SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Minnesota -- Turkey Gameday

stoneySIOUX

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Not a chance unless UND spends 40 minutes on the PK. That was a mismatch.

5-2 UND

Have seen numerous times in this series where there is a lopsided score one night, and the other team wins the next. Compete level changes a lot of things, and Minnesota might have been in the after Thanksgiving day meal mode. Would expect a lot better effort from them tomorrow, and if we don’t come ready and they get a few power plays early and score, you never know.

13 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I never go on other fan sites any more.  We hate them, they hate us, life goes on.  Did check out a little bit of GPL tonight and just love the "but they have to live in ND" comment.  I get no greater satisfaction than reading that knowing that those dumb@sses will never come to my state and I can hunt, fish, ski, skate, hike without people like them screwing it up.

...and those phrases always start coming out when they can’t say anything about what is happening on the ice.  It’s the last ditch effort of losers to try feel better about themselves.

NEVER NEVER NEVER have I seen "The John" OWNED by opposing fans MORE than tonight and IT WAS AWESOME!   Even the stupid FSNorth commentators had to say they were owned by UND fans in their own arena tonight....more UND fans than Goophs...MORE "Sioux YEAH YEAH"..it was crazy and EMBARRASING for u of m fans!  get a job morons! 

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

Beat the Whioux and tonight is forgotten is the mantra on gpl. But the aren’t too optimistic. 

Nor should they be. Their defense corps is chalked full of pylons. Flat out talent deficiency. We play anywhere near where we did tonight, it won't matter. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Our Associate Coach Dane Jackson could give the guys a reminder how things can change from night to night, as he played in the series in Grand Forks when they beat Minnesota 9-0 on Friday, then lost 9-3 the next night.  Talk about a 180!

47 minutes ago, tnt said:

Our Associate Coach Dane Jackson could give the guys a reminder how things can change from night to night, as he played in the series in Grand Forks when they beat Minnesota 9-0 on Friday, then lost 9-3 the next night.  Talk about a 180!

I was there for that series in 1989...what a turnaround from one night to the next!

11 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Ben Gordon was spot on....spot on.  That was men against boys in the battle level department.  Can't get worse for the gophs and they'll have their manhood checked tonight into tomorrow.  

Bubbs may have the bigger coaching job ahead keeping the focus and tenacity into tomorrow.  They are going to come out flying, may score first, buy stay the course and get another 9 tomorrow.  

Anyone have a video of that interview for posterity’s sake? You know, for the pregame video next time they come to GF.

10 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Honest feedback here...

The biggest downfall for UND tonight was going on the PP. It actually seemed to destroy the rythm... 

If UND could have just skated 5x5 all night they could have hit a bakers dozen at least.

We were so much better 5x5 it was ridiculous. It was to the point where I would have declined penalties if it were an option.