SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Football Season

Dustin

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

The biggest thing and I mean BIGGEST thing that needs to change playing better on the road.  Yes Bubba is 47-40 at UND as a head coach.  But his road record in that span is 15-30.  In the 8 seasons he has been head coach, 5 of those seasons they only had 1 home win. (*Yes,  I realize there was techinically only 3 road games in 2020/Spring season, but you get my point).  

If this team wants to achieve their goals of winning a conference title, making the playoffs, or winning a national championship; they need to not only find a way to play better on the road but win road games.  It's that simple/.

Ouch. The truth hurts. 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 7:56 AM, UND-FB-FAN said:

“Bubba gone” - sounds more personal than it should be.

UND football has a tendency to be run like a family bakery and not a food manufacturing corporation. All kinds of variability in what folks preferences are there, but ultimately only one will be sustainable and one won’t be, particularly in this era of college football. 

Do you want UND football successful and sustainable or not? 

For the record, I don’t want anyone “gone” at this juncture. There’s a football season just a few weeks away. Go Hawks!

This is my opinion too.  Hard for anyone to be against Bubba.  Great guy and good coach.  It's time for a breakout season.  I am looking for a repeat of 2016, we over perform and win the close ones.   I think the talent has been there the last few years, UND just not able to totally put it together....it's time.

• Upvote 2

https://www.valleynewslive.com/2022/08/18/und-quarterbacks-share-spotlight-workload-fighting-hawks/

Looks like we are a 2 quarterback team now.  Curious to see how the time is split.  Would like to see more of Quincy outside of 3rd and 1 and he runs a sneak.  Hopefully we don't fall into the "If you have two quarterbacks, you have no quarterbacks" stigma.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

https://www.valleynewslive.com/2022/08/18/und-quarterbacks-share-spotlight-workload-fighting-hawks/

Looks like we are a 2 quarterback team now.  Curious to see how the time is split.  Would like to see more of Quincy outside of 3rd and 1 and he runs a sneak.  Hopefully we don't fall into the "If you have two quarterbacks, you have no quarterbacks" stigma.

Gotta let Quincy throw the ball around a bit more if it’s going to work. Tommy’s still going to receive probably 80% of the snaps assuming health. 

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

has trey moved up the depth charts at all the last 10 days or so?

No....4th

Walthalls at Concordia and per source will be an impact at the level immediately. 

When does Terry text Kevin...."How's Trey doing"?

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

It will definitely be interesting this year to see if they use Quincy more and let him run the regular offense.  Would be nice to see him complete some more passes as that will only help his effectiveness running the ball.

I think we all want to see Quincy throw the ball more......until he throws that first interception......then of course we will all be like.........damn it Danny why did you let Quincy throw the ball 15 yards down the middle of the field into coverage, why didn't you just leave Tommy in for that play.......wtf were you thinking. 

• Upvote 1

If the Nebraska game is already out of reach after the first half we need to start Quincy the whole semiconductor half. Let him wear down that defense and see what he has playing every down. Also play our 2s and 3s so they can get experience. I trust our depth to put up a good fight. 

45 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

If the Nebraska game is already out of reach after the first half we need to start Quincy the whole semiconductor half. Let him wear down that defense and see what he has playing every down. Also play our 2s and 3s so they can get experience. I trust our depth to put up a good fight. 

That could be an electrifying half of football.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

No....4th

Walthalls at Concordia and per source will be an impact at the level immediately. 

When does Terry text Kevin...."How's Trey doing"?

Where were Walthalls from ?

hoping Trey can get it going 

If Schuster, still only going to be a junior, can complete 65% of his passes again, throw 2-3 more TDs, and have 1-2 less INTs, while adding a few more scrambles for positive yards, UND will come out on top of those one score games this season. I think he’s more than capable of doing that and has the most weapons he’s ever had. I have faith in the O-Line development. 15 days!! 

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

If Schuster, still only going to be a junior, can complete 65% of his passes again, throw 2-3 more TDs, and have 1-2 less INTs, while adding a few more scrambles for positive yards, UND will come out on top of those one score games this season. I think he’s more than capable of doing that and has the most weapons he’s ever had. I have faith in the O-Line development. 15 days!! 

That’s if the defense can remain stable to improved and the run offense don’t fall off with Weah gone. I have faith the offense will be better, but there are still concerns beyond even the QB play, which remains the primary concern. OL - like you mentioned - rightfully so is under the microscope. The need for 2 QB rotation worries me …