SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

1 hour ago, homer said:

You would think there would be a post about him not playing in b’ville prior to the game if coach mentioned it or something in the media about a starter missing a game of a coach brought it up in a press conference.  Weird

tenor.gif?itemid=10755023

• Upvote 1

I'm guessing NDSU tried to keep it hush hush more from a game planning aspect. Robbins is a versatile fullback teams have to prepare for as that isn't something you see everyday. NDSU is smart enough to know that is EWU assumed Robbins was playing they would spend sometime preparing for him, in that wasting time preparing for something they weren't going to see.

• Upvote 1

So Klieman first speaks of it post game. 

It remains, by her own tweet, that Hoole of KVLY knew of the issue on the Wednesday before the game, but I'm yet to find her report of that significant news before the game. 

Surely strictly by coincidence KVLY has NDSU television rights. 

• Upvote 4

39 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

So Klieman first speaks of it post game. 

It remains, by her own tweet, that Hoole of KVLY knew of the issue on the Wednesday before the game, but I'm yet to find her report of that significant news before the game. 

Surely strictly by coincidence KVLY has NDSU television rights. 

What exactly is the scandal here in your mind? If he had played in the game and then it came out that he tested positive, sure now we have a pretty shady situation. But, he didn’t make the trip, he didn’t play, the coach addressed it directly in no uncertain terms and the player is appealing the suspension. In all honesty, even if the shoe was on the other foot here and it was a UND player I wouldn’t be unsatisfied with the story being told at this stage.

Now, if some of the other rumors turn out to be true, I would expect there to be some questions asked, but at this stage what more is there to say about it?

9 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

What exactly is the scandal here in your mind? If he had played in the game and then it came out that he tested positive, sure now we have a pretty shady situation. But, he didn’t make the trip, he didn’t play, the coach addressed it directly in no uncertain terms and the player is appealing the suspension. In all honesty, even if the shoe was on the other foot here and it was a UND player I wouldn’t be unsatisfied with the story being told at this stage.

Now, if some of the other rumors turn out to be true, I would expect there to be some questions asked, but at this stage what more is there to say about it?

More wondering how all the media that were down in Frisco orchestrated it to where not one of them reported it. They all knew mid-week, we know that much.  But not a word.....

25 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

But, he didn’t make the trip, he didn’t play, the coach addressed it directly in no uncertain terms and the player is appealing the suspension. 

The appeal was denied on Wednesday before the team left, which is why he didn't travel. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

More wondering how all the media that were down in Frisco orchestrated it to where not one of them reported it. They all knew mid-week, we know that much.  But not a word.....

I think FlinFlan80 made a great point above about that.

Is it the local media’s job to reveal insider information to your opponent that could help the opponent? What if the player wasn’t planning to play for some other reason, like an injury. Should the media that covers the local team all year write stories about that to “be a good journalist” or should they keep that to themselves as to not give away insider info to an opponent.

I think some may be making a mountain out of a mole hill on this one.

• Downvote 3

17 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I think FlinFlan80 made a great point above about that.

Is it the local media’s job to reveal insider information to your opponent that could help the opponent? What if the player wasn’t planning to play for some other reason, like an injury. Should the media that covers the local team all year write stories about that to “be a good journalist” or should they keep that to themselves as to not give away insider info to an opponent.

I think some may be making a mountain out of a mole hill on this one.

This wasn't an injury.  It was a NCAA testing failure.  "Insider info"....lol

What's also funny is that every single reporter chose to not report it.  That's either mandated by NDSU or collusion amongst themselves.  

Funny how we knew about all the FBS suspensions before the semifinals and finals that were for the exact same thing.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

This wasn't an injury.  It was a NCAA testing failure.

Funny how we knew about all the FBS suspensions before the semifinals and finals that were for the exact same thing.

The point doesn’t change.

Answer this question directly: Is it the job of local media to provide a competitive advantage to the opponent?

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

The point doesn’t change.

Answer this question directly: Is it the job of local media to provide a competitive advantage to the opponent?

So you are saying they colluded to keep it amongst themselves.  There were no less than 15 media members there from Fargo and not one said a word. 

That speaks volumes about their cozy relationship with NDSU.

• Upvote 1

Just now, UND1983 said:

So you are saying they colluded to keep it amongst themselves.  There were no less than 15 media members there from Fargo and not one said a word. 

That speaks volumes about their cozy relationship with NDSU.

I’m not saying anything, I have zero insider info.

Reporting is a choice, which stories you decide to make important is subjective at all levels of reporting. It isn’t as if the media didn’t have a million other stories to run that are arguably just as interesting to their readers.

You sincerely think it’s the job of the media to objectively report? It hasn’t been that way in 50+ years if it was ever that way.

They didn’t cover something up, they just chose not to run it as a story until after the game.

I don’t see the scandal here.

7 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Where's the line? How much cheating does NDSU have to do before the media would report it?

See that’s the problem here that you seem not to be understanding. Nobody cheated, he broke the rules and was appropriately punished per the NCAA. It’s being reported, just not as immediate as UND fans would like.

It would be cheating if an ineligible player had played following a positive test.

10 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

See that’s the problem here that you seem not to be understanding. Nobody cheated, he broke the rules and was appropriately punished per the NCAA. It’s being reported, just not as immediate as UND fans would like.

It would be cheating if an ineligible player had played following a positive test.

So, taking PEDs and playing in a semi final game isn't cheating as long as you pay the penalty when you get caught?  If it wasn't cheating, there wouldn't be a penalty.  By your reasoning, it isn't cheating if you don't get caught.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Sioux95 said:

So, taking PEDs and playing in a semi final game isn't cheating as long as you pay the penalty when you get caught?  If it wasn't cheating, there wouldn't be a penalty.  By your reasoning, it isn't cheating if you don't get caught.

You guys are hilarious. 

I guess the level of outrage around here is completely dependent on whose ox is being gored.

Keep your holier than thou attitude for when UND’s player go through their next failed test, we both know it’s just a matter of time for every team.

9 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

You guys are hilarious. 

I guess the level of outrage around here is completely dependent on whose ox is being gored.

Keep your holier than thou attitude for when UND’s player go through their next failed test, we both know it’s just a matter of time for every team.

You knew this was going to be the end game with them. :crazy: