SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 football season

Nodak78

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Yeah, and I think NDSU starts losing more when more of Entz’ recruits hit the field. Horrible coach with a very very good program around him 

What makes him a horrible coach? And over half the players playing now are his recruits.

7 minutes ago, SkoHawks said:

Is there an easy way to do a poll on here? I'm just curious what is considered an acceptable season by some. I might expect too much, but seems like some on here would be happy with 6-5 or a simple one and done playoff appearance.

I'm guessing NO ONE on here wants a one and done or a 6-5. 

But the constant bitching about the team, coaches and players is getting old and just saying that doesn't mean I'm happy with 2 bad losses.

I don't know anyone who is.

• Upvote 4

My goal for this season was a playoff seed, which means we would host the quarterfinals, with a good chance at winning and playing in the semifinals. Basically wanting a step further than we’ve ever been before. Would need to run the table at this point, and even then a seed wouldn’t be guaranteed. But, UND has rattled off 9 in a row after starting 0-2, so something might click. 

• Upvote 2

This team is living the dream from spring.

Offense line is not the same.  It is affecting the running and passing game.

Leadership needs to step up.

The spring everyone was hungry and focused.

Now the team is still reading press from last spring. Plus this board from July and August.

Maybe if Peyton was center and ban was guard they could jell.  Might to late.

3 hours ago, SkoHawks said:

Anything other than a "deep" playoff run is failure in my mind. Quarterfinals or better. Honestly don't even think that's that high of a bar. 

And yet we as a fanbase are very tolerant with mediocrity.  I agree with your post.  Bubba Ball should be established by now.  

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Irish said:

And yet we as a fanbase are very tolerant with mediocrity.  I agree with your post.  Bubba Ball should be established by now.  

SDSU must have also been very tolerant with mediocrity too.  It took Stiegelmeier 20 year to make the Quarter Finals, and really for his first 20 years they could never win the big one or even semi-big one.   That said, this fall has been frustrating as hell!! 

18 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

SDSU must have also been very tolerant with mediocrity too.  It took Stiegelmeier 20 year to make the Quarter Finals, and really for his first 20 years they could never win the big one or even semi-big one.   That said, this fall has been frustrating as hell!! 

difference might be how damn sloppy we look and clueless at times and maybe because we feel we are going backwards after 7 years.....when ketteringham flicked off UND fans he should have been demoted at least or suspended for a game or two....nope bubba just said aw shucks he didn't mean it.

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

difference might be how damn sloppy we look and clueless at times and maybe because we feel we are going backwards after 7 years.....when ketteringham flicked off UND fans he should have been demoted at least or suspended for a game or two....nope bubba just said aw shucks he didn't mean it.

Didn't he get stripped of being a captain after that?  Not sure it warranted being suspended for a game or two for a boneheaded thing he did in the heat of the moment, that really didn't hurt anyone.  I agree, the sloppiness this year has been horrible and ever since the 2nd quarter of Utah State game, this has been an extremely frustrating year.  However last year they were extremely sharp with very few penalties, so hard for me to say that this will be the norm going forward with Bubba's teams.  Guess we'll see if this trend continues the next game or two and rest of the year. 

For some context on Stig, from what I see on Wikepedia he finally made the playoffs in his 13th season and lost, and the next two seasons he went 5-6.  So his 14th and 15th years into his tenure he went 5-6 and had 0 playoff wins in those 15 years.  I'm guessing he had some stretches in those 15 years that they looked very sloppy.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Stiegelmeier

• Upvote 3

Do we think there's any chance Quincy starts seeing a bigger role? I'm not saying the offensive struggles are all on Tommy, but his inability to make anything happen if his #1 target isn't open is concerning to say the least. I'm also convinced that this offense is playing as bad as they possible can. Football 101, sell sabotaging mistakes. Regardless, UND has lost their last two games by 6 and 7 points with an offense that has scored one TD each game. Would a Quincy lead team be doing worse? It's a fair question. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

So because you found one other school that waited 15 years for a coach to get results UND should too?  

8 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Stig improved the team greatly though once SDSU went D1.   IIRC they made the playoffs by around the second year they were eligible and improved the playoff runs from there.   And more importantly they beat the Bison on a regular basis once they were D1.   So far Bubba hasn't come close to those standards.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, AJS said:

Do we think there's any chance Quincy starts seeing a bigger role? I'm not saying the offensive struggles are all on Tommy, but his inability to make anything happen if his #1 target isn't open is concerning to say the least. I'm also convinced that this offense is playing as bad as they possible can. Football 101, sell sabotaging mistakes. Regardless, UND has lost their last two games by 6 and 7 points with an offense that has scored one TD each game. Would a Quincy lead team be doing worse? It's a fair question. 

Yes.

• Upvote 2

As far as I am concerned - our backup qbs are unproven. I don’t know if we are deep at qb.  I don’t know if Quincy can pass cause I haven’t seen it. Hard to believe that Feeney is ready. Maybe?

I think we can win with Tommy. Wouldn’t mind if the coaches decided to go another way. That someone else was ready. I wouldn’t expect drastic changes in expectations either way.

34 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

and we know this how?

Do you believe the coach's would intentionally not put the best team out there and put themselves on the hot seat?
If you've been to any practices (or read Tom Miller's practice reports), Tommy gives this team the best chance of winning game in and game out.
Doesn't mean he's going to do it by himself, but none of the back-ups are going to either. But pretty fair to point out he only has 1 career FCS loss against a team outside of FCS Top 5 Ranked teams.

• Upvote 3