SiouxSports.com Forum

John W.

So much stuff to read online that isn’t behind a paywall 

I used to buy the Sunday papers to read box scores, now most are online somewhere after the game along with video

most small town newspapers news is a week old by the time the paper comes out.

27 minutes ago, Kab said:

So much stuff to read online that isn’t behind a paywall 

I used to buy the Sunday papers to read box scores, now most are online somewhere after the game along with video

most small town newspapers news is a week old by the time the paper comes out.

Or it's just a "local newspaper" filled with articles from the washington post.

Gonna re up my own site here because why not! Check out Seamoresports.com for recaps and more, and subscribe to Seamore Sports on Youtube for video interviews with the opposing team/UND players to get different perspectives. All free! (we are taking donations and if you are a business owner and want to sponsor a growing platform that for students turned working parents both trying to get grad degrees has had over 10000 views per year since inception on an irregular schedule, let me know). https://seamoresports.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCehTBAiatxWMamjPVgsMkzg

39 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Where's that talentless hack Tony Bender to revive and be an advocate for the small town "local newspapers" when you need him?

Same place 99 % of media are, chasing down fake news and reporting it as gospel 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2020 at 1:32 PM, UND1983 said:

and Gopher sports stories.  

Big write up about the gopher-badger hockey game in the grand forks herald, was a subscriber for over thirty years, dropped it last summer after they went to 6 days a week , glad i did. I gets to see Brad’s articles on Sioux sports or twitter snd that’s all I need to see

4 hours ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Big write up about the gopher-badger hockey game in the grand forks herald, was a subscriber for over thirty years, dropped it last summer after they went to 6 days a week , glad i did. I gets to see Brad’s articles on Sioux sports or twitter snd that’s all I need to see

So you're not interested in learning more about the inner workings of Gofer hockey?;)

https://www.inforum.com/news/government-and-politics/4885173-ND-public-entities-spend-big-on-travel-using-purchasing-cards

Another meandering, pointless Forum Communication hit piece that supposedly was intended to gin up anger against public employees - and especially UND and NDSU sports.

Does this company realize that those athletic programs are responsible for probably 90% of their hits, clicks, traffic, and revenue?  Why keep this campaign going?

On top of everything, I'm not sure the writer had enough information, or context, to even make a point.

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

https://www.inforum.com/news/government-and-politics/4885173-ND-public-entities-spend-big-on-travel-using-purchasing-cards

Another meandering, pointless Forum Communication hit piece that supposedly was intended to gin up anger against public employees - and especially UND and NDSU sports.

Does this company realize that those athletic programs are responsible for probably 90% of their hits, clicks, traffic, and revenue?  Why keep this campaign going?

On top of everything, I'm not sure the writer had enough information, or context, to even make a point.

For some reason I kept picturing Jennifer Garner while reading the article. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

With my limited clicks I am not going to waste one on that story (or Port or McFeely ever). 

Literally was just about to just give them their damn online subscription....

Then I used a free click on the Bochenski hit piece, thankfully saved me money.

Other than a delivery vehicle for Brads hockey writing, i consider it a dinosour that nobody needs anymore...

Its a Dontneedasourus...

6 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Literally was just about to just give them their damn online subscription....

Then I used a free click on the Bochenski hit piece, thankfully saved me money.

Other than a delivery vehicle for Brads hockey writing, i consider it a dinosour that nobody needs anymore...

Its a Dontneedasourus...

When the athletic wants college hockey that will be the end of the herald as brad will be poached. 

• Upvote 2

On 2/2/2020 at 10:45 AM, MrEdway said:

15 year old kid gets murdered. What happened? Aside from tributes to the poor victim the Herald doesn't seem to be too interested. 

Any updates to this? I have not seen anything in the local fish wrap and the Grand Forks TMZ reporter has also been quite on the case.

Has no one even requested a police report? I would think an adult killing a 15 year old kid is kind of a big story