SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

12 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Riley Tufte and Dylan Samberg are the only blue chips UMD has landed recently and they are both busts. They should not be ranked second.

Calling Samberg a bust is a bit silly. He’s still tracking to be a top 4 D. 

Pionk, Iafallo, Jackson Cates, Richards, and Kuhlman are a few names that come to mind as recent undrafted Bulldogs to play in the NHL.

3 hours ago, Berrybro7 said:

Calling Samberg a bust is a bit silly. He’s still tracking to be a top 4 D. 

Pionk, Iafallo, Jackson Cates, Richards, and Kuhlman are a few names that come to mind as recent undrafted Bulldogs to play in the NHL.

Samberg was always a weak link/liability whenver I watched him, which is admittedly not a full body of work. Sounds like he's on the Forbort path then, size eventually comes around.

1 hour ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Hopefully Cooper Moore.    If he reaches his potential we'll have a really solid top 4.  

I think we're all going to fall in love with Brent Johnson and I expect him to be in the top four. With that said, Moore is definitely talented. Needs to stay at home a bit more, but he's super gifted offensively and we all saw that in flashes last year.

7 hours ago, brianvf said:

Using the new NCAA waiver for exhibition games, UND will now play Bemidji on Oct 2 instead of Manitoba.

The team will be getting loads of Beaver the first month of the year.  Who am I kidding, its a pretty consistent thing for the hockey guys all season long.  Even the years we don't play Bemidji. 

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

The team will be getting loads of Beaver the first month of the year.  Who am I kidding, its a pretty consistent thing for the hockey guys all season long.  Even the years we don't play Bemidji. 

Shouldn’t you have posted that in ‘Where to eat in Grand Forks?’

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, brianvf said:

Using the new NCAA waiver for exhibition games, UND will now play Bemidji on Oct 2 instead of Manitoba.

I think a huge opportunity was wasted to promote and give exposure to some in state collegiate hockey programs...

i.e. Minot State, UMary, Jamestown, Williston, ......Bottineau even?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I think a huge opportunity was wasted to promote and give exposure to some in state collegiate hockey programs...

i.e. Minot State, UMary, Jamestown, Williston, ......Bottineau even?

They could have chosen to throttle the NDSU club team if they wanted. 

20 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Guessing Manitoba was going to have a tough time crossing the border?

Honestly, I just hope the border opens up before March Madness so I can catch some greenback in Lake Winnipeg. 

The United States has continued to extend the extraordinary restrictions on Canada and Mexico on a monthly basis since March 2020, when they were imposed to address the spread of COVID-19. Reuters reported this week the extension was expected. (Link

A while back the Herald said that they were adding 9 flights to Nashville out of Grand Forks between Allegiant and Delta.   Did all of those flights fill up, or were they adding them as needed.  I noticed when looking last night, there was nothing on Allegiant.   Anyone have any  suggestions?