SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

57 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

20210328_105512.thumb.jpg.7cb067982d793dc70835cf36e06d17cb.jpg

Thankfully the sun came up today UND hockey fans!  My little boy proudly put on his Sioux beanie this morning and said we still love our team!!!  Let's go to the park dad!!!

God bless you all!  God bless UND hockey!!!:)

At the end of the day, this is what it’s all about. Family!!

• Like 1

Preliminary thoughts:

• Seniors: I hope like last year, it's decided they will all be moving on. Not that there aren't some you wouldn't want to return of course, but the one's that would probably take them up on the offer are ones I'm fine moving on from. It's easier / cleaner just to cut the cord with all.
  • Early Departures:
    • Two: That's what I feel is about the best case scenario. If they can get away with JBD / Pinto being the only two, they should still be in the mix.
    • It's critical: Sanderson, Scheel, Weatherby return. With the large Senior class, plus most likely a few others turning pro, UND needs to stop the bleeding and return those core members. 
  • Additions:
    • This is the first time in a long time I really don't have a firm grip on who will come in. A lot of Forwards putting up Ok / Good numbers. BCHL not playing. It's just hard to get a read. 
    • Transfers: Michaud was a homerun. Is there a Top 6 guy out their (i.e. Cruikshank) that could change expectations going into next year?

Always a little nerve wracking after the season ends and wait on players to decide. Each player individually is so important to the outlook the next year. Also, we've seen it over the years, you never know, each player is so different. There could always be surprises.

I'll wait on expectations for next year until we get a more clear view of what the roster will look like. 

1 minute ago, Sweethockey said:

I pray that Pinto will stay for one more year.

You better pray really hard, I would imagine he'll be signed by the Senators soon. He's got the skills that Ottawa is dying to get into their organization. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Someone got Tyson Jost’s number? Let him chat with a few of the lads. 

Zach Parise is another who would tell them the same which caused a ripple effect and Bochenski left over the summer....Both were in the AHL the next season and both probably would have come back if they had to do it again....Parise said as much and I feel Bochenski left because Zach did.

15 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Zach Parise is another who would tell them the same which caused a ripple effect and Bochenski left over the summer....Both were in the AHL the next season and both probably would have come back if they had to do it again....Parise said as much and I feel Bochenski left because Zach did.

How would this group of forwards have looked in 2004-05? Parise and Bochenski would have finished 1-2 in the Hobey

Parise

Bochenski

Genoway

Zajac

Stafford

Murray

Spirko

Porter

McMahon

Massen

Prpich

Fabian

Fylling

Canady

Kaip

14 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I thought I read that mr mayor may have been academically ineligible. 

3 hours ago, TheFlop said:

This was the year to make hay.  Denver having a down year and Duluth being a relatively young team (and limited number of games against Duluth and St Cloud) made the last to the Final 16 a little easier than most years.  Duluth loses less than UND this off-season.  Berry has to figure out a way to get through them at some point. 

Why are you talking like we are a marginal program that is not capable of reloading? Cripes, you are talking like we will finish at the bottom of the league next year. Things aren't THAT bad.

13 hours ago, TheFlop said:

I think the seniors all leave.  Thank you Bast but I want to see more Kleven, Moore, Frisch, etc.  It's their turn.  Sanderson could be playing for Ottawa as soon as he passes quarantine if he wants. 

If things go the way I expect, Frisch will be the “old guy” on defense in the fall. 

Frisch will be ‘Colton Poolman 2.0’ and Sanderson and Kleven will be his versions of Kierstad and JBD (but only better).

Mr Moore needs to improve on his side of the blue line. If he does that top four is pretty good. ;) 

6 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

I say our top defensive pair next year is Sanderson and Kleven, Frisch still scares me for some reason when he has the puck 

Frisch made one terrible mistake and had probably a hundred other efficient plays last night. As I saw it. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

I say our top defensive pair next year is Sanderson and Kleven, Frisch still scares me for some reason when he has the puck 

Frisch looks to the safe play/pass first. He’s defense first minded. That’s why he was paired with Sanderson: it let 26 go offensive knowing 15 had the blue line. And the make a L/R combo.

Then add in you need Kleven as the reliable LH defender on the second pair. 

1 hour ago, petey23 said:

Zach Parise was only in the AHL because of the lockout.  If I recall correctly it was more financially lucrative for him to leave when he did because the belief was that the new bargaining deal wouldn't have been as beneficial to rookies. 

• Upvote 2