Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
northernraider

2019 Non-UND FCS Thread

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

By garsh......could we be hosting next weekend???

If we make it in we will host. Chaves put in a good bid. It will be interesting who we host. Any other possibilities other than going to UNi or hosting SIU? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sioux>Bison said:

If we make it in we will host. Chaves put in a good bid. It will be interesting who we host. Any other possibilities other than going to UNi or hosting SIU? 

Say if USD wins, would it be enough to knock SDSU off a seed and UND could go to Brookings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last couple seeds could definitely be interesting. NDSU, JMU, Weber St., Montana St., Montana are probably locks at this point. Montana blown out, but still only 3 losses and still better on paper than other teams fighting for a seed IMO.  Illinois St lost and looked terrible.  SDSU on the ropes against USD.  Sac St currently down against UC Davis.  Leaves the door open for some teams.  Would the committee reward UNI? Monmouth? Central Arkansas? Villanova?  or stick with ISU/SDSU/Sac St.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UND beat MSU beat Montana beat Weber St beat UND

we really needed that Weber game and we could be looking at a seed

 

not sure where Sac St fits in this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

I hate to say this but we need to pull fir ndsu to take care if business. 

No, we need to cheer for SIU to not take care of business.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Could we go to Montana or SDSU?

Could happen.

I would think Montana will still get a seed with 9 wins and the 2nd most difficult schedule in the country.

SDSU might be in a more precarious situation as far as a 1st round bye goes

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Where is Longtime Fan at?  Pissed we won I suppose.....

My guess is he was suspended for questioning anything about UND football. UNDBIZ has a bit of a problem if a word questioning the Bubba era is uttered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

My guess is he was suspended for questioning anything about UND football. UNDBIZ has a bit of a problem if a word questioning the Bubba era is uttered.

Cute....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

My guess is he was suspended for questioning anything about UND football. UNDBIZ has a bit of a problem if a word questioning the Bubba era is uttered.

Some dogs have earned a short leash. Nobody else seemed to miss you either. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waiting to hear good news today. Looks like Chaves put in a nice bid per Schlossman Herald article. 

UND has looked capable the last few games so I think they deserve a shot in the field of 24. Congrats to the team and Bubba and staff. 

Lets hope the NCAA and the FCS selection committee doesn’t drop the ball again. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Waiting to hear good news today. Looks like Chaves put in a nice bid per Schlossman Herald article. 

UND has looked capable the last few games so I think they deserve a shot in the field of 24. Congrats to the team and Bubba and staff. 

Lets hope the NCAA and the FCS selection committee doesn’t drop the ball again. 

Some of the bubble teams lost yesterday, so a misfire by the NCAA FCS tournament committee would really be a disappointment for us.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND has looked capable the last few games

My biggest concern is how much the defense has been bending, but glad that the number of times they break remains relatively few.  Offense looks good, capable of putting up points. Will be interesting to see how they do against a really stout defense. And special teams has made some key plays as well, though it’s disappointing how many return yards they often give up. If we’re in, A home game means I think we win. if on the road, I’m much more skeptical. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

My guess is he was suspended for questioning anything about UND football. UNDBIZ has a bit of a problem if a word questioning the Bubba era is uttered.

You really believe that? There is a difference between discussion and constant criticism. You do realize that there is no "questioning anything about su" by outsiders on bisonswille.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Dustin said:

My biggest concern is how much the defense has been bending, but glad that the number of times they break remains relatively few.  Offense looks good, capable of putting up points. Will be interesting to see how they do against a really stout defense. And special teams has made some key plays as well, though it’s disappointing how many return yards they often give up. If we’re in, A home game means I think we win. if on the road, I’m much more skeptical. 

First round the teams should be even - the stout defenses start in the second round. When Western Illinois got in with their 6-5 record in 2015 they were gifted Dayton in the first round. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO the Cats beating the Griz seals it for UND getting in at 7-4. If Chaves did his work and the NC$$ is honest that it's "all about the Benjamins" UND will be hosting Saturday. If not it is off to Brookings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very few bubble teams can claim a victory over a seeded team.  UND can it washed most of the bad lost discussion down the drain.  Plus both OOC wins for UND were .500 or better.

We are in no doubt.  It appears the Jack's will be our opponent.  Most show winner to NDSU.  Someone has the winner going to Montana.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...