SiouxSports.com Forum

John W.

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Your digital subscription means that you can read articles on ANY Forum site, not just the Herald.  You’d enjoy McFeely’s commentary today.

I don't think it includes the Forum/tried it an it shuts me down saying I have used all m free time.

McFeely articles are printed in the Herald.

2 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

I don't think it includes the Forum/tried it an it shuts me down saying I have used all m free time.

It includes all Forum sites, trust me.  

It’s just a matter of time before there is ONE Forum website where you go for the news in Dickinson, Jamestown, Grand Forks, and Fargo.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

It includes all Forum sites, trust me.  

It’s just a matter of time before there is ONE Forum website where you go for the news in Dickinson, Jamestown, Grand Forks, and Fargo.  

My mom reads the brained dispatch with the herald account  

On 4/18/2020 at 10:08 AM, Old Fella said:

It works on all Forum owned sites. You just have to log in at each one. 

I have older neighbors without computer access or training.  They are upset because the price is still the same for 2 papers/week as it was for 7/week and they will not 

be able to do on line.

The previous comments about papers to start camp fires- one of the best fire starters is shredded newspaper stuffed in empty toilet paper rolls and dipped 

into melted paraffin, then set on a rack to cool and harden.

On 4/16/2020 at 2:06 PM, UND1983 said:

The Herald has their writers on panic mode.  Writing about anything possible to keep the clicks up. What an awful time.  

But how many "clicks" are they going to get with that idiotic paywall?    Sure aren't getting anything from me.

10 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

A little over $8 a month to read articles as soon as they're posted. Way better than a paper delivered the next day.....or later!

Agree.  I don't live in GF but the sports articles are worth the yearly subscription.  Tom Miller did a pretty good job last year.

On 4/18/2020 at 5:36 PM, MafiaMan said:

I said HE would enjoy it...I thought it sucked.  

Yes, I agree, this was a horse bleep article. McFeely: For those screeching about freedom, it's really about selfishness

And so when states, counties or cities — or, more crucially, residents of those places — cavalierly say that government can't tell them what to do, by God, and go about their daily lives like we weren't in the middle of a coronavirus pandemic, it is the height of selfishness.

Not liberty. Not freedom. Not God-given rights.

Selfishness.

I don't read the Herald for McFeely. I read mostly for the sports (Schloss, Miller and Wayne) and local news. 

1 hour ago, Goon said:

Yes, I agree, this was a horse bleep article. McFeely: For those screeching about freedom, it's really about selfishness

I don't read the Herald for McFeely. I read mostly for the sports (Schloss, Miller and Wayne) and local news. 

I’m thinking not too many people read anything for McFeeley.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I feel both McFeely and Port should go. Just give me the news and not opinion pieces.

Occasionally, Port does report stuff other journalists refuse to write about but still isn't enough to support his writing. 

I really want to buy an online subscription as the cost is low for access to so many papers and there are occasionally intnteresting articles. but have a hard time justifying it knowing those two will get some of the money. 

19 hours ago, Goon said:

Maybe they will someday offer a sports only subscription for people like me.  I live in Iowa and the local news is of no interest to me. The national news and opinion stuff I can get anywhere.

• Upvote 1