SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 hour ago, keikla said:

I REALLY hope proves to be true.  It looks likely based on the environmental studies, but we don't know until we know.  IIRC, H1N1 petered out in June.  That would (hopefully) give us five months to figure out what to do in case this becomes seasonal.

It also lends credence to Redfield’s comments that a second wave in the fall/winter could be even more challenging, considering we'll receive the full blunt of the season.. 

But yes, a seasonal lull (hopefully) will give us time to prepare, trace, test and get our all around **** together.   

12 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Since the second wave could be much worse than the first according to the experts, I assume there be no way we can have any school or sports going on this fall.

Again per the CDC 28 coronavirus deaths nationwide 24 years of age and younger thru April 18.............so no there won't be school or sports this fall. Higher risk of death by choking on a grape or hot dog.

There will be exponentially more deaths in that age bracket from suicides, alcohol and drugs moving forward. 

10 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Since the second wave could be much worse than the first according to the experts, I assume there be no way we can have any open schools or sports going on this fall.

Depends on our level of preparation.     

33 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Depends on our level of preparation.     

With the flu and corona at the same time, we'll need to flatten the curve regardless of the level of preparedness. 

We can save so many lives by doing this all again next fall.

Big sporting events will be unthinkable.

And if anyone doesnt get the flu vaccine next fall they will have blood on their hands for contributing to grandmas death.

As Redfield puts it, getting a flu vaccination this year "may allow there to be a hospital bed available for your mother or grandmother that may get coronavirus."

https://www.livescience.com/covid-19-second-wave-flu-season.html

37 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Who knew global warming and destroying the ozone would spare mankind from a pandemic. 

Believe me, that is the next big thing that will be touted out of this.  We have already heard that the environment is that much cleaner because everybody is inside.  No doubt someone will see that as an opportunity to restrict travel in the future, even with a devastated economy.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Cratter said:

With the flu and corona at the same time, we'll need to flatten the curve regardless of the level of preparedness. 

We can save so many lives by doing this all again next fall.

Big sporting events will be unthinkable.

And if anyone doesnt get the flu vaccine next fall they will have blood on their hands for contributing to grandmas death.

https://www.livescience.com/covid-19-second-wave-flu-season.html

The course of action taken to ‘flatten the curve’ is largely predicated on prior preparedness.   Had testing and tracing been widely available and continuously implemented from the get-go, I suspect the methods of flattening the curve would be different in many parts of this country.     

With that in mind, hopefully we reach a point whereby schools can open with regular and continual testing of kids.

Agreed on big sporting events.  Without a cure, I can’t envision mass gatherings.  But I see no reason sporting leagues couldn't continue without fans in attendance.   Soccer is already opening in Germany that way.  

Just my opinion of course.

Some additional good news, Italy's recovered patient count has finally passed the amount of new cases. They have been in a strict lock down since March 9th. They plan to open manufacturing and some other industries May 4th, while restaurants and other venues will be assessed Mid May.
https://www.newsweek.com/coronavirus-latest-update-italy-daily-recoveries-pass-new-cases-1499948

An interview with Alex Berenson.  

Alex Berenson: I don't know why that is. There are very good epidemiologists now speaking out. On the other side, most notably a Swedish epidemiologist who ran Sweden's public health department for a number of years and thinks the lockdowns are a huge mistake. He actually gave a very good interview a couple of days ago where he...talked about this in detail.....When people take a public position that causes massive, massive, massive economic and societal disruption, it's going to be hard to get them to acknowledge that position was wrong or even that even that it can be changed right now in the light of new data.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/brit-humes-interview-with-ex-nyt-reporter-alex-berenson-read-the-transcript

32 minutes ago, keikla said:

Just a friendly reminder to not ingest or inject the following: disinfectants such as bleach, lysol, rubbing alcohol.  Also UV lights.

At some point we need to remove all the warning labels and allow the social Darwinism to work ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

Ask yourself this: if we didn't have social media or a fully developed internet would we even be doing any of this right now?  

no...i keep asking people if the media would've done this exact same thing (woldometer, scare tactics, bad formulas) for the 2018 common flu (or 2017 not sure which was "worse") could they have scared people into locking themselves up for two months?  

54 minutes ago, keikla said:

Just a friendly reminder to not ingest or inject the following: disinfectants such as bleach, lysol, rubbing alcohol.  Also UV lights.

I’ve been sticking to a steady diet of fish tank cleaner, so I don’t feel the need to try these new unproven remedies. 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Berenson is one of the few "national media" who aren't completely accepting everything that is being implemented.  The rest of the blue checkmark sheep just parrot each other every day.  Including sports writers who apparently are 99.9999% left-leaning.  

Which is how we have arrived where we are today - peer-pressure and paranoia frenzy via the power of the pen.  Try to present a contrarian view and you are attacked by the blue checkmark loser brigade.  

This is the type of comment that can get a guy a beer bought for him. Truth.

• Like 1

The remarks trump made were stupid but any normal person would know not to do that

uv lights are in use on ceilings in buildings with updraft fans and do kill virus from  what I understand, not aimed at people

is it the UV light that is used for SAD?  Seasonal affective disorder

It amazes me how obtuse people are.  An analogy...hmmmm, let’s take it literally.  

If UV light kills it on surfaces, maybe it can be directed into the body like radiation for cancer treatment...and if disinfectant kills it on surfaces, is there a tolerable human version akin to some chemotherapy....turn the docs loose...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

It amazes me how obtuse people are.  An analogy...hmmmm, let’s take it literally.  

If UV light kills it on surfaces, maybe it can be directed into the body like radiation for cancer treatment...and if disinfectant kills it on surfaces, is there a tolerable human version akin to some chemotherapy....turn the docs loose...

On one hand, it is amazing that people would be dumb enough to actually inject disinfectants of any sort into themselves and need to be told not to do it. On the other hand, it is equally amazing the President would literally ponder a comment like that outloud during a press briefing and suggest it is something the medical community might want to look into: "I see that the disinfectant knocks it out in a minute, is there a way we can do something like that, an injection inside, almost a cleaning, because you see it gets inside the lungs, and it does a tremendous number of… are you going to test that … you're going to have to use medical doctors, but it sounds interesting."

• Upvote 1