SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Minnesota -- Turkey Gameday

stoneySIOUX

Nice win against a long-time rival.  Would have been so sweet to have been there to watch.  Hopefully we can regroup tomorrow and double up for the sweep.  I think we beat them down enough that we either ticked them off enough to fire them up, or we took the wind out of their sails and we will roll them.  We will see....

• Upvote 1

Ben Gordon was spot on....spot on.  That was men against boys in the battle level department.  Can't get worse for the gophs and they'll have their manhood checked tonight into tomorrow.  

Bubbs may have the bigger coaching job ahead keeping the focus and tenacity into tomorrow.  They are going to come out flying, may score first, buy stay the course and get another 9 tomorrow.  

While the defense looked rough at times tonight, to my untrained eye, it looked like they didn't feel Minnesota belonged on the ice with them and were pushing things and taking chances they normally don't. Maybe not, but I thought it looked like they were taking chances to run the score. 

• Upvote 1

Honestly, I was worried going into this game that the big (stupid) ice was going to be a disadvantage for UND.  However, they owned the Goofs all night, and looked to be exploiting the big ice, except for a couple rushes on which the rodents scored.  But, UM could not establish any kind of offensive zone possession tonight.  Total dominance 5X5 for UND.  Very encouraging to watch.