SiouxSports.com Forum

John W.

On 5/3/2020 at 12:01 PM, 90siouxfan said:
On 5/2/2020 at 2:55 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

part of the heraldo's disconnect is that schlossman is referencing a  heraldo's memorable games series moment about a lamoourueux twin doing something yet 99% of their readers have no idea what he's referencing?

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/government-and-politics/6505612-ANALYSIS-Trump-tweets-insults-promotes-baseless-claims-plays-golf-on-weekend-dedicated-to-war-dead

Just in time for Memorial Day. A time to tear down...not to remember apparently.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

How dare a Commander in Chief go golfing on Memorial Day? 

https://newsone.com/1274645/just-curious-was-obama-wrong-to-golf-on-memorial-day/

People gonna find something to complain about no matter who. 

Please note article date of my link. 

Trump attacked Obama for golfing On Memorial Day weekend and trump does the same and also acts like a child on twitter and people are running to his defense. Cant even make this stuff up, at least we all get some entertainment out of all of this.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Trump attacked Obama for golfing On Memorial Day weekend and trump does the same and also acts like a child on twitter and people are running to his defense. Cant even make this stuff up, at least we all get some entertainment out of all of this.

"attacked"...love it....words hurt so much....hate speech much?

4 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

So they’re both right or both wrong for golfing. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, MrEdway said:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/opinion/editorials/6626591-Our-view-Period-for-paid-letters-now-begins

Looks looks like the Herald has one foot on the banana peel. I can't read it, but really don't need to.

They are trying to cover cost of printing political letters to the editor it appears. Looks like all fcc publications not just the Fargo forum north edition. 

On 8/22/2020 at 6:36 AM, MrEdway said:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/opinion/editorials/6626591-Our-view-Period-for-paid-letters-now-begins

Looks looks like the Herald has one foot on the banana peel. I can't read it, but really don't need to.

It only covers the main campaign season, and it only applies to political letters. Candidates and political campaigns were using letter-writing campaigns in lieu of buying ad space. FCC has been doing this for two full years, and there hasn't exactly been much hue and cry about it thus far. Once the election is over, political letters will again be printed free of charge until the next election season.

As they say in the article, the use of letter-writing campaigns by political camps has forced newspapers into one of three choices:

1. Continue to print every letter free of charge, adding pages to the paper if necessary. This will mean additional costs to the newspapers and result in opinion pages with dozens of letters, all saying the same things.

2. Select which letters to print. This creates major ethical issues and leads to questions about impartiality and bias. (Do you print equal numbers of letters on both sides? Do you print letters in proportion to the numbers you receive? How do you balance all the races, both individual and measures?)

3. Charge a fee for political letters; print all that are willing to pay. The payment is there to offset printing costs. Hopefully this keeps the repeats down, and encourages the main campaigns to use ads instead of letters, keeping the letters space open for individuals.

I'm good with their decision. Actually, I'd like them to charge much more and then give a cut to those of us reading the page for having to deal with the crazy. The letters page is mostly populated by looney tunes(and not the funny cartoon ones).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Another needless UND hit piece, or a legitimately newsworthy story?

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/local/despite-being-on-hold-peter-nygards-scholarchip-remained-on-unds-website-until-this-month

(My money's on the former.)

Not big news in the real world, but in fashion world it's Nygard is a pariah. He's facing a long list of ugly charges. 

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

For years now... if I see Shaw as an article author, I just turn the page. This whole article is garbage- just like everything that person writes.

"Fool me once"....now it's on you to stop reading this idiot.

• Upvote 2