SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

29 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Wait, what?  What does Trump's incoherence or disconnected train of thought (compared to his former self) have to do with counter-punching the liberal media?   Absolutely nothing.  

My goodness.  The 'liberal lying media'  has become people's automatic go-to response for everything.  It's ingrained at this point.  I suppose perpetually playing the victim card is a good political ploy by Trump, but I'd *hope* people have the insight to see through it.   Getting torn to pieces by the media is part of the job.  Always has been.  Obama was likewise eviscerated by right wing outlets and pundits.   

Anyhow this topic has gone far beyond covid-19 into unneeded political bickering.   I'm out.

Bye

3 hours ago, jdub27 said:

So something like what then? Please clear it up since the White House and President haven't decided which actual defense they are going with.

First he was taken out of context and now he claims he was being sarcastic. I literally don't have an issue with what he said. He was clearly just rambling about info he had recently gotten and was thinking outloud and took it a bit far. But the fact that he can't just admit that and the people who defend him to no end is as laughable as the media that covers him is.

Something like, let it go.  

Not you personally- just my thoughts on people once again making a mountain out of a molehill.   

38 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Something like, let it go.  

Not you personally- just my thoughts on people once again making a mountain out of a molehill.   

So was the comment out of context or was it said sarcastically? Or it should be ignored like your infer. So many messages on how to take an exact quote from the president. It's ok to criticize people for making mistakes and also approving of proper decisions. People on both sides would be better off accepting that idea. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

So was the comment out of context or was it said sarcastically? Or it should be ignored like your infer. So many messages on how to take an exact quote from the president. It's ok to criticize people for making mistakes and also approving of proper decisions. People on both sides would be better off accepting that idea. 

I guess put me in the category of I don’t know/care.  It was off the cuff and anyone who has paid attention the last 3.5 years knows his style. 

16 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I guess put me in the category of I don’t know/care.  It was off the cuff and anyone who has paid attention the last 3.5 years knows his style. 

I guess I expect a bit more from the President during an official press conference. Maybe better spots to spitball possible random medical solutions but just my opinion. People are stupid and listen to random things the President says (regardless of party). Call it Darwinism and people will do what they do, but understand the power of the pulpit. 

32 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Its something he does on a regular basis.  Hes given some new information, he then starts thinking to himself out loud and rambles. Its not a good look. Of course he cant admit it but then again the anti Trumpers blow it out of proportion on everything he does and says.  Then again if he would just STFU at times he wouldnt have as many issues.

3 hours ago, bison73 said:

Its something he does on a regular basis.  Hes given some new information, he then starts thinking to himself out loud and rambles. Its not a good look. Of course he cant admit it but then again the anti Trumpers blow it out of proportion on everything he does and says.  Then again if he would just STFU at times he wouldnt have as many issues.

The phrase "holding someone accountable" is now synonymous "blowing it out of proportion". It sets a dangerous, dangerous precedent. Without allowing and accepting criticism this democratic constitutional republic would quickly become a dictatorship. Praise someone when they do something good, recognize when they do something bad, and move on.

1 hour ago, dynato said:

The phrase "holding someone accountable" is now synonymous "blowing it out of proportion". It sets a dangerous, dangerous precedent. Without allowing and accepting criticism this democracy would quickly become a dictatorship. Praise someone when they do something good, recognize when they do something bad, and move on.

Holding him accountable for what? You are acting as though he committed an aggrevous crime. You and everyone can criticize all you want. Nobody is stopping you. But criticism should be proportional. When its not its blown out of proportion.

2 hours ago, dynato said:

The phrase "holding someone accountable" is now synonymous "blowing it out of proportion". It sets a dangerous, dangerous precedent. Without allowing and accepting criticism this democracy would quickly become a dictatorship. Praise someone when they do something good, recognize when they do something bad, and move on.

Aren’t we a constitutional republic?  Just saying....a democracy is majority rules....I think a couple Pretty smart guys named Franklin, Jefferson, Adams...had very intelligent (and not always aligned) beliefs around preventing full blown democracy...

as a ND native living in CA I’ve had many opportunities to debate and remind people of why there are 2 houses of Congress and why there’s an electoral college...it wasn’t by accident...

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Holding him accountable for what? You are acting as though he committed an aggrevous crime. You and everyone can criticize all you want. Nobody is stopping you. But criticism should be proportional. When its not its blown out of proportion.

Do not take it to the extreme and sensationalize what I said, that only deepens the mess. I didn't even reference Trump in my message. I was only speaking on the basics of checks and balances.

Please define what proportional criticism is and how it relates. I am very open for any positive news or positive criticism to balance this negative criticism and defensiveness out. 

11 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Aren’t we a constitutional republic?  Just saying....a democracy is majority rules....I think a couple Pretty smart guys named Franklin, Jefferson, Adams...had very intelligent (and not always aligned) beliefs around preventing full blown democracy...

as a ND native living in CA I’ve had many opportunities to debate and remind people of why there are 2 houses of Congress and why there’s an electoral college...it wasn’t by accident...

You are right. I updated it to say democratic constitutional republic. Semantics. Doesn't change my original message any. Popular vote is bad because one major city getting hacked could change the fate of an election. Thus highlighting the need for a safer system like the electoral college. 

Call me crazy or thinking this may be ironic but with hospitals already struggling on revenue and turning staff away for reduced hours, you have to wonder moving forward how more "healthy" the world will because of the C-virus. Idk about you, but with 6 ft social distancing and hand sanitizer becoming the norm, let alone maintaining my diet with fruits and vegetables and always keeping my car, house already clean. I foresee myself and people getting less sick.... I also take zinc and B12 on a daily basis ftr.

I want the common folk healthy to live their best live, but hospitals from their lies with the media etc. are going to reap what they sow. I know OR procedures are down so maybe with non-essential procedures to be allowed soon that will help the hospitals.

Idk thoughts?

Salisbury, MA, which is a waterfront beach town, is refusing to turn on water service for around 300 seasonal homes. I assume this is in an effort to "save lives". I also assume these homeowners property taxes are also being suspended during this time.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, keikla said:

Just a friendly reminder to not ingest or inject the following: disinfectants such as bleach, lysol, rubbing alcohol.  Also UV lights.

From m-w.com:

disinfectant : an agent that frees from infection

Penicillin is a disinfectant.

And it’s given orally and intravenously. 

52 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Per the NYPD the murder rate in NYC over past 4 weeks is up 55% compared to same time from from last year. 28 murders vs 18.

On a positive note...... Miami, FL has reported its first 7 week timeframe ending 4/12 without a single murder since 1957.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Just a FYI for you....Pennsylvania DOH just removed 200 "probable" COVID deaths from it's total.

Sorry for your loss.

So, how many more deaths were attributed to COVID-19 that were from something else

The Pennsylvania Department of Health slashed the state’s COVID-19 death toll on Thursday by 201, saying probable deaths it had previously included in the count were eliminated after further investigation.

The overall death toll now stands at 1,421, down from 1,622 reported a day earlier.

The number of deaths confirmed by a positive virus test actually rose overnight by 69, to 1,394. But Levine said Thursday that 270 probable deaths that had been added to the death toll in recent days have been removed after further investigation.