SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

NDSU fans, actually all non-FBS college fans, need to realize there's this thing call "Mount Union" in DIII that matters as much to the FBS schools (and national media for that matter) as FCS does. 

Mentioning Mount Union,
they've gone 15-0 in 2017, 2015, 2012, 2008, 2006, and 
they've gone 14-0 in 2002, 2001, 2000, 1998, 1997, 1996, 1993*.

*Note that little run in there from 1996 to 2002 -- six of seven titles and just one combined loss (in 1999, 12-1). 

10 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

NDSU fans, actually all non-FBS college fans, need to realize there's this thing call "Mount Union" in DIII that matters as much to the FBS schools (and national media for that matter) as FCS does. 

Mentioning Mount Union,
they've gone 15-0 in 2017, 2015, 2012, 2008, 2006, and 
they've gone 14-0 in 2002, 2001, 2000, 1998, 1997, 1996, 1993*.

*Note that little run in there from 1996 to 2002 -- six of seven titles and just one combined loss (in 1999, 12-1). 

Mount Union isn't beating those FBS teams on a regular basis, though.

3 minutes ago, Bubbasburner said:

That's true. It's still impressive though. Just like NDSU's current run is. However, it is important to remember how much better the elite FBS teams are. Bama, Clemson, hell any of those final four playoff teams, beat any FCS team by however much they want to.

6 minutes ago, Bubbasburner said:

And NDSU didn't beat an FBS team this season.

Yes, they did beat an FBS in their other 15-0 season: Kansas State and K-State that year went on to play for the Nat..., er, won the Big ..., uh, has a fine program.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

And NDSU didn't beat an FBS team this season.

Yes, they did beat an FBS in their other 15-0 season: Kansas State and K-State that year went on to play for the Nat..., er, won the Big ..., uh, has a fine program.  

We can't play 'em if they won't schedule us. This bigger teams would rather play some school like the Citidal or UND for that matter. We would've beat Washington this year.

15 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Too simple. There is some method to the madness. 

The method is the simplicity. 

Keep it simple and be perfect at it. 

Put it this way:
If your offensive line never misses a block and can fall forward for 4 yards every play, what else do you need to do? 
If your receiver always runs a perfect 7 yard sideline out that the DB can't react fast enough to and your QB can put that ball in that spot every time, what else do you need to do? 

There's elegance in simplicity. 

Or as a wise mentor told me long ago:
Anyone can put together an overthought overly complex system; what is difficult is designing out the complexity and creating a simple effective design. 

5 minutes ago, Bubbasburner said:

We can't play 'em if they won't schedule us. This bigger teams would rather play some school like the Citidal or UND for that matter. We would've beat Washington this year.

YOU wouldn't have done jack sh*t.  There is only proof out there that NDSU purposely scheduled winnable FBS games, not that they have tried to schedule really good FBS teams.  Even their next games FBS games are meh.  Oregon and Arizona.  Oregon is a shell of what it was.  Arizona sucks really, really bad.

55 minutes ago, Bubbasburner said:

We would've beat Washington this year.

BINGO!!!             A troll would post that on a rival board. Get real!

Like I said a few posts back. 

"They say they are not trolling, but yet have that little shot in many posts."

7 minutes ago, Bubbasburner said:

This is the most idiotic thing I have seen in 2019. Thank you for the laugh.

10 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

YOU wouldn't have done jack sh*t.  There is only proof out there that NDSU purposely scheduled winnable FBS games, not that they have tried to schedule really good FBS teams.  Even their next games FBS games are meh.  Oregon and Arizona.  Oregon is a shell of what it was.  Arizona sucks really, really bad.

How is it our fault these teams aren't good when we play them? We schedule the games 5+ years in advance. K-State and Iowa both came off conference championship winning seasons the year prior. We hear it every year from them: "It's a down year" "If we played our A game we'd woop you" "Let's see you play 'Bama" yada yada yada.

18 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The method is the simplicity. 

Keep it simple and be perfect at it. 

Put it this way:
If your offensive line never misses a block and can fall forward for 4 yards every play, what else do you need to do? 
If your receiver always runs a perfect 7 yard sideline out that the DB can't react fast enough to and your QB can put that ball in that spot every time, what else do you need to do? 

There's elegance in simplicity. 

Or as a wise mentor told me long ago:
Anyone can put together an overthought overly complex system; what is difficult is designing out the complexity and creating a simple effective design. 

It's a wonder that all the teams don't copy it.  I mean being so simple.  Ask the DC's in the playoffs if they thought it was a simple O.

23 minutes ago, Bubbasburner said:

I don't think NDSU would have beat Washington but ya never know I suppose. 

19 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

BINGO!!!             A troll would post that on a rival board. Get real!

Like I said a few posts back. 

"They say they are not trolling, but yet have that little shot in many posts."

Wasn't a shot at you guys at all, just laying out facts. Go crawl under your hole again.

2 hours ago, Goon said:

I would have to say, maybe not in football, but I think there's a case that the rivalry is alive and well in men's and women's basketball. 

Rivalry is in all sports, just got watered down when we didn't play them, but never left (continued among the fans without games), the menials will catch on. I could see it at the last Bissons baseball game at Kraft Field, there were vocal fans standing down the length of both foul lines a few people deep. You mention football, if anyone hasn't seen the Rivalry football game in the past, don't miss the game at the Hawks' Nest in 2021, the fans will experience a time warp. NDSUcks

Also take note, this is a football thread and we have an invasive species.

19 minutes ago, Bubbasburner said:

How is it our fault these teams aren't good when we play them? We schedule the games 5+ years in advance. K-State and Iowa both came off conference championship winning seasons the year prior. We hear it every year from them: "It's a down year" "If we played our A game we'd woop you" "Let's see you play 'Bama" yada yada yada.

Your athletic director stated without confusion that he purposely only scheduled games they though they could win, that "fit" the mold.  Why do you guys keep ignoring that statement?

17 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

It's a wonder that all the teams don't copy it.  I mean being so simple.  Ask the DC's in the playoffs if they thought it was a simple O.

I don't say simple as any disrespect to the scheme. 

I'd take simple with exceptional execution (as NDSU does time and again) over complex and missed assignments every day of the week. 

And yes, it is a wonder that teams think they have to do more. NDSU shows that doing less but always doing it right is better. 

6 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Your athletic director stated without confusion that he purposely only schedule games they though they could win, that "fit" the mold.  Why do you guys keep ignoring that statement?

So you would rather have an AD that schedules FBS teams that you know you'll lose by 30 to just pick up a check? LOL

2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Thank you.  

I acknowledged his statement, now lets hear your answer to my question. I can already see it now. If Oregon magically comes out of the craphole they're in and becomes relevant and we beat them, you will still spin it somehow that it's "not a big deal". 

14 minutes ago, Bubbasburner said:

So you would rather have an AD that schedules FBS teams that you know you'll lose by 30 to just pick up a check? LOL

You bet your ass I would. First of all, ask NDSU how nice those checks are, they are received a few. Also, if you lose those games, no one cares, you were supposed to and your team just experienced a high level of football. If you win, like NDSU has a few times and UND did against Bison great Bohl, it is a program changer and gives you a reason to brag and gloat (as you obviously know.) So ya give me an AD who schedules those games any day.

• UNDBIZ locked this topic