SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

19 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

You were the one bitching about a link to prove what I said is right. I know that Robbins and others were using banned substances. I also know for a fact that Coach Roehl knew they were taking it and apologized to those players that he was unaware the substance was added to the list. I also know NDSU plans to appeal appeal appeal and fight it until the end so Robbins can have his senior year. You were the one skeptical on what I know. I have sources you will never have and I don't even cheer for the bison.

Youve done some conflating here on my questioning but thats ok as it goes with the territory.

As far as the rest most it public information but you did say I could go in to any bar and ask. :lol:

The timeline is what has you--on when you knew:whistling: as opposed to when I said you were late. And yes you were late.

2 hours ago, petey23 said:

Could NDSU beat some FBS teams? Yes.

But, again, at the end of the day, NDSU and UND and the rest of the teams in the FCS are playing for 131st place.

And? Its for a National title we compete for. You telling me anyone outside of the P5 conferences have a shot at the CFP? They are playing for the whocaresbowl. 6-6 teams are fighting for their participation trophy while we in the FCS are fighting for a National title and a nice banner hanging in the Alerus Center next to the 2001 National Championship banner. I am proud of our team if and when we beat FBS teams (so far its just Wyoming), its a big step. Why degrade it.

45 minutes ago, bison73 said:

And youre not with us??? LOL Seriously look at the amount of posts dedicated to you guys trying to bolster the "UND is your rival" narrative.  :lol: That door swings both ways on this subject.

There is just more disdain towards you because of your past actions to the point some dont want anything to do with you.  Which  transends the parameters of a rivalry to just plain hate and that serves no one well.

UND fans: hey look at that door swing!

NDSU fans: what door?

2 hours ago, Bubbasburner said:

FWIW, during our 3-8 2009 season, we didn't have below a 14,000 attendance. We got 1k+ teammakers on a wait list for season tickets. Fan base and attendance aren't going anywhere.

Also, 6-5 season in 2008, no less than 16k/game

Then your fanbase decided not to attend their first ever PLAYOFF game in the Fargodome since it opened

12,202 vs Robert Morris in 2010.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Youve done some conflating here on my questioning but thats ok as it goes with the territory.

As far as the rest most it public information but you did say I could go in to any bar and ask. :lol:

The timeline is what has you--on when you knew:whistling: as opposed to when I said you were late. And yes you were late.

I can’t even pretend to have a clue what you are talking about now.

34 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Then your fanbase decided not to attend their first ever PLAYOFF game in the Fargodome since it opened

12,202 vs Robert Morris in 2010.

Darrell weve gone over this how many times?   Thanksgiving weekend. We didnt expect to make the playoffs. Student all went home etc etc etc

• Downvote 1

Just now, bison73 said:

Darrell weve gone over this how many times?   Thanksgiving weekend. We didnt expect to make the playoffs. Student all went home etc etc etc

Didn't expect to make the playoffs? No faith.

Thanksgiving is a football holiday! What a better way that to cheer on your team. 

Shame, Shame, shame.....

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Didn’t UND have more people at the hockey game that same day? I guess we know where the Bison fans were. 

16 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Ummmmmmmmmm...how is that different than what I stated?  

Trust me, if Clemson, Alabama or any of those top 10 teams in the final AP call us and asked us for a game, we wouldn't hesitate. Problem is they won't cause they'd much rather play a lower tier FCS team to beat by 30+. It doesn't look good when it comes to the CFP rankings and one of them plays us and only beats us by 2 or less scores. Sure they could beat us by much more, but this is one reason why they wont schedule us.

Just now, Bubbasburner said:

Trust me, if Clemson, Alabama or any of those top 10 teams in the final AP call us and asked us for a game, we wouldn't hesitate. Problem is they won't cause they'd much rather play a lower tier FCS team to beat by 30+. It doesn't look good when it comes to the CFP rankings and one of them plays us and only beats us by 2 or less scores. Sure they could beat us by much more, but this is one reason why they wont schedule us.

Trust me, I don't trust you.  It's a message board.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, darell1976 said:

And? Its for a National title we compete for. You telling me anyone outside of the P5 conferences have a shot at the CFP? They are playing for the whocaresbowl. 6-6 teams are fighting for their participation trophy while we in the FCS are fighting for a National title and a nice banner hanging in the Alerus Center next to the 2001 National Championship banner. I am proud of our team if and when we beat FBS teams (so far its just Wyoming), its a big step. Why degrade it.

I don't see how pointing out the facts is degrading anything. It is what it is and I am fine with and want us to be competitive at the FCS level of football.

17 minutes ago, Bubbasburner said:

Don't Bama and FSU schedule FCS teams every year? Not low level FBS teams

1 hour ago, FlinFlan80 said:

You were the one bitching about a link to prove what I said is right. I know that Robbins and others were using banned substances. I also know for a fact that Coach Roehl knew they were taking it and apologized to those players that he was unaware the substance was added to the list. I also know NDSU plans to appeal appeal appeal and fight it until the end so Robbins can have his senior year. You were the one skeptical on what I know. I have sources you will never have and I don't even cheer for the bison.

When I saw a back-up defensive lineman for NDSU smoke a K-State O lineman and then smoke their running back I remember casually saying, "I think their players are on something cause this just doesn't make any sense".  The SU back-up looked like Reggie White throwing FBS players around.  I have often wondered how SU can physically beat every team they face, FCS or FBS.  I can't be the only one to  wonder.......and no, it's not the strength coach being ahead of the rest of the universe for 8 years in a row.  

11 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

When I saw a back-up defensive lineman for NDSU smoke a K-State O lineman and then smoke their running back I remember casually saying, "I think their players are on something cause this just doesn't make any sense".  The SU back-up looked like Reggie White throwing FBS players around.  I have often wondered how SU can physically beat every team they face, FCS or FBS.  I can't be the only one to  wonder.......and no, it's not the strength coach being ahead of the rest of the universe for 8 years in a row.  

LOL, you do realize they get tested for the same substances as any other college football team in the whole nation? Are you that delusional?

28 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

He does seem to be doing something right. It's not the 80's anymore when I knew guys playing at small colleges and junior colleges who were juicing.

13 minutes ago, Bubbasburner said:

LOL, you do realize they get tested for the same substances as any other college football team in the whole nation? Are you that delusional?

Are you a lost sheep following the herd?  (yes) There are hundreds if not thousands of things out there Dr. Dipsh-t.  And it could be something legal, too, but I did attach a comment that made it seem like it is something illegal.  The streak is defying logic along with a recent substance abuse that was 'recently added' to the list.  Seems like a Barry Bonds scenario in that yes, you need incredible skills to hit the ball out of the park, but no, your head shouldn't be growing after the age of 18.  I am not convinced SU broke any rules outside the norm, but not convinced they didn't either.  

7 minutes ago, petey23 said:

He does seem to be doing something right. It's not the 80's anymore when I knew guys playing at small colleges and junior colleges who were juicing.

Guys were juicing in the early 90's, but that fell off to other 'like' steroids?  NCAA was adding things right and left in late 90's, banned substances.

4 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

... along with a recent substance abuse that was 'recently added' to the list.  

If this is accurate (if) that is concerning to me.

Not about the winning, but about the future State liability if such substances were provided by a State employee and later found to have long-term detrimental health effects. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

If this is accurate (if) that is concerning to me.

Not about the winning, but about the future State liability if such substances were provided by a State employee and later found to have long-term detrimental health effects. 

My deep inside source said the substance was given to the players and I won't say by whom, but can confirm what FlinFlan said.