SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Non-UND FCS Thread

northernraider

2 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

Nichols put in a better bid????

Very surprising - our bid was substantial.  It had to be larger than some of the other hosts.   Chaves went out and got commitments from many to increase the UND contribution by 50%!  I can't fault Chaves. Not sure how Nichols could offer more unless some big booster handed them a large check!!

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Why are we traveling to frickin’ Nichols State? That is awful. We are THE University of North Dakota. If we can’t host Nichols State, we should go back down to DII.

Upset about the bid situation. Happy UND gets a chance to prove themselves in the playoffs and an opportunity out for their first DI playoff win.

Well said

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Very surprising - our bid was substantial.  It had to be larger than some of the other hosts.   Chaves went out and got commitments from many to increase the UND contribution by 50%!  I can't fault Chaves. Not sure how Nichols could offer more unless some big booster handed them a large check!!

100% this. The only at large there was concern about was UNI. No clue what Nichols did or how they backed it. 

What's done is done. Let's go down to Louisiana, take care of business and see what happens from there... 

Just now, jdub27 said:

The only at large there was concern about was UNI. No clue what Nichols did or how they backed it. 

What's done is done. Let's go down to Louisiana, take care of business and see what happens from there... 

Yup, go down to Louisiana and win (which I am expecting them to do)

I want a rematch. 

11 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

So why wouldn't they just take all the highest bids and make those teams the hosts?

Then it would really be all about the money.  They make the pairings, then look at the bids to see who will host.   I would bet that most everyone in the room assumed that UND would be the host.

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

UND will be the far more battle tested team, but how healthy will we be? Any update on wanzek? RB situation? A lot of guys looked to get banged up yesterday.

Wanzek left the Alerus in a sling. His availability is probably as good as mine.

4 minutes ago, ksixpack said:

I think we need to calm down with the bid aspect of who hosts.  The bid is part of the process and not the entire end all of who hosts.  We obviously got in as the last seed; it would be a stretch that we host as the last seed in the tournament.

We shouldn’t ignore the process and the facts. The bids are the way by which the hosting institution is determined. It is not (supposed to be) random. What you’re implying is even more preposterous: UND outbid Nicholls yet still is traveling? 

• Upvote 3