SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 football season

Nodak78

43 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Really good to read that so many guys had things figured out at age 19 and never had any issues. Go watch the Nick Sabin video in the other thread, guess I would agree with him about these situations.

Sometimes these kids are totally unprepared for the publicity and recognition…. Hope Otis and team can right the ship to benefit both.

A high school senior got a perfect score on his ACT last spring. He was undecided about a college/major…like most seniors. “What has happened to my life? I am getting letters for free rides from Harvard and Yale.”

Good luck to Otis and Zi hope you can work this out.

3 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Really good to read that so many guys had things figured out at age 19 and never had any issues. Go watch the Nick Sabin video in the other thread, guess I would agree with him about these situations.

This is exactly what everyone is saying too. That fact of the matter is, Otis is on his third chance now. Shouldn’t get another IMO because at that point it’s just enabling.

12 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Win this week and minds will change. Biggest game of the season on Saturday. Bison fans act like they our close game meant nothing…. 

I honestly don't see UND making the FCS playoffs this season. 

9 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I mean the chance may not be high but they are not technically eliminated yet either. I have faith in this team to not give up til the end!

They have a final matchup against SDSU, in Brookings. I am not hopeful. They really needed to be NDSU this year. 

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND is in the playoffs, currently. That is, they can’t afford a single loss.

So, to the fans, I say enjoy it. This Saturday’s Game at Missouri State is essentially a playoff game. Must win or else UND will be sitting home during the actual postseason.

This is it. Win this weekend and playoffs become plausible. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Dustin said:

What have we done thus far to prove otherwise? It has be a season of "almosts". Almost beat the Bison. Almost beat SIU on the road. Almost beat USD. Even Utah St, where we started hot.

This team has not put together a full game in the games that matter most. NDSU was definitely a full game, but between Tommy's INT and Bubba's boneheaded call, we blew it. USD was definitely not a full game effort. They didn't really show up in the SIU game until the 2nd quarter. Those are the kinds of things that need to change. That talent is there for the most part, but the team needs to play a full 4 quarters.

• Upvote 1

On 10/21/2021 at 9:49 AM, Midwestern Hawk said:

Bubba may have built his season on an unsound foundation.  So far this fall Otis has been nothing but a distraction.  Time for him to put up or shut up.

Other than the one time where Otis had to sit because of a missed meeting, what else has he done? I'm not saying that is excusable, but that is hardly being "nothing but a distraction". 

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, Goon said:

They have a final matchup against SDSU, in Brookings. I am not hopeful. They really needed to be NDSU this year. 

SDSU already lost at home to SIU and UNI. If UND actually shows up and plays a full 4 quarter game, they will absolutely have a shot to win. 1 or 2 things change at SIU and we win there. It is not automatic by any means, but certainly possible. 

Though more importantly, we have to take care of this week first. Lose here, or stumble in either of our home games, and the SDSU game is irrelevant.

Now picture this, you beat Misery St, you take care of business at home, you roll into Brookings with your season on the line on a 4 game win streak with a record of 6 - 4. Of the 4 losses (1 is FBS, 3 are by a combined total of 16 points to NDSU/SIU/USD). IF, and it is a BIG IF, UND were able to run the table and make the playoffs with wins over Misery St and SDSU, we would be extremely hot and dangerous going into the playoffs. 

That is all fun to think about, but it disappears if the boys aren't prepared for this "playoff" game. Do we get the UND team that showed up against MO St last year, or do we get the team that showed up against Nicholls St 2 years ago. Given how we played on the road against SIU, I'm optimistic about this weekend, but I also haven't watched MO St play much this year, except for a few minutes last weekend.

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

SDSU already lost at home to SIU and UNI. If UND actually shows up and plays a full 4 quarter game, they will absolutely have a shot to win. 1 or 2 things change at SIU and we win there. It is not automatic by any means, but certainly possible. 

Though more importantly, we have to take care of this week first. Lose here, or stumble in either of our home games, and the SDSU game is irrelevant.

Now picture this, you beat Misery St, you take care of business at home, you roll into Brookings with your season on the line on a 4 game win streak with a record of 6 - 4. Of the 4 losses (1 is FBS, 3 are by a combined total of 16 points to NDSU/SIU/USD). IF, and it is a BIG IF, UND were able to run the table and make the playoffs with wins over Misery St and SDSU, we would be extremely hot and dangerous going into the playoffs. 

That is all fun to think about, but it disappears if the boys aren't prepared for this "playoff" game. Do we get the UND team that showed up against MO St last year, or do we get the team that showed up against Nicholls St 2 years ago. Given how we played on the road against SIU, I'm optimistic about this weekend, but I also haven't watched MO St play much this year, except for a few minutes last weekend.

And we would get sent straight to Fargo