SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Football Season

Dustin

For the last two seasons.....Weah seemed to somewhat be the emotional heartbeat of the team during the game.  When he was rolling.....we were rolling.  Will that shift to one of the other RB's......or who else might end up being that spark plug type of person for 2022? 

6 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

For the last two seasons.....Weah seemed to somewhat be the emotional heartbeat of the team during the game.  When he was rolling.....we were rolling.  Will that shift to one of the other RB's......or who else might end up being that spark plug type of person for 2022? 

Good question…every team has someone like this. It is a role that needs to be filled.

14 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

I'd still like to know what the kid is doing? You'd think he would have at least picked up a D2 offer or something, but I haven't heard anything. Did I miss something, or has it been that quiet? Would think someone here would have some inside info.

15 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

He was certainly the flamboyant one - but based on the opportunities they had last year and what they showed us, I think we have a stable of meat and potatoes backs that are going to step right up and we won't have the off field issues to deal with. 

On 4/21/2022 at 6:08 PM, Sioux94 said:

We all know that each off season the younger guys have the potential to get better.  However, honestly right after the end of last year....knowing Matt was leaving, I didn't think the other guys would improve enough to overcompensate for the loss of Waletzko to the point where we would be greatly improved as a whole on the OL.  And I was thinking 2022 was going to be a lot of the same, struggling to run the ball when we really need to.  However after getting a few transfers on the OL, and the other guys hopefully improving in the off season, I do at least have kelly green tinted glasses kind of hope....... and have some optimism that overall the OL will be improved this fall.  If they are no better than last year, it will likely be a frustrating season once again. 

Good points.  

OL will be key and could be better even without waletzko.

Tommy needs to run 3-6 times a game, designed and scrambles.

Find a way to stretch the field more consistently.

Need some guys to step up quickly replacing multiple year starters on D.

DL needs to be strength.

Better in game coaching decisions.

If we can find a way to be 3-2 by the time we travel to Youngstown, could be a really good season. 

3 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Good points.  

OL will be key and could be better even without waletzko.

Tommy needs to run 3-6 times a game, designed and scrambles.

Find a way to stretch the field more consistently.

Need some guys to step up quickly replacing multiple year starters on D.

DL needs to be strength.

Better in game coaching decisions.

If we can find a way to be 3-2 by the time we travel to Youngstown, could be a really good season. 

Agree on all of those as well.  Feeney should be capable enough if Tommy goes down, so yes Tommy needs to run at least 3-6 times a game.  Obviously Quincy is there too.  It will be interesting to see who will be listed #2, Quincy or Feeney.  Even if they list Quincy #2 and give him 5-6 snaps a game like they've done in the past when Tommy is healthy, I wonder if Tommy went down and was going to be out for 2-3 weeks or something......if they would then elevate Feeney as the starter as he is maybe more well rounded as a thrower.  Hopefully a healthy Maag can help us stretch the field more this year, and maybe that true freshman who is supposed to be pretty fast. 

• Upvote 1