at the top of the FCS and therefore can get the best recruits at that level and sometime steal some good G5 level recruits. How do they not lose their advantage if they move up?

How about start with national recognition, facilities, game day atmosphere, coaching staff, etc. NDSU's football offices, film room, etc are better than most G5 schools. The gameday atmosphere at most G5 schools is more like most of the FCS than like NDSU's. Ask the ESPN annoucers that have done games in the Fargodome and at a MAC school and ask which atmosphere is better. 

Sooo about the potential of Prukop going to the Ducks anyone?  Which Big Sky coach was it that said that the Big Sky shouldn't be treated as a feeder system when Adams went to Oregon?  Was it Ash?

From the twitters...

Bruce FeldmanVerified account @BruceFeldmanCFB 9m9 minutes ago

Dakota Prukop: "Alabama visit was great. Historic program, it's an honor to be wanted by Coach Saban." He'll decide between Oregon/Bama MON.

How about start with national recognition, facilities, game day atmosphere, coaching staff, etc. NDSU's football offices, film room, etc are better than most G5 schools. The gameday atmosphere at most G5 schools is more like most of the FCS than like NDSU's. Ask the ESPN annoucers that have done games in the Fargodome and at a MAC school and ask which atmosphere is better. 

You start to lose that. Right now atmosphere is better because you are the top of your level, when moving up, expecially right away you probably will have around .500 years or a little over right away, with it  averaging out to normal G5 level after a few years. If you ever do run the table in the G5 conference you aren't going to be selected for the 4 team playoff, so then you just end up in a bowl.  G5 schools have gone undefeated and not even ranked in the top 10, behind 2/3 loss Power conferences. 

You get much more attention from media being a FCS team that beats a FBS team, just because it isn't supposed to happen no matter what in the mind of the media. If you a FBS and beat another FBS unless you are beating a top 25 school, you will rarely even get ESPN coverage. 

NDSU would be more relevant in FCS than FBS. 

• Upvote 1

You start to lose that. Right now atmosphere is better because you are the top of your level, when moving up, expecially right away you probably will have around .500 years or a little over right away, with it  averaging out to normal G5 level after a few years. If you ever do run the table in the G5 conference you aren't going to be selected for the 4 team playoff, so then you just end up in a bowl.  G5 schools have gone undefeated and not even ranked in the top 10, behind 2/3 loss Power conferences. 

You get much more attention from media being a FCS team that beats a FBS team, just because it isn't supposed to happen no matter what in the mind of the media. If you a FBS and beat another FBS unless you are beating a top 25 school, you will rarely even get ESPN coverage. 

NDSU would be more relevant in FCS than FBS. 

"NDSU will never play a meaningful game when they move to DI and are playing FCS football.   They are crazy and should stay in DII."

Just saying . . .  lots of people have said stupid things.   "NDSU would be more relevant I FCS than FBS" . . . might just be the next stupid thing.

I hope this doesn't come across as disrespectful because that's not how it's intended. If he starts for Alabama, the top of the mountain isn't as high as we would all like to think it is.

It's something I've kind of noticed with the quality of NFL games in the past 3 years as well...

Bama has nothing at QB. It's like they couldn't care less about the position. Same could be said for LSU.

"NDSU will never play a meaningful game when they move to DI and are playing FCS football.   They are crazy and should stay in DII."

Just saying . . .  lots of people have said stupid things.   "NDSU would be more relevant I FCS than FBS" . . . might just be the next stupid thing.

Thinking that statement is a stupid thing is the next stupid thing.  Winning a MAC or Sunbelt Championship and playing in the GoDaddy.com Bowl, while sure a huge accomplishment, is not what the FBS world would consider relevant.  Winning a P5 conference Championship and/or making the playoffs is relevant.  If you think that NDSU would even have the ability to attempt to accomplish those goals and become "relevant" you are beyyond delusional.

I reallu hope you were being sarcastic in your comment.  Because if not.....WOW!!!

Thinking that statement is a stupid thing is the next stupid thing.  Winning a MAC or Sunbelt Championship and playing in the GoDaddy.com Bowl, while sure a huge accomplishment, is not what the FBS world would consider relevant.  Winning a P5 conference Championship and/or making the playoffs is relevant.  If you think that NDSU would even have the ability to attempt to accomplish those goals and become "relevant" you are beyyond delusional.

I reallu hope you were being sarcastic in your comment.  Because if not.....WOW!!!

They are probably planning their eventual trip to Pasadena for the Rose Bowl. :silly:

So I guess they should stay FCS.  App St, Texas St, GSU, ODU, South Alabama, UTSA, Charlotte, among others, thought it wise to move up or just skip to 85 scholarships from the beginning.  Interesting.  Geography is likely as good an explanation as anything.  

Edited by Shawn-O

I haven't looked it up, but I'd venture to guess the GoDaddy.com Bowl gets more viewers than the FCS championship game.  So I guess it's all about how you want to measure relevance.  A drawback for ndsu is they would never win another national championship if they made the move to FBS.

• Upvote 1