SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

25 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

You don’t move the dial without throwing out ideas.  He wasn’t suggesting you literally inject disinfectant.  It’s an analog.  Do anti-clotting meds work kind of like liquid plumber...well yes...that doesn’t mean inject your aorta with liquid plumber.

The masses have clearly never tried to advance the ball in opacity.  It’s not easy, and is iterative....

I can just imagine the first time someone suggested using radiation to treat cancer...this idiot wants to use the same stuff that comes from an atomic bomb on people???!  Well, kinda, yeah, gotta Titrate  itvand tweak it...

Based on watching him at the podium it was clear to me that he was being literal.  If you watch BIrx when he was talking you can see that she was mortified and thought so too. 

I don't believe he thinks through a lot of what he says but he starts riffing and can't stop himself from going off on wild tangents.  

Last night the WH claimed that he didn't say it.  Today it is that he was being sarcastic. You are saying that he wasn't literal. 

2 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Based on watching him at the podium it was clear to me that he was being literal.  If you watch BIrx when he was talking you can see that she was mortified and thought so too. 

I don't believe he thinks through a lot of what he says but he starts riffing and can't stop himself from going off on wild tangents.  

Last night the WH claimed that he didn't say it.  Today it is that he was being sarcastic. You are saying that he wasn't literal. 

which is why his rallies had sold out arenas and hillary had to have jay z open for her (then they all left)

12 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

"liberation protesting"...please explain

Could we start with the two gun slingers pictured in this article?

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/04/coronavirus-protests/610363/

Or maybe the 150 people in Bismarck earlier this week seen standing shoulder to shoulder, shaking hands, and talking into loudspeakers into 40 mile per hour winds? Maybe it was too windy for them to hear this but the president never asked them to liberate North Dakota.

Edited by Redneksioux

6 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Could we start with the two gun slingers pictured in this article?

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/04/coronavirus-protests/610363/

Or maybe the 150 people in Bismarck earlier this week seen standing shoulder to shoulder, shaking hands, and talking into loudspeakers into 40 mile per hour winds? Didn't they hear, the president never asked them to liberate North Dakota.

gun slingers...nice.

47 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

You don’t move the dial without throwing out ideas.  He wasn’t suggesting you literally inject disinfectant.  It’s an analog.  Do anti-clotting meds work kind of like liquid plumber...well yes...that doesn’t mean inject your aorta with liquid plumber.

The masses have clearly never tried to advance the ball in opacity.  It’s not easy, and is iterative....

I can just imagine the first time someone suggested using radiation to treat cancer...this idiot wants to use the same stuff that comes from an atomic bomb on people???!  Well, kinda, yeah, gotta Titrate  itvand tweak it...

Well, now he's come out admitted he said it but he was being sarcastic. His words were literally "I see that the disinfectant knocks it out in a minute, is there a way we can do something like that, an injection inside,". 

And I would think there is a difference between advancing out of the box ideas vs. pondering such things as the President in a national press briefing. As was mentioned previously, Birx looked horrified at where his random train of thought was going.

I would also say that the media played it up much worse than it was but I'm not sure who's worse....Trump not being able to admit when he's wrong or has made a mistake or the other side, including many media members, who criticizes every single breath he takes even when he does the right thing. Absolutely maddening.

35 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Well, now he's come out admitted he said it but he was being sarcastic. His words were literally "I see that the disinfectant knocks it out in a minute, is there a way we can do something like that, an injection inside,". 

And I would think there is a difference between advancing out of the box ideas vs. pondering such things as the President in a national press briefing. As was mentioned previously, Birx looked horrified at where his random train of thought was going.

I would also say that the media played it up much worse than it was but I'm not sure who's worse....Trump not being able to admit when he's wrong or has made a mistake or the other side, including many media members, who criticizes every single breath he takes even when he does the right thing. Absolutely maddening.

“something like that” ....  the three key words in your quote everyone who hates the President is suddenly incapable of comprehending.  

• Upvote 1

Just got an email from GF Schools.....apparently some elementary parents complained that 3-4 hours a day....M-F.....with basically 1 math and reading assignment per day was too much.....so cutting back online learning to M-Thur with even fewer Math and Reading assignments.  Unbelievable. 

Might as well totally shut down instead of keeping up the illusion that any learning is occuring. 

