SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Non-UND FCS Thread

northernraider

6 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Baloney. Chaves put together a very competitive bid. A number of individual Alumni had pledged to augment what UND could do. Had our fans and community kept attendance at 9500 to 10,000 UND might have offered more. Biggest failure has been UND students failure to get behind the team and be part of the success. During the week Chaves and Alumni staff travel the region working to increase support for the program, UND athletics and the University. Cheap shots from people who have no idea what these guys are doing every day get a bit old. Maybe you should have given an extra $10,000. I would bet we were only short $5000. 

I was using sarcasm...I agree with you 100%

8 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Baloney. Chaves put together a very competitive bid. A number of individual Alumni had pledged to augment what UND could do. Had our fans and community kept attendance at 9500 to 10,000 UND might have offered more. Biggest failure has been UND students failure to get behind the team and be part of the success. During the week Chaves and Alumni staff travel the region working to increase support for the program, UND athletics and the University. Cheap shots from people who have no idea what these guys are doing every day get a bit old. Maybe you should have given an extra $10,000. I would bet we were only short $5000. 

Thinking back to the last of the Muss days and being apart of those student crowds (or my favorite story of the 100 students against Cal Poly, the first home game after the USF disaster), it is still painful for me to see those student stands so empty and so similar to those days. 

It can't all be on the change of the times.... 

• Upvote 2

If placement in the bracket means anything and it obviously doesn't we would either be the #16 or #17 team.

You have to remember several auto bids are lower.

If you took regionalization out of it it would look like this.

#1 plays winner of #16/#17

#2 plays winner of #15/#18

#3 plays winner of #14/#19

#4 plays winner of #13/#20

#5 plays winner of #12/#21

#6 plays winner of #11/#22

#7 plays winner of #10/#23

#8 plays winner of #9/#24

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ksixpack said:

1 hour ago, ksixpack said:

Yeah I figured that out after posting. I’m not sure how some people think the answer is to fire everyone. Pretty shallow thinking. What is the thought process that leads some  to post all the critical negative crap when we just made the playoffs. People should be figuring out how to tell Grandma thanks for the turkey but I have to leave now to get to Louisiana for the game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hammersmith said:

Which other first round team was within 400mi of GF? I'll hang up and wait.

It's almost like most of you don't bother to read the bracketing guidelines the committee has to work with.

Oh wait, it's because most of you don't bother to read the bracketing guidelines the committee has to work with. <shakes head>

E20167D3-2077-423F-8858-4CF95A867E3F.gif

2 hours ago, CAS4127 said:

The bid process requires a minimum bid, but obviously teams bid more than that. Also, the submitted bid is only the minimum the bidder has to pay. Once game is done and attendance/total take is known, the actual amount paid to NCAA may very well end up more (maybe much more) than the actual bid.  In short, a $90K bid could turn out to be a $130K payment to the NCAA. So, if you estimate solidly that game revenue will be $160K, you may as well bid the $130K.

The NCAA will take the bid amount or 75% OF THE GATE or which ever is higher.

Glad to see siu not get in just to stick it the eye of McFooley

i would like to see izzo issue a positive statement about UND now since he predicted the total demise of UND football and Bubba

Izzo will come up with some lame political bs now and say making the playoffs isn’t enough

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Thinking back to the last of the Muss days and being apart of those student crowds (or my favorite story of the 100 students against Cal Poly, the first home game after the USF disaster), it is still painful for me to see those student stands so empty and so similar to those days. 

It can't all be on the change of the times.... 

The whole Bubba Bucks thing made the program seem like a joke. After what I’ve seen out of the students the last three home games they don’t deserve any seats.   They have it better than almost any student section with premium placement and take it for granted. Slide them down to the end and only in the upper section and see if they ever fill that up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, bison73 said:

The NCAA will take the bid amount or 75% OF THE GATE or which ever is higher.

OF THE NET. CAS was mostly right in what he said(his math was off a bit). If you solidly estimate the net will be $160k, you might as well bid $120k(or 75% of $160k). In fact, that's what the NCAA asks you to do.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hammersmith said:

OF THE NET. CAS was mostly right in what he said(his math was off a bit). If you solidly estimate the net will be $160k, you might as well bid $120k(or 75% of $160k). In fact, that's what the NCAA asks you to do.

Which is why many teams underestimated the attendance to rat hole money from the NCAA; at least that was the case in the old D2 era...not sure if they can pull the wool over the eyes of the NCAA like they used to.

10 minutes ago, ksixpack said:

Which is why many teams underestimated the attendance to rat hole money from the NCAA; at least that was the case in the old D2 era...not sure if they can pull the wool over the eyes of the NCAA like they used to.

Not so much. They can do some stuff, but the modern era includes having proof of ticket sales and the like. But it is why you see playoff attendances that are so much lower than season averages. It's not that the schools are gaming the NCAA so much as being honest and not fudging the numbers like they do during the season. (I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way.) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bincitysioux said:

If UND can't afford to outbid Nicholls, then HPC2 isn't getting built in my lifetime.  

We guessed wrong. Not sure how much we missed by but Chaves and staff contacted a number of people to get support. He has a pretty good idea of what it normally takes. I would guess we were close. HPC 2 will be a lot faster if new President recognizes athletics as a very high priority. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2