SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Non-UND FCS Thread

northernraider

2 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Yes I’m in agreement a 12 game schedule is a no brainer. 

And knowing we had ndsu scheduled 5 years ago for 2019, should have had ample time to find a 12th game for this season against an average to below average opponent. 

Exactly.  So if the NDSU loss kept this team out of the playoffs in 2015 and does again this season while NDSU rolls to another championship this season...……………………..

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Exactly.  So if the NDSU loss kept this team out of the playoffs in 2015 and does again this season while NDSU rolls to another championship this season...……………………..

I’d say it’s more the ISU loss that kept the team out of the playoffs.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, homer said:

This line of thinking is why I hope the selection committee takes SOS into serious consideration.  Is the goal only to get to 7 wins or is the goal to challenge yourself while doing so?  The NDSU loss isn’t the one that kept UND out of the playoffs both years.  

It did. Any loss kept us from 8 wins. Obviously, hurts more to lose to mediocre teams but had we beaten another FCS team we would have been in with 8 wins. Frankly we were not much better than average so I’ve never understood the whining. I believe your point is valid. If we win the games we should win we are in and the NDSU game doesn’t keep us out. Same thing this year: we beat another FCS team instead of losing to NDSU we would be 7-3 right now. The losses to ISU and EW  are keeping us out 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

SELA fumbles at the goal line attempting to take the lead 

I have a feeling this is a fore shadowing of all the games we need to go a certain way, go the wrong way this year.

Last year were a hot mess at the end of the year and were one of the last four out. We are so much better this year than last year, it’s gonna suck if we don’t make it. 

If all things were equal in the locked decision room UND's record of 7-4 and SOS puts them in, but as we know once the door shuts the decisions are not made on merit they are made on each person at the table doing everything they can to get the most teams from their conference into the tournament. Now if we don't hold up our end of the bargain and finish 6-5 we have no beef. 

• Like 1

Given how UND has played in several games this season, and how we played in the last game of the year, last season. I am far more concerned with the S. Utah game, than any other FCS game that could impact us.

The way this team plays, I (unfortunately) don't expect the blowout that should happen. I would like to see a good 3 TD win, and more importantly UND just controlling the game for a full 4 quarters. I guess we will see, but IF UND wins, and IF they make the playoffs ... it would be really nice to see them roll into the playoffs with a little momentum.

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I worry the "we need 12 east and 12 west schools" mindset will enter and it won't help UND. 

Depends on where the “west” begins. But, yeah, I don’t expect the selection committee to do anything to get UND in. The Hawks have to show they belong with their on-field performance tomorrow. 

• Like 1