SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 football season

Nodak78

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

What have we done thus far

On paper, it may not seem very worthy of playoff discussion.  But, the article states: "this is how I project the field to look like on November 21st, not as how it looks today."  To me, the fact that UND is not mentioned means he doesn't see UND as a team who's progressing as the season goes on, which is a mistake, IMO.  Seems like a diss.

3 minutes ago, Dustin said:

On paper, it may not seem very worthy of playoff discussion.  But, the article states: "this is how I project the field to look like on November 21st, not as how it looks today."  To me, the fact that UND is not mentioned means he doesn't see UND as a team who's progressing as the season goes on, which is a mistake, IMO.  Seems like a diss.

Maybe, but Izzo does get his rocks off on the Bison, so whatever. That being said, before beating a bad W. Illinois team, we were on a 3 game losing streak, so I would probably save the ""progressing" for after this weekend, or even the next. 

The 3 game losing streak can be broken down, and 2 of those games were pretty darn good, but they are still losses. If we had made plays to find a way to win either the NDSU or SIU game it might be a different conversation, but 3 close losses in a row in almost going to cement some peoples thoughts that this is a team that can't quite find a way to get over that hump. I don't personally think that, I think this team can still find a way into the playoffs, but not everyone is going to see it that way.

54 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I'd rather go to Fargo then not go anywhere. I get its the Bison at home, but they are still beatable. They could easily be a 2 loss team right now.

We need to beat the Bison.  We can't beat them unless we play them.  Bottom line I would prefer to get sent to Fargo.  Obviously it wouldn't happen in first round, but sure why not play them in the 2nd round.

2 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Other than the one time where Otis had to sit because of a missed meeting, what else has he done? I'm not saying that is excusable, but that is hardly being "nothing but a distraction". 

He has not played in two games this season.  If you believe it was because he was sick, I have a bridge I would like to sell you.  He had a great game vs WIU, thankful to see it.  Hopefully he stays focused on priorities.

49 minutes ago, Big Green said:

We need to beat the Bison.  We can't beat them unless we play them.  Bottom line I would prefer to get sent to Fargo.  Obviously it wouldn't happen in first round, but sure why not play them in the 2nd round.

We do and we should have. All I meant it, I don't care where we go ... I want to be in the playoffs. That part is still in our control; where we go after that is not up to us; though we could get a first round at home with the right bid of course.

That being said, playoffs only happen if we take care of business this weekend and then refocus for the next weekend. Even with a win, this team should never get too high, unless they win the next 4 ... then you can celebrate a bit.

55 minutes ago, zonadub said:

Izzy isn’t the only one… UND received less votes in this week’s coach’ poll than last week.

Pounding a bad W. Illinois team isn't going to raise a lot of eyebrows. NDSU or SIU would have done that. 

Take care of business against Misery St and some people may start to take notice. At this point in the season, and after a 3 game losing streak, we need to string together some wins before people consider UND as being competitive. Win this weekend, and get some convincing wins at home, then you roll into Brookings on a high note.

As @Mama Sue said .... Lets just beat MO this weekend!

3 hours ago, UND Football Fan said:

I agree focus on the now! Missouri State and the rest of the season. Some people are making Otis being at a high school game being as bad as getting a minor or DUI. 

Bozzoville, Fargo Media, & local trolls made it an issue, and of course our troll loving posters and moderators slurped it up.

19 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Yes, I already heard about your bridge; it was very creative. Do you have anything to support your theory, or do you think every kid that is sick is a distraction? Maybe he had the flu earlier in the week and was working back to his strength. Maybe he tested positive for covid and was unable to practice. Maybe it was something else. Really none of anyone's business. right?

I'm not saying you are necessarily wrong; could it have been something else? sure. But why accuse him of something, and Bubba of lying, with nothing to base it on? Regardless, it probably worked out for the best, Smith, turned out to have a monster day, and the team played really well.

I would agree that I hope he stays focused. The kid was given a golden opportunity to stay on the team, and he put in a lot of work to stay on the team. Hopefully he maintains the path.

I have my opinions on the QB situation and I make it clear it is my opinion.   Hopefully Otis can be a difference maker for us and we can win out.  

On 10/28/2021 at 10:20 AM, Dustin said:

We won 1 game against wiu. They can diss away and be justified. 

1 minute ago, Dustin said:

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I disagree. I think we will be great next year. We are so close this year, and have nearly everyone back.

This isn’t a wrong outlook. Definitely potential for UND to be good in 2022. Another reason this coaching staff is likely retained in full.

• Upvote 1