SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

Nielson from WIU to USD is a signal that something is terribly amiss at WIU. 

Especially considering USD can only give out one year contracts. I believe his contract expires the end of 2016 and this seemed like more of a negotiations tactic than anything but it doesn't appear that way anymore.

Facilities and FCOA commitment. Also the program has been trending up the last few years.

In USD's first four years in the MVFC, i'm not seeing a upward trend the last few years:

2102- 1-10 (0-8)

2013- 4-8  ( 3-5)

2014- 2-10 (0-8)

2015- 5-6   (3-5)

In USD's first four years in the MVFC, i'm not seeing a upward trend the last few years:

2102- 1-10 (0-8)

2013- 4-8  ( 3-5)

2014- 2-10 (0-8)

2015- 5-6   (3-5)

I'm not sure how many times you watched them play this year but they were a real pain in the ass to every team they played. And I guess they kind of beat NDSU in Fargo so there's that.

Looks like Bob Stitt has the stones to cut underperforming or poor fit players from the team.  Huh, what a concept.  

Around here we are supposed to honor their scholarships for 5 years because the previous staff thought they were good.  

Along these same lines, Bohl is telling a few kids to walk at Wyoming right now.  Not going over very well but he is doing what he has to.  UND should not do what they have to, however.  Or so we are told.  

Just thinking of all the quality losses they could have next year is mind-bottling.....

This is Gold.

2102- 1-10 (0-8)

2013- 4-8  ( 3-5)

2014- 2-10 (0-8)

2015- 5-6   (3-5)

If you were to trend that in Excel you'd see that there is an uptrend in Ws, at least as far as the overall schedule goes.

Along these same lines, Bohl is telling a few kids to walk at Wyoming right now.  Not going over very well but he is doing what he has to.  UND should not do what they have to, however.  Or so we are told.  

Ya it seems to be working really well. Trying to convince starters to play for no money is getting craig alot of good pub. I'm sure recruits will flock.

I'm not sure how many times you watched them play this year but they were a real pain in the ass to every team they played. And I guess they kind of beat NDSU in Fargo so there's that.

USD looked good at times, and awful at times. I saw them play Youngstown St. in Vermillion, and USD couldn't seem to do anything right. They did have a really nice five-game stretch, but then laid an egg at Illinois St. to finish the season, losing 46-0. Losing at Illinois St. is no shame, but losing that badly isn't exactly the way you want to head into the off season.

Their other wins are 3-8 Big Sky team, 5-6 Pioneer team, and the 2 worse teams in the Valley, one who was 1-10. Illinois State and WIU didn't think they were a pain at all.

USD looked good at times, and awful at times. I saw them play Youngstown St. in Vermillion, and USD couldn't seem to do anything right. They did have a really nice five-game stretch, but then laid an egg at Illinois St. to finish the season, losing 46-0. Losing at Illinois St. is no shame, but losing that badly isn't exactly the way you want to head into the off season.

Losing by 46 to a seeded playoff team is a quality loss.  

Just ask this guy. 

http://www.ttusports.com/information/directory/bios/wilson_mark

• Upvote 3

Against 3 common opponents, USD did much better than UND (who had Studsrud in all 3 games)

UND: Drake (H) W, 21-18, UC-Davis (H), W 31-24, @NDSU L, 9-34

USD:  Drake (H), W 52-0, @UC-Davis, W 27-17, @ NDSU, W, 24-21

Edited by Hansel

Against 3 common opponents, USD did much better than UND (who had Studsrud in all 3 games)

Do other teams injuries factor into your conclusion at all or just UND?

Clearly UND late season was far better than UND early season. Of course, I guess you could say the same for USD, at least until the Illinois St. game. Looking forward to the Sept. 17 matchup. Traditionally, USD has done quite poorly when playing in Grand Forks.