SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

If they aren't already, at some point they need to look at FBS, out of sheer boredom. 

NDSU plays Iowa (12-1) next year. 

If they beat Iowa (tall task), the pressure would probably really mount. As Iowa was a score away from being in the college football playoffs this year.

College Gameday may return, especially if NDSU wins another Natty.

Cause all non P5 schools would die to play in the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl......

I don't buy some of the things SiouxVolley throws out there but I really think the Dakota schools (NDSU included) need the NCAA to relax the rules if they ever want to move up for football or need the other G5 schools to come back to them.  We are just really isolated up on the conference maps. 

Minus that hideous wheat stripe. I think they should've gone for a slightly less matte green like the one Michigan St. uses in their helmets.

the wheat stripe is the boss. The only thing that I think could make it better is the school seal or whatever it's called rather than the Bison logo.

it's a better match with the set than the yellow bucket, yellow jersey, green pants look.  I don't get NDSU's love for that yellow jersey though.

the yellow jerseys are dumb. They are cool to wear about once a year... I'm not even sure green is the primary anymore. But if they are going to wear yellow, then the green helmet works.

I agree to have to go on the Road would've been interesting for the Bison - BUT as for some of you guys thinking that was WHY they'd lose - not sure about that.  They've lost 2 games in the last 5 seasons on the road - actually lost 3 at home - on the last play of the game to Montana - how'd that turn out the last time - a very good Northern Iowa team beat them last year- actually took it to them pretty good, however - ALL the Title games aren't in the Fargo dome and their FBS wins are on the ROAD - WE need to be tough at HOME and win FB games on the road just like our rivals to the South to take the next step.  Go Hawks!!!

• Upvote 1

I agree to have to go on the Road would've been interesting for the Bison - BUT as for some of you guys thinking that was WHY they'd lose - not sure about that.  They've lost 2 games in the last 5 seasons on the road - actually lost 3 at home - on the last play of the game to Montana - how'd that turn out the last time - a very good Northern Iowa team beat them last year- actually took it to them pretty good, however - ALL the Title games aren't in the Fargo dome and their FBS wins are on the ROAD - WE need to be tough at HOME and win FB games on the road just like our rivals to the South to take the next step.  Go Hawks!!!

Thanks.

Great post.

Football is a fairly simple game.  Win in the trenches.  All those gimmicky high flying teams are built to please the fan, but they are built for summer play.  If you look at every level of completion recently from the nfl (Seattle), fbs (Alabama, Ohio st) fcs (ndsu), they own the line. It's a team sport therefore talent is needed at most every position to succeed, but it definitely starts in the trenches.  Finesse football doesn't win the final game, the old style power football has proven it's the winning catalyst.  

• Upvote 1