SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Football Season

Dustin

16 hours ago, SkoHawks said:

Or maybe there will be lots of cheap hockey tickets available......but in all seriousness it really irritates me when we have a home FB game same weekend as a destination hockey game....either we don't care or we don't have enough pull to make sure this doesn't happen...either way is unacceptable to me.

Can't imagine any school, even the UND hockey program gets to dictate the date of the Hall of Fame game, so that was already set. We had an open date on the football schedule that weekend that needed to be filled, should we have scheduled an away game that weekend instead of a home game and had one less home game? 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Can't imagine any school, even the UND hockey program gets to dictate the date of the Hall of Fame game, so that was already set. We had an open date on the football schedule that weekend that needed to be filled, should we have scheduled an away game that weekend instead of a home game and had one less home game? 

Good point - home game is good

4 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Ideally they would have scheduled the game two weeks earlier when they have an open date. Maybe the logistics didn't work but they had a chance to fix it when the first game that was scheduled for October 30 against Dixie State was canceled. Would have been nice if they could have used that as a chance to fix the date. 

I feel like I read somewhere, when the game was cancelled, that the WAC was going to work out an agreement to with Dixie and UND to find a replacement team, in exchange for no buyout, and the replacement team would takeover the Dixie contract?  ****I may be wrong about that****

On 3/28/2022 at 5:32 PM, sioux24/7 said:

Any spring ball updates? Sounds like it was a pretty light spring ball with injuries an just trying to keep people healthy but haven't heard much.

Think I saw almost a little bit of an option play where Feeney pitched it out to the RB on the Facebook UND football story. 

Screenshot_20220330-101454.png

1 hour ago, SlowHand said:

He literally did nothing at NDSU.  Seems like a good kid though.

Started playing football late, has two years eligibility left.  UND runs a different scheme than NDSU.  Maybe it fits his style of play better.  

Clearly is athletic enough.  What does UND have to lose? 

• Like 1