SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

48 minutes ago, Tolna said:

Wasn't Austin Gordon suspended just a year ago for the same thing?

Kind of. Those in the know can correct me if I’m wrong. But heard that AG’s infraction may have had more to do with using something that other non-athlete students unfortunately use all time to help them be more alert and stay up longer during finals week.  The better question for me is whether SU will suspend Robbins for all of 2019 akin to what UND imposed on AG. Even after his return, AG was relegated to a backup OLB role and has yet to get a sniff back at running back. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

So you are saying NDSU should have had the death penalty years ago like SMU?

What does the Fargo media have to do with SMUs death penalty for improper benefits??????  Oh you are trying to make something out of the SUPPOsed shinanigans when we were talking about a different subject. Got it.:whistling:

28 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Kind of. Those in the know can correct me if I’m wrong. But heard that AG’s infraction may have had more to do with using something that other non-athlete students unfortunately use all time to help them be more alert and stay up longer during finals week.  The better question for me is whether SU will suspend Robbins for all of 2019 akin to what UND imposed on AG. Even after his return, AG was relegated to a backup OLB role and has yet to get a sniff back at running back. 

I doubt this will be NDSU's call.   I'm sure the NCAA has a protocol for this and I'd bet it's a year.

51 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

So you are equating street drugs with a Drug that is on the NCAA list which can be given a waiver if the proper paper work is filed?

7 minutes ago, bison73 said:

So you are equating street drugs with a Drug that is on the NCAA list which can be given a waiver if the proper paper work is filed?

Street drugs? Pretty sure you can get a prescription, and likely an NCAA waiver, for adderall. 

19 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Whoa, pump the brakes. Street drug? AG = ADD meds prescribed to his roommate. And his positive drug test was reported by the local media DURING THE OFF SEASON.

Robbins reportedly (stimulant, what we don't know). POSITIVE DRUG TEST NOT REPORTED BY THE LOCAL MEDIA LEADING INTO A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. Some other possible unconfirmed connections to staff (though being discussed by the Robbins Family).

How is any of this (other than the likely loss of one year's eligibility) the "same as AG?"

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

What does the Fargo media have to do with SMUs death penalty for improper benefits??????  Oh you are trying to make something out of the SUPPOsed shinanigans when we were talking about a different subject. Got it.:whistling:

I realize the shenanigans regarding extra scholarships are only supposed but a friend did tell me how they did it. 

The SU coaches from that time were together and reminiscing about the good old days and how it worked.  They forgot he wasn't part of their coaching staff when they were at SU.  They spilled the beans before they realized it.   

This was during the time where you could get away with a lot because the NCAA acted as the cop and you only had to worry if they audited and caught you.  Now the schools have compliance officers on staff and schools have the responsibility to monitor themselves.

1 hour ago, Teeder11 said:

haha

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Street drugs? Pretty sure you can get a prescription, and likely an NCAA waiver, for adderall. 

But heard that AG’s infraction may have had more to do with using something that other non-athlete students unfortunately use all time to help them be more alert and stay up longer during finals week.

Oh silly me. I was thinking he was talking about speed. But I guess you could get a script for thats also but apparently he didnt.:whistling::lol:

8 hours ago, bison73 said:

Thats a very long time ago.  Cant get away with that stuff now.

No one cheated in D2 better than North Alabama. They are FCS now and probably don't have as much money tied up in Scholarships now as they did from 93-95

9 hours ago, bison73 said:

But heard that AG’s infraction may have had more to do with using something that other non-athlete students unfortunately use all time to help them be more alert and stay up longer during finals week.

Oh silly me. I was thinking he was talking about speed. But I guess you could get a script for thats also but apparently he didnt.:whistling::lol:

Just like you can get a script for performance enhancing drugs for the weight room? Oh wait..........

31 minutes ago, Rory said:

24 pages and still rolling. I believe my point was made. 

Since your reading comprehension is lacking, I would point to the title of this thread, which clearly indicates the intent is for the thread to continue until the September 2019 game and very probably beyond. 24 pages comes nowhere close to 2000.

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

What was your point?

That both fan bases are obsessed with each other. Nothing new obviously but it’s in full gear now. Bison fans are delusional if they don’t think UND is their main rival.