SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

4 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

He was the one forward I thought might be a target. It was the 60% on faceoffs that got my attention 

Welcome aboard, Ford!

Ford was BGSU's best faceoff guy by far, like Pinto for UND. It will be interesting to see how Ford fares in the NCHC. 

Ford: 354-227 (581 total) 60.9%

Pinto 388-239 (627 total) 61.9%

Connor Ford highlights:

• 2020-2021 All WCHA First Team
  • 2019-2020 All WCHA Third Team
  • Lead WCHA in Goals Last Season (16) / Tied 5th in the country
  • Won 60% Draws
  • Team Captain Last Season

Of all those, one of the things I like the most was that he was his teams Captain last year. 

Still hard for me to really comprehend the impact someone like Connor has on the expectations for next year. It was the same thing with Michaud. You're getting a Veteran, Top 6 guy that you plug in. A proven commodity. 

1 minute ago, AJS said:

Connor Ford highlights:

• 2020-2021 All WCHA First Team
  • 2019-2020 All WCHA Third Team
  • Lead WCHA in Goals Last Season (16) / Tied 5th in the country
  • Won 60% Draws
  • Team Captain Last Season

Of all those, one of the things I like the most was that he was his teams Captain last year. 

Still hard for me to really comprehend the impact someone like Connor has on the expectations for next year. It was the same thing with Michaud. You're getting a Veteran, Top 6 guy that you plug in. A proven commodity. 

Given what we lost and what’s coming in. This is a solid get. Need a goalie, D and probably one more F 

5 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

Speaking of needing another forward, the longer that Cruikshank goes without confirming his transfer to BC, the more likely it seems to me he's going elsewhere.

Agreed. Two separate false alarms a week apart. It would almost feel weird to me if he ended up there.

Is the general consensus that UND would be looking at more than one Forward in the Transfer portal? I wouldn't think so. 

1 minute ago, AJS said:

Agreed. Two separate false alarms a week apart. It would almost feel weird to me if he ended up there.

Is the general consensus that UND would be looking at more than one Forward in the Transfer portal? I wouldn't think so. 

If you can get Cruikshank, you take him.

• Upvote 4

UND needs five forwards. 

Portz and Schmaltz seem more than likely based on DOB; Montgomery seems probable. 

If Ford is true, yes, a fifth (Cruikshank or recruit) is needed, and five would be needed again a year from now. 

4 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

If you can get Cruikshank, you take him.

Couldn't agree more. There are certain players that you change plans for, he's one of the few in the Portal (Ford is one of the others). 

10 minutes ago, AJS said:

I don’t think we necessarily need to grab another forward. Doesn’t mean we won’t if the right one is there. 

I think we need to grab a D, and a goalie and that should be the next priority. 

1 hour ago, 90siouxfan said:

Ford - Pinto - xxxx     great one, but the 3rd forward....    Impact?   Recall?  Edsel?    Fire?  Boom?

I can't find a UND forward with a name that would complete the Ford - Pinto - xxxx line. If we can put a defenseman on this forward line, then Ben Blood might fit.

The Ford + Pinto = Blood line.

17 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

I can't find a UND forward with a name that would complete the Ford - Pinto - xxxx line. If we can put a defenseman on this forward line, then Ben Blood might fit.

The Ford + Pinto = Blood line.

Pony Malone?

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

UND needs five forwards. 

Portz and Schmaltz seem more than likely based on DOB; Montgomery seems probable. 

If Ford is true, yes, a fifth (Cruikshank or recruit) is needed, and five would be needed again a year from now. 

Montgomery is not coming in next year.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, ChadR said:

Montgomery is not coming in next year.

Yes, I would guess Portz & Schmaltz for sure, and then maybe 1-2 of Costantini/Kunz/Bowen.  If two of those three don't mind delaying with the addition of Ford and maybe one more portal forward (Cruikshank?), that would be the five incoming forwards.

8 minutes ago, crb1 said:

If I heard this right, Cruikshank has two years of eligibility left too. 

Yes he was only a junior this year.  So Ford we would get for one year, while Cruikshank still has his senior year and the "extra" year left for eligibility.

3 hours ago, AJS said:

That is a weird situation, not sure what to make of it. I am surprised after playing in the NCHC, he would want to go to hockey East. IMO just not a better conference but to each is own I guess. I was really hoping UND would land him though. Would really bolster our lineup. 

39 minutes ago, crb1 said:

That is a weird situation, not sure what to make of it. I am surprised after playing in the NCHC, he would want to go to hockey East. IMO just not a better conference but to each is own I guess. I was really hoping UND would land him though. Would really bolster our lineup. 

Honestly for a young man living in Boston would be a step up.