SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Football Season

Dustin

3 hours ago, UND Fan said:

Believe me - there have been many discussions between Bubba and Chaves.  However, you are not going to hear or read about them unless an extension or termination is to take place.  

It doesn't appear like anything soaked in - Bubba was nothing if not consistent throughout the season.  

12 hours ago, UND Fan said:

Believe me - there have been many discussions between Bubba and Chaves.  However, you are not going to hear or read about them unless an extension or termination is to take place.  

Good news on Chaves making his expectations known and clear.  Based on your post, looks like no extension then unless Bubba has a very good season in 2022.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

What are the odds UND plays a game in December 2022??

I’m planning on it.  QB improves, OL improves and I think we try some things to find a WR that fills our current need.  I really like our RB room. 

Basing it on my opinion that I think the offense is improved and we score more points next year.  I also have a bunch of confidence in the offensive staff that they learned from this year and will be better.  Lots of young coaches there that will improve. 

Defense will be as good.  

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Wouldn't they need to play to win only 1 playoff game if the playoffs start after Thanksgiving?

You are correct.  Last regular season game is 11/19 @ NDSU.  First round playoffs would be 11/26, second round would be 12/4, So UND would either need to be a seed or win a playoff game to play in December.

So in reality UND wins a playoff game or wins 8+ regular season games and is a seed to still be playing football in December of 2022.

2 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Good news on Chaves making his expectations known and clear.  Based on your post, looks like no extension then unless Bubba has a very good season in 2022.

After this fall, I would sure hope that an extension wasn't even remotely a possibility to be on the table.  Even if we have a semi-final type year next year, I'd only want a 2 year extension at the most.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

After this fall, I would sure hope that an extension wasn't even remotely a possibility to be on the table.  Even if we have a semi-final type year next year, I'd only want a 2 year extension at the most.

I know that the industry ideal is to have recruits know the HC will be there for at least the 4 years the player is there.

However, with the Transfer Portal, I think that ideal is out the window.

So why do any extension for more than one year? Will it make that much difference in these times?

2 hours ago, shep said:

I know that the industry ideal is to have recruits know the HC will be there for at least the 4 years the player is there.

However, with the Transfer Portal, I think that ideal is out the window.

So why do any extension for more than one year? Will it make that much difference in these times?

Pretty sure South Dakota only allows for 1 year contracts.  They seem to do ok.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Pretty sure South Dakota only allows for 1 year contracts.  They seem to do ok.

They changed it a few years back because it was being used against them.
In fact, Stiegelmeier just signed a 2 year extension to go on top of the 5 year contract he signed in 2018.

https://www.keloland.com/sports/south-dakota-state-rewards-john-stiegelmeier-with-2-year-contract-extension/

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

They changed it a few years back because it was being used against them.
In fact, Stiegelmeier just signed a 2 year extension to go on top of the 5 year contract he signed in 2018.

https://www.keloland.com/sports/south-dakota-state-rewards-john-stiegelmeier-with-2-year-contract-extension/

As they should, they would have won a National Championship last year if their QB didn’t go down and I’m semifinals again this year.  And now that JMU and Sam Houston are going FBS it’s NDSU and SDSU as the top two programs in the FCS. 

Montana and MSU are trying to get back to the top of the hill but I think the two SU’s are the cream of the crop. Montana State May beat SDSU in semis this year at home though. Will be fun to see how that one plays out. 

15 hours ago, AJS said:

After watching the JMU / NDSU game, it really struck me that Tommy wasn’t the issue last year. I don’t think there’s much difference between those two QB’s and Tommy.

Oh Tommy, so so damn good ….

He engineered a whopping 10 points again the bizon. 
otherwise, UND offense pretty dang special, 24 points per game … 

UND needs to do better 

• Downvote 2

48 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Oh Tommy, so so damn good ….

He engineered a whopping 10 points again the bizon. 
otherwise, UND offense pretty dang special, 24 points per game … 

UND needs to do better 

The overlord has spoken everybody. If you don't think the football team is complete trash or if you are trying to be positive about anything, you're not a "real" fan.

• Upvote 2