SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

14 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Not my end game.  One person doesn't speak for all. 

I just wondered how 12-15 reporters all decided to not report it, that's all.  

To me I dont care. When I first heard about it I didnt care if it was going to be reported on the news or not as I knew it would make it there sooner or later.

My firsts thoughts were WTF were you thinking?

Are there really 12-15 reporters in Fargo?????

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

The point doesn’t change.

Answer this question directly: Is it the job of local media to provide a competitive advantage to the opponent?

I will answer the question.  

It is not the job of local media to provide a competitive advantage to the opponent.  

It is also not the job to protect the team you cover by holding something back that might help an opponent.  I know Kolpack a little bit and Fargo sportswriters are expected to hold back information at times to protect SU football.

I believe it is their job to report what they know in a timely manner unless it was told to them off the record.  

I didn't watch any of the game but doubt it would have had an impact if it had revealed.  I just think it is a sad commentary on Fargo reporters in general. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

This wasn't an injury.  It was a NCAA testing failure.  "Insider info"....lol

What's also funny is that every single reporter chose to not report it.  That's either mandated by NDSU or collusion amongst themselves.  

Funny how we knew about all the FBS suspensions before the semifinals and finals that were for the exact same thing.

Just goes to show you that FBS is just bigger news than the FCS.:0:lol:

1 hour ago, Sioux95 said:

So, taking PEDs and playing in a semi final game isn't cheating as long as you pay the penalty when you get caught?  If it wasn't cheating, there wouldn't be a penalty.  By your reasoning, it isn't cheating if you don't get caught.

I think I learned about this in grade school or Sunday school. Two wrongs do not equal a right.

The media’s ability to truthfully and factually report has been in question for many years. Sad

The whole thing does not pass the smell test  to me.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bison06 said:

You guys are hilarious. 

I guess the level of outrage around here is completely dependent on whose ox is being gored.

Keep your holier than thou attitude for when UND’s player go through their next failed test, we both know it’s just a matter of time for every team.

You just can’t seem to grasp the point.  Not surprising. 

If you’re content with another title with another asterisk, that’s fine. The rest of FCS knows what goes on in Fargo even if you are too ignorant to realize it. 

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

If you’re content with another title with another asterisk, that’s fine. The rest of FCS knows what goes on in Fargo even if you are too ignorant to realize it. 

:lol::D

8 hours ago, Bison06 said:

I’m not saying anything, I have zero insider info.

Reporting is a choice, which stories you decide to make important is subjective at all levels of reporting. It isn’t as if the media didn’t have a million other stories to run that are arguably just as interesting to their readers.

You sincerely think it’s the job of the media to objectively report? It hasn’t been that way in 50+ years if it was ever that way.

They didn’t cover something up, they just chose not to run it as a story until after the game.

I don’t see the scandal here.

"They didn't cover something up, they just chose to cover something up"

8 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

:lol:

1 hour ago, Fry Bread said:

With this type of discussion I hope we all remember we are talking about a young person that made a mistake. 

Maybe it matters if it was intentional or not. I don’t know?

More accurately, let’s remember his coach made the ‘mistake’ and told him it was safe to take it. 

• Upvote 4

On 1/5/2019 at 11:56 AM, geaux_sioux said:

I’m not mad, just disappointed.

Ouch. I’m still feeling the pain a week later. 

Criticism from a mentor always stings. 

I vow to never let it happen again. 

Just kidding, kind of. 

1 hour ago, choyt3 said:

Having young kids myself, I’d like to hear what the actual product was that he took. 

I imagine more than this one player on NDSU’s roster changed their regimen after this random, positive test. 

That is a worthy concern 

2 hours ago, Mama Sue said:

You know you are right and he missed a chance of a lifetime.... someone was paid to know if the PED was on the list. This mama bear would be ugly, like never ugly before, if that was one of my boys.

Don't ever want to get mama ugly and mad!!!

Love ya Mama!!

:)

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Cratter said:

Cheating: act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination.

What part don't you understand that NDSU had cheated? NCAA punished him because he cheated. Duh! 

He previously played while taking performance enhancing drugs.

I have hypothesized this for a long time.  SU has a victory at any cost approach to football.  Coaches providing stimulants......I am sure this was the 1st and only time and just a paperwork mistake, lmfao!!  Part of me admires it.  If no one else knows and you don't get caught.......fairly easy trade for National Titles.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

I have hypothesized this for a long time.  SU has a victory at any cost approach to football.  Coaches providing stimulants......I am sure this was the 1st and only time and just a paperwork mistake, lmfao!!  Part of me admires it.  If no one else knows and you don't get caught.......fairly easy trade for National Titles.

Now coaches are providing stimulants?  :silly:

33 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Now coaches are providing stimulants?  :silly:

Don’t ever doubt it.... everyone is selling a non-FDA approved pill/powder/patch for fatigue or low energy or weight loss or lower your blood sugars. I have 5 friends doing it and making darn good money. I KNOW it is in sports.....wonder who was making the $$$ behind that sale to the kid who... not to belabor a point....lost his chance playing for a national title.

13 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

Don’t ever doubt it.... everyone is selling a non-FDA approved pill/powder/patch for fatigue or low energy or weight loss or lower your blood sugars. I have 5 friends doing it and making darn good money. I KNOW it is in sports.....wonder who was making the $$$ behind that sale to the kid who... not to belabor a point....lost his chance playing for a national title.

Not saying its not in sports.I saw it first hand when I was at Iowa back in the 70s.  Im questioning  the accusation that a coach supplied it.

You have 5 friends sell it?  You might want to choose better friends considering your past postings.

This is for weight loss... not performance enhancing....I am sure you have friends and relatives selling these ? nutritional vitamin supplements too. And there is a down line of even more people selling so they get their product free.

I wondered who got the $$ from the sale.... could be anyone. No accusation just wondering...

A Shakespear quote could apply here,”Me thinks she Doty protest too much.”

end of story for me

53 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

This is for weight loss... not performance enhancing....I am sure you have friends and relatives selling these ? nutritional vitamin supplements too. And there is a down line of even more people selling so they get their product free.

I wondered who got the $$ from the sale.... could be anyone. No accusation just wondering...

A Shakespear quote could apply here,”Me thinks she Doty protest too much.”

end of story for me

As usual your quote isnt appropriate to the situation. And no I dont have any friends or relatives selling that crap.