Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
northernraider

2019 Non-UND FCS Thread

Recommended Posts

New Hampshire, Elon, and Stony need to help us out with wins. Nichols already helped us. We also need to help ourselves and make a statement. Can’t have another tight game against a bad team.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

New Hampshire, Elon, and Stony need to help us out with wins. Nichols already helped us. We also need to help ourselves and make a statement. Can’t have another tight game against a bad team.

Before the game SE Louisiana 7-3 and Nichols 7-4 and outside of bubble, after game Nichols goes 8-4 and get AQ and SELA 7-4 w/ a #22 ranking in the coaches poll which is one of the "tools" committee uses for at large, just adds another team to bubble.  I figured a Nichols loss is what was needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stonebreaker said:

Before the game SE Louisiana 7-3 and Nichols 7-4 and outside of bubble, after game Nichols goes 8-4 and get AQ and SELA 7-4 w/ a #22 ranking in the coaches poll which is one of the "tools" committee uses for at large, just adds another team to bubble.  I figured a Nichols loss is what was needed.

If consistency holds true, a loss to an unranked team at home should completely slide them out of any rankings.  

Look what a 3 point road loss to the #3 ranked team in the country did to UND.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stonebreaker said:

Before the game SE Louisiana 7-3 and Nichols 7-4 and outside of bubble, after game Nichols goes 8-4 and get AQ and SELA 7-4 w/ a #22 ranking in the coaches poll which is one of the "tools" committee uses for at large, just adds another team to bubble.  I figured a Nichols loss is what was needed.

Nichols lost to Sammy. We beat Sammy. That gives us a leg up. Also do they have a better win than MSU? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Nichols lost to Sammy. We beat Sammy. That gives us a leg up. Also do they have a better win than MSU? 

We are fighting against SELA now, not Nicholls.

I think we would have been better off If SELA would have won the AQ.  

Instead of  bouncing around on the bubble with what would have been a 7-5 Nicholls, who was shut out by Sam Houston, and is 16 spots below us in Massey, we will possibly be measured against 7-4 SELA, who's resume is more comparable to UND's. SELA shut out Central Arkansas.  That is a comparable win to Montana St, IMO.  

Southland probably doesn't deserve to get 3 teams in, but we've seen how this can play out in the past. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Draw a line from Chicago to Mobile would be my definition. (I'm sure mine won't match the committee's.)

New Yorkers think anything on the other side of the Hudson is western

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

New Hampshire, Elon, and Stony need to help us out with wins. Nichols already helped us. We also need to help ourselves and make a statement. Can’t have another tight game against a bad team.

I think the Nichols win hurt us? Now the Southland has 3 viable teams where a Nichols loss would have eliminated them and just left SELA and C. Arkansas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Nichols lost to Sammy. We beat Sammy. That gives us a leg up. Also do they have a better win than MSU? 

We do match up resume wise with Nichols but they are not on the bubble anymore, they have the auto bid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, petey23 said:

We do match up resume wise with Nichols but they are not on the bubble anymore, they have the auto bid.

SELA hasn’t beaten anybody either. That conference is not good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

SELA hasn’t beaten anybody either. That conference is not good.

The way I see it...UND and SELA have each won once against a solidly "in the field" playoff team:

UND over Montana State

SELA over Central Arkansas

Neither team has a common opponent...I'd say that UND has the better wins, but also definitely has the worst loss...and SELA has an FBS loss that was competitive.  The UND Football 360 guys called me "Mr. Negative" last night after the SELA loss...but when I try to look at this objectively...I don't feel very good about our odds if it comes down to these two teams for one spot.  That doesn't mean we don't get in...but I don't think we get in over SELA...but who knows when it comes to a committee!

Also...this is all moot if UND lays an egg tomorrow.  I don't know about you guys...but I was in Flagstaff last year...and the bad taste from that game is still there for me.  I take NOTHING for granted with this team...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, UND08 said:

The way I see it...UND and SELA have each won once against a solidly "in the field" playoff team:

UND over Montana State

SELA over Central Arkansas

Neither team has a common opponent...I'd say that UND has the better wins, but also definitely has the worst loss...and SELA has an FBS loss that was competitive.  The UND Football 360 guys called me "Mr. Negative" last night after the SELA loss...but when I try to look at this objectively...I don't feel very good about our odds if it comes down to these two teams for one spot.  That doesn't mean we don't get in...but I don't think we get in over SELA...but who knows when it comes to a committee!

