SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Non-UND FCS Thread

northernraider

The last couple seeds could definitely be interesting. NDSU, JMU, Weber St., Montana St., Montana are probably locks at this point. Montana blown out, but still only 3 losses and still better on paper than other teams fighting for a seed IMO.  Illinois St lost and looked terrible.  SDSU on the ropes against USD.  Sac St currently down against UC Davis.  Leaves the door open for some teams.  Would the committee reward UNI? Monmouth? Central Arkansas? Villanova?  or stick with ISU/SDSU/Sac St.

55 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

My guess is he was suspended for questioning anything about UND football. UNDBIZ has a bit of a problem if a word questioning the Bubba era is uttered.

Some dogs have earned a short leash. Nobody else seemed to miss you either. 

• Upvote 2

Waiting to hear good news today. Looks like Chaves put in a nice bid per Schlossman Herald article. 

UND has looked capable the last few games so I think they deserve a shot in the field of 24. Congrats to the team and Bubba and staff. 

Lets hope the NCAA and the FCS selection committee doesn’t drop the ball again. 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Waiting to hear good news today. Looks like Chaves put in a nice bid per Schlossman Herald article. 

UND has looked capable the last few games so I think they deserve a shot in the field of 24. Congrats to the team and Bubba and staff. 

Lets hope the NCAA and the FCS selection committee doesn’t drop the ball again. 

Some of the bubble teams lost yesterday, so a misfire by the NCAA FCS tournament committee would really be a disappointment for us.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND has looked capable the last few games

My biggest concern is how much the defense has been bending, but glad that the number of times they break remains relatively few.  Offense looks good, capable of putting up points. Will be interesting to see how they do against a really stout defense. And special teams has made some key plays as well, though it’s disappointing how many return yards they often give up. If we’re in, A home game means I think we win. if on the road, I’m much more skeptical. 

6 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

My guess is he was suspended for questioning anything about UND football. UNDBIZ has a bit of a problem if a word questioning the Bubba era is uttered.

You really believe that? There is a difference between discussion and constant criticism. You do realize that there is no "questioning anything about su" by outsiders on bisonswille.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Dustin said:

My biggest concern is how much the defense has been bending, but glad that the number of times they break remains relatively few.  Offense looks good, capable of putting up points. Will be interesting to see how they do against a really stout defense. And special teams has made some key plays as well, though it’s disappointing how many return yards they often give up. If we’re in, A home game means I think we win. if on the road, I’m much more skeptical. 

First round the teams should be even - the stout defenses start in the second round. When Western Illinois got in with their 6-5 record in 2015 they were gifted Dayton in the first round. 

• Upvote 1

IMO the Cats beating the Griz seals it for UND getting in at 7-4. If Chaves did his work and the NC$$ is honest that it's "all about the Benjamins" UND will be hosting Saturday. If not it is off to Brookings.

Very few bubble teams can claim a victory over a seeded team.  UND can it washed most of the bad lost discussion down the drain.  Plus both OOC wins for UND were .500 or better.

We are in no doubt.  It appears the Jack's will be our opponent.  Most show winner to NDSU.  Someone has the winner going to Montana.