SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

2 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

No doubt he’s ready. He was by far the best player in Fargo last weekend. The things he does at his young age us amazing and he’s only going to get better. If he returns he alone is worth the price of admission 

Really kind of amazed me that he didn't take it in an score in one of the OTs. He legs looked fresher than most, the kid has some moves, and the other team was just so tired. It just wasn't our night to win.

3 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Really kind of amazed me that he didn't take it in an score in one of the OTs. He legs looked fresher than most, the kid has some moves, and the other team was just so tired. It just wasn't our night to win.

Could not agree more. When he had the puck on his stick I was on the edge of my seat 

At no time during the whole OT was I ever worried when UMD had the puck. UND clearly was the better team throughout the OTs. We should have buried that game multiple times. But alas it wasn’t meant to be. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, crb1 said:

At no time during the whole OT was I ever worried when UMD had the puck. UND clearly was the better team throughout the OTs. We should have buried that game multiple times. But alas it wasn’t meant to be. 

I worry every time a team has the puck in our end in overtime.  Have seen way too many times what kind of goal wins those games.   We were absolutely dominating Boston University the whole game and lost that one as well.  

4 minutes ago, tnt said:

I worry every time a team has the puck in our end in overtime.  Have seen way too many times what kind of goal wins those games.   We were absolutely dominating B****n U********y the whole game and lost that one as well.  

Edited your post for profanity.

1 hour ago, crb1 said:

Agreed, UND did a really nice job of controlling play. If something seemed like it wouldn't work, we would maintain puck control take it back into our zone and reorganize.

I really felt like the only points of the game we didn't control were a portion of the second and the beginning of the 3rd.

5 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Could not agree more. When he had the puck on his stick I was on the edge of my seat 

I agree, his puck handling and skating were a thing to behold.  I did over the course of the season, and I didn't search out the answer, but his end to end skating exhibitions: how often did that get in the net, either by him or another?  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Kierstad (FLA) and JBD (OTT) have both officially signed. 

Based on the last game's chart, Frisch and Sanderson just became the top pair. 

As much as I hate losing Kiers and JBD, any team in the country would be absolutely stoked to have those two as their top pairing. As should we.

• Upvote 1

Possible 2021 d pairings....

Sanderson-Kleven

Frisch-Morrow

Moore-Bast

Benoit and Johnson listed as coming in the following year, so it seems as though we may be a bit thin on defense at the moment.  If everything stays where its at with no surprises we should have a great nucleus of Scheel, Sanderson, Kleven, Frisch, and Morrow logging some big time minutes.    

36 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Benoit and Johnson listed as coming in the following year, so it seems as though we may be a bit thin on defense at the moment. 

If you believe UND will run an opening day roster with just 6D ... 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Possible 2021 d pairings....

Sanderson-Kleven

Frisch-Morrow

Moore-Bast

Benoit and Johnson listed as coming in the following year, so it seems as though we may be a bit thin on defense at the moment.  If everything stays where its at with no surprises we should have a great nucleus of Scheel, Sanderson, Kleven, Frisch, and Morrow logging some big time minutes.    

I feel like we could pick up a walk on/Rieger type d-man for depth.

Everything I’ve seen has Benoit in Tri City next year. I do think Johnson will be here. 

36 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

IMO, the key to making a run at #9 next year is Scheel, Pinto, and Sanderson all returning.  We would then start the season with the leagues best goalie, best forward, and best defenseman. 

Agreed.  That trio would be a massive start to a good year next season.

29 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Gotta pick up at least two IMHO. 

That portal has got to have some nice junior/senior dmen that Berry could have his pick of.

49 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Pinto isn't a Toews talent. More of a Oshie talent. A 3rd year at UND would not have hurt him. Nonetheless Pinto will be a decade plus NHLer.

Reminds me of Brock Nelson in that way. I thought Brock leaving after his soph year was too early. But they have a lot of the same traits, so maybe Pinto becomes a mainstay in a Sens rebuild.

4 hours ago, rochsioux said:

IMO, the key to making a run at #9 next year is Scheel, Pinto, and Sanderson all returning.  We would then start the season with the leagues best goalie, best forward, and best defenseman. 

Well never mind. 
2 of the 3 already gone just a couple hours later. 
The key to next season will be just making it to the NCAAs. Then anything can happen. 
Gonna have to replace a lot of talented players first.