Just now, TheFlop said:

Just got an email from GF Schools.....apparently some elementary parents complained that 3-4 hours a day....M-F.....with basically 1 math and reading assignment per day was too much.....so cutting back online learning to M-Thur with even fewer Math and Reading assignments.  Unbelievable. 

Who's shocked by that? Same parents that would prefer to claim unemployment and have lockdown go until their kids graduate HS.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

“something like that” ....  the three key words in your quote everyone who hates the President is suddenly incapable of comprehending.  

So something like what then? Please clear it up since the White House and President haven't decided which actual defense they are going with.

First he was taken out of context and now he claims he was being sarcastic. I literally don't have an issue with what he said. He was clearly just rambling about info he had recently gotten and was thinking outloud and took it a bit far. But the fact that he can't just admit that and the people who defend him to no end is as laughable as the media that covers him is.

4 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

I’m inclined to think Trump is dealing with some condition.   At times he’s sharp as a razor; other times he has difficulty grasping and articulating basic concepts.

This from 2 weeks ago was flat out ridiculous.

Kt's called being a successful entrepreneur .

5 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

So something like what then? Please clear it up since the White House and President haven't decided which actual defense they are going with.

First he was taken out of context and now he claims he was being sarcastic. I literally don't have an issue with what he said. He was clearly just rambling about info he had recently gotten and was thinking outloud and took it a bit far. But the fact that he can't just admit that and the people who defend him to no end is as laughable as the media that covers him is.

Yeah...I’m disappointed in the spin now...nothing wrong with the original statement, but now spinning it as sarcasm is just weak.  

country is so divided politically.  It’s beyond unification.  

9 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

I’m inclined to think Trump is dealing with some condition.   At times he’s sharp as a razor; other times he has difficulty grasping and articulating basic concepts.

This from 2 weeks ago was flat out ridiculous.

Again, I would think he’s musing about antibiotic resistant bacterial mutations...which are real (MRSA)...it’s just not communicated well.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Just a FYI for you....Pennsylvania DOH just removed 200 "probable" COVID deaths from it's total.

Sorry for your loss.

2 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

Again, I would think he’s musing about antibiotic resistant bacterial mutations...which are real (MRSA)...it’s just not communicated well.

Yes I think that's evident.        

As with his disinfectant remark, any intelligent person should be able to grasp what he's saying; or at least the gist of it.  However his middle-school level prose, arrogance and his sometimes disconnected train of thought opens him up to criticism.  Even if you agree with his politics, people also have the right to expect more professionalism from the President.  But whatever, maybe 'keeping things dumb' is an attractive feature for some in today's reality TV show era.   

But all this highlights my main point........in old interviews of Trump (80s/90/00), he's far more articulate, insightful and coherent.        

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Yes I think that's evident.        

As with his disinfectant remark, any intelligent person should be able to grasp what he's saying; or at least the gist of it.  However his middle-school level prose, arrogance and his sometimes disconnected train of thought opens him up to criticism.  Even if you agree with his politics, people also have the right to expect more professionalism from the President.  But I dunno, maybe that's an attractive feature for some in today's reality TV show era.   

But all this highlights my main point........in old interviews of Trump (80s/90/00), he's far more articulate, insightful and coherent.        

He is always counter punching the liberal, lying media and rightfully so.  I wish he didn't have to but very few reporters or news organizations gather news.  They generally opine.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

He is always counter punching the liberal, lying media and rightfully so.  I wish he didn't have to but very few reporters or news organizations gather news.  They generally opine.

Wait, what?  What does Trump's incoherence or disconnected train of thought (compared to his former self) have to do with counter-punching the liberal media?   Absolutely nothing.  

My goodness.  The 'liberal lying media'  has become people's automatic go-to response for everything.  It's ingrained at this point.  I suppose perpetually playing the victim card is a good political ploy by Trump, but I'd *hope* people have the insight to see through it.   Getting torn to pieces by the media is part of the job.  Always has been.  Obama was likewise eviscerated by right wing outlets and pundits.   

Anyhow this topic has gone far beyond covid-19 into unneeded political bickering.   I'm out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Just a FYI for you....Pennsylvania DOH just removed 200 "probable" COVID deaths from it's total.

Sorry for your loss.

Not sure where your think my stance and beliefs sit but this changes me opinion zero in either way. But I'm sure there are those on both sides who have their opinions on how those people's death cause being changed will be politicized.

But congrats on them being able to be removed from the numerator I guess? I'm told a number of around 0.3% is an insignificant amount so it shouldn't matter