Also...this is all moot if UND lays an egg tomorrow.  I don't know about you guys...but I was in Flagstaff last year...and the bad taste from that game is still there for me.  I take NOTHING for granted with this team...

I think our Weber game helps us as well. They haven’t played any teams even close to NDSU and WSU, two of our losses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, geaux_sioux said:

I think our Weber game helps us as well. They haven’t played any teams even close to NDSU and WSU, two of our losses. 

They lost to Ole Miss by 11...now if you put NDSU and Ole Miss on the same field I think we all know how that would go...but I'm sure the committee will look at that and give them more credit for it than we'll get for our NDSU effort...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, UND08 said:

They lost to Ole Miss by 11...now if you put NDSU and Ole Miss on the same field I think we all know how that would go...but I'm sure the committee will look at that and give them more credit for it than we'll get for our NDSU effort...

Tough to know the weight a committee will place on a sleepwalking SEC team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three teams will keep und out of  playoffs .  Idaho st , Unc and poly.  S Utah could possibly be team 4.  A team that is in playoff consideration should NEVER go toe to toe with three 2- 8 (6-25 D1) ball clubs. In those three games und was outscored 95-119. Lost by 35 won by 4 won by 7.  Opponents won the first down battle. Und was out gained yardage wise 434- 492 average/ game. The opposing three teams were penalized more.... 205 yards to unds 173.    Und goes 2-1 vs those 3 while losing nearly every significant statistic. 

Und has won 6 games by the point difference of 40, 4, 2, 4, 4 and 7 to a combined team record of 27-36.   Und is a handful of plays away from being a 2-8 team    

Und sits with two solid games....Montana st (W)  and Weber (L). 

3 bad performances vs 2 nice performances  

What will the committee see? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Three teams will keep und out of  playoffs .  Idaho st , Unc and poly.  S Utah could possibly be team 4.  A team that is in playoff consideration should NEVER go toe to toe with three 2- 8 (6-25 D1) ball clubs. In those three games und was outscored 95-119. Lost by 35 won by 4 won by 7.  Opponents won the first down battle. Und was out gained yardage wise 434- 492 average/ game. The opposing three teams were penalized more.... 205 yards to unds 173.    Und goes 2-1 vs those 3 while losing nearly every significant statistic. 

Und has won 6 games by the point difference of 40, 4, 2, 4, 4 and 7 to a combined team record of 27-36.   Und is a handful of plays away from being a 2-8 team    

Und sits with two solid games....Montana st (W)  and Weber (L). 

3 bad performances vs 2 nice performances  

What will the committee see? 

You can only hope. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

Three teams will keep und out of  playoffs .  Idaho st , Unc and poly.  S Utah could possibly be team 4.  A team that is in playoff consideration should NEVER go toe to toe with three 2- 8 (6-25 D1) ball clubs. In those three games und was outscored 95-119. Lost by 35 won by 4 won by 7.  Opponents won the first down battle. Und was out gained yardage wise 434- 492 average/ game. The opposing three teams were penalized more.... 205 yards to unds 173.    Und goes 2-1 vs those 3 while losing nearly every significant statistic. 

Und has won 6 games by the point difference of 40, 4, 2, 4, 4 and 7 to a combined team record of 27-36.   Und is a handful of plays away from being a 2-8 team    

Und sits with two solid games....Montana st (W)  and Weber (L). 

3 bad performances vs 2 nice performances  

What will the committee see? 

The  hole in your logic is most of the teams UND is competing with for a bid did not play teams as good as ISU, INC and SUU.  If UND wins they are in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

The  hole in your logic is most of the teams UND is competing with for a bid did not play teams as good as ISU, INC and SUU.  If UND wins they are in.

Would agree, win and in. Wait, there is a committee that gets to decide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

A Montana State win today would go a long way. I’m not too confident in that but you never know 

In Bozeman helps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

A Montana State win today would go a long way. I’m not too confident in that but you never know 

Also a Maine loss. They are playing at new Hampshire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...