SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Football Season

Dustin

On 8/19/2022 at 9:19 AM, UND-FB-FAN said:

Some interesting FCS vs FBS Matchups this fall. 

Illinois State: Wisconsin (Sept. 3); Indiana State: Purdue (Sept. 10); Missouri State: Arkansas (Sept. 17); North Dakota: Nebraska (Sept. 3); North Dakota State: Arizona (Sept. 17); Northern Iowa: Air Force (Sept. 3); South Dakota: Kansas State (Sept. 3); South Dakota State: Iowa (Sept. 3); Southern Illinois: Northwestern (Sept. 17); Western Illinois: Minnesota (Sept. 10); Youngstown State: Kentucky (Sept. 17)

11 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Illinois State: Wisconsin (Sept. 3); Indiana State: Purdue (Sept. 10); Missouri State: Arkansas (Sept. 17); North Dakota: Nebraska (Sept. 3); North Dakota State: Arizona (Sept. 17); Northern Iowa: Air Force (Sept. 3); South Dakota: Kansas State (Sept. 3); South Dakota State: Iowa (Sept. 3); Southern Illinois: Northwestern (Sept. 17); Western Illinois: Minnesota (Sept. 10); Youngstown State: Kentucky (Sept. 17)

Thundering Turd still with the Lucky Charm on Scheduling.  Arizona has 1 Win and 23 Losses in their last 24 games including last season's loss to NAU.  What a joke they have been.  It's going to be tough to suck that bad again this year but they'll find a way come September 17th for sure.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Thundering Turd still with the Lucky Charm on Scheduling.  Arizona has 1 Win and 23 Losses in their last 24 games including last season's loss to NAU.  What a joke they have been.  It's going to be tough to suck that bad again this year but they'll find a way come September 17th for sure.

Yeah Neb is a powerhouse.  3-9 in 2021 

• Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Yeah Neb is a powerhouse.  3-9 in 2021 

Way better than Arizona. You watch 2021 Huskers? Lost every game by a touchdown or less, late in the game.

You been to a game in Tucson versus Lincoln? I've been to both venues- give me Memorial Stadium every day of the week and twice on Saturdays.

You bizon fans are pathetic ...

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

My predictions on most likely to least likely FCS wins in just that list:

NDSU vs Arizona
UNI over USAFA
MoSt vs Arkansas
S Ill vs N'western
UND vs Nebraska
USD vs KState
SDSU vs Iowa
YSU vs Kentucky
Ill St vs Wisconsin
Ind St vs Purdue
W Ill vs UMn

12 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Way better than Arizona. You watch 2021 Huskers? Lost every game by a touchdown or less, late in the game.

You been to a game in Tucson versus Lincoln? I've been to both venues- give me Memorial Stadium every day of the week and twice on Saturdays.

You bizon fans are pathetic ...

Sounds like you're preparing UND fans for a blowout.  There's a reason why most FBS teams want to play you.  

1 minute ago, Bison Dan said:

Sounds like you're preparing UND fans for a blowout.  There's a reason why most FBS teams want to play you.  

So where did you see that I said UND will get blown out? That clearly is what you want to happen, though ... no surprise

Again, enjoy Tucson, AZ. I much prefer Memorial Stadium and Lincoln, NE in September. NDSU better beat U of Az by 21 points or they underperformed ... 

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

My predictions on most likely to least likely FCS wins in just that list:

NDSU vs Arizona
UNI over USAFA
MoSt vs Arkansas
S Ill vs N'western
UND vs Nebraska
USD vs KState
SDSU vs Iowa
YSU vs Kentucky
Ill St vs Wisconsin
Ind St vs Purdue
W Ill vs UMn

Yeah you might be right AZ was terrible last year.  New coach, new system, number 1 recruiting class in some ratings and lots of transfers.  Will be interesting.  

Just now, Bison Dan said:

Yeah you might be right AZ was terrible last year.  New coach, new system, number 1 recruiting class in some ratings and lots of transfers.  Will be interesting.  

Now who's lowering expectations? 

NDSU should have no issues with a 1-23 in last 24 Arizona team. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Now who's lowering expectations? 

NDSU should have no issues with a 1-23 in last 24 Arizona team. 

Not at all just stating facts.  They did transfer in the best qb in the PAC 12 and we all saw how fast MSU turned things around.  Anytime a FCS team plays a P5 team it's never a sure thing, but thanks for the vote of confidence.   

9 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Not at all just stating facts.  They did transfer in the best qb in the PAC 12 and we all saw how fast MSU turned things around.  Anytime a FCS team plays a P5 team it's never a sure thing, but thanks for the vote of confidence.   

UND fans, look no further then Utah State last year. USU the year prior was one of the worst in all of FBS. They brought in a new head coach and tons of transfers and completely turned that team around. Arizona could have the same trajectory. 

33 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Name 1. Seriously.....

Rivals - #21
24/7 - #22
ESPN - #25
On3 - #30
Pro Football Network - #35
Perfect Game - #40

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

They're making teams prepare for two known-quantity, but very different style, QBs. 

It's a good short term tactic, but I don't see it lasting. 

I don’t even think it’s a good short term tactic, but we will ultimately see how quickly it blows up. 1 minute? 1 quarter? 1 game? 1 whole season would be a huge surprise.

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

They're making teams prepare for two known-quantity, but very different style, QBs. 

It's a good short term tactic, but I don't see it lasting. 

It's a gimmick...our "smoke and mirrors" section of the playbook has definitely beefed up over the last couple of years.  Gimmicks can work great...until they don't...

You know what would make this conversation largely irrelevant??  If we could line up in short yardage situations and consistently pick up the needed yardage by winning up front...but I'm just a no-nothing fan in the stands...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1