SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Football Season

Dustin

Here is a list of who was on the Fall 2021 Roster, but is not on the Spring 2022 Roster.

• DB
    • Holm
    • Galvin
    • Nelson
    • Robertson
    • Canady
  • D-Line
    • Lickfeldt
    • Hudson
    • Seguin
  • LB
    • Turner
    • Urwiler
    • Larson
    • Haas
    • Shannon
  • O-Line
    • Langstaff
    • Ghadaksaz
    • Waletzko
  • RB
    • Clemetson
    • Weah
    • Arel
  • TE
    • Bohenkamp
    • Riviere
  • WR
    • Boltmann
    • Richter
    • Odom
    • Overby
  • QB
    • Postler
  • ST
    • Stage
    • Hinders

Total of 28

Edit: Added Shannon and Seguin per 360

• Upvote 1

On 3/9/2022 at 8:43 AM, siouxfan512 said:

I really hope so, but I will believe it when I see it. Maag has been a solid receiver for UND, but he has not been the standout I was expecting. Guy needs to play to his size and hold onto the ball in the redzone.

Tons of potential, and I know he was battling an injury last year, but really hoping you're right here. 

thinking the same...people keep talking about getting drafted...gimme  a break.....get your ass on the field first.

3 hours ago, AJS said:

Here is a list of who was on the Fall 2021 Roster, but is not on the Spring 2022 Roster.

• DB
    • Holm
    • Galvin
    • Nelson
    • Robertson
    • Canady
  • D-Line
    • Lickfeldt
    • Hudson
  • LB
    • Turner
    • Urwiler
    • Larson
    • Haas
  • O-Line
    • Langstaff
    • Ghadaksaz
    • Waletzko
  • RB
    • Clemetson
    • Weah
    • Arel
  • TE
    • Bohenkamp
    • Riviere
  • WR
    • Boltmann
    • Richter
    • Odom
    • Overby
  • QB
    • Postler
  • ST
    • Stage
    • Hinders

Total of 26

Only name I don't recognize is DL Hudson. Was he a Fr?

Did Riviere find a new home?

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

It’s easier to not update things when you don’t give a !@#$.

I agree, this is a complete joke.  It's not like this is a big ask..  just a little effort would be nice to even appear that you care.

• Upvote 1

Miller alluded to it in his mailbag, but looking at the defensive front 7, they should be really good next year.

• D-Line
    • Lickfeldt
    • Hudson
    • Seguin
  • LB
    • Turner
    • Urwiler
    • Larson
    • Haas
    • Shannon

The above list are guys that were on the roster last year, but aren't in Spring ball. I did cross out Hudson / Haas, because they either never played last year or unfortunately in Haas' case only played 1/2 a game. 

D-Line: With the mid-year switch of Pierre to NT, this team returns all 4 (Morrison, Beach, Pierre, Orlando) NT's from last year. Pulling up a random depth chart, they return Johnson / Lennon on one side, lose Seguin, but McNaboe saw a lot of game time. I did like Lickfeldt as a solid depth guy. For a positional group that uses a lot of bodies, losing 1 off the 2-Deep and 1 solid depth guy isn't bad. 

Prediction: They were solid last year, but this group will be better this year. 

ILB: Lose a four year starter in Larson, but return everybody else. Krzanowski is excellent, White has been in the 2-Deep for years, I thought Kelley was outstanding and really looks the part. McNeal / Pedigo are exciting young players.

Prediction: This is a perfect example of a situation where yes, you do lose a big time starter, but when you return all the other pieces, you'll be able to absorb that hit. I'll be a little conservative and predict they will match last years output as a group.

OLB: This one we'll really have to dig into. They return 2 of the 4 on last Falls 2-deep. Navratil / Mullin. Lose your best OLB (Turner) and a very solid back up to him in Shannon. Urwiler was one of the guys in the mix as a depth guy last year. You lose three. Remember, this positional group was hit really hard with injuries last year. Navratil was out for a few games, so we really got to see some depth. Plug in Navratil / Mullin on one side. MVJ who started to play more and more at the end of last year I thought was really exciting. Cooper who I would argue as a Grad transfer will be more valuable next year then Urwiler would have been (just talking next year only). Do you feel comfortable with MVJ / Cooper on the other side? Miller wrote that Koshiol is moving from Safety to OLB, a move which has paid dividends in the past for UND. Might not be right away, but that should help add depth.

Prediction: Take a step back from last year. Potential concerns (I really have no idea) about depth after the 2-Deep, although I think the 2-Deep is fine. 

Overall: Better on the line, same on the interior and will take a step back on the outside. All things considered, I don't think we see this Front 7 take a step back from last year. I think we're looking at a good MVFC Front 7. 

All eyes then move to the secondary. Especially when it comes to how many you need to bring it, it makes it manageable if you really only need true help in select spots. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, AJS said:

Miller wrote that Koshiol is moving from Safety to OLB, a move which has paid dividends in the past for UND.

I would think Hunter Hansen, the transfer from Northern State, might slide down too. He's listed as a safety right now, but he's got OLB size, and it'd be great to have the speed on the edge

It will be interesting to see if Smith is the starting RB for the first game.  He seems to be the most dynamic back.  Skokna is solid but from the little action we saw from Smith last year he looks like more of a playmaker than Skokna at RB.  Wouldn't be surprised if they do what they normally do.....be safe an start Skokna.  Then 5 games into the season...realize Smith is more dynamic and make him the starter.  Either way I think a lot of RB's will rotate in and get carries.  Hopefully Smith can stay healthy most of the year.  That is the one thing about Otis, the kid was a rock in there. 

15 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

It will be interesting to see if Smith is the starting RB for the first game.  He seems to be the most dynamic back.  Skokna is solid but from the little action we saw from Smith last year he looks like more of a playmaker than Skokna at RB.  Wouldn't be surprised if they do what they normally do.....be safe an start Skokna.  Then 5 games into the season...realize Smith is more dynamic and make him the starter.  Either way I think a lot of RB's will rotate in and get carries.  Hopefully Smith can stay healthy most of the year.  That is the one thing about Otis, the kid was a rock in there. 

I feel like they will start Smith. Skokna should be on the field plenty though. 

9 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I feel like they will start Smith. Skokna should be on the field plenty though. 

I hope so.  I don't think Otis started starting until 5-6 games in his first full year playing.  Will be curious to see what Ziebarth can do with some more carries this year. 

• 2 weeks later...