SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Attendance

SiouxFan100

3 hours ago, ND1 said:

Looking at the ticket master map, not too many tickets remaining.  I will say 10k 

The season ticket holders will count in the attendance #'s whether they show up or not (mentioning this part only being Memorial Day weekend).
The big unknown will be the student section, will most leave campus for the long weekend? Of those that stay, how many will go to the game?
Will there be many walk on ticket buyers the day of the game, some could be curious as to what the new season brings?

38 minutes ago, Irish said:

This could be the year that attendance and support for this program takes a leap.  There is more buzz for this season than in any other in recent memory - mainly due to the new O coordinator.  The feeling seems to be that we were close with the worst O coordinator in football and this year we may take the leap.  We need some things to happen - first we need good performances in out first two games.  We don't need to beat the Bison, but we need to look like we belong on the same field.  Second - Bubba needs to get out of the way of his own Bubbaness.  By that I mean not getting out adjusted in every game - be a little flexible - and as long as we are wishing a more liberal approach to game management.  Bubba seems to spend a lot of time figuring how far we can pin the other team back if we punt from where we have the ball.  We don't have a monster D line to make this strategy productive. Last - special teams, special teams, special teams.  If we build some momentum we can be a serious playoff team this year.  

I would have expected maximum "buzz" to be the season following the playoff appearance. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I would have expected maximum "buzz" to be the season following the playoff appearance. 

This should be correct but sadly I don't think it is.  First there was the absolute debacle of the second half of the playoff game - one of the worst collapses in UND history and much of it self-inflicted.  Second - whatever buzz there was quickly went away during our 3-8 season.  

Can someone tell me why the university is promoting the concerts in the park at university this Saturday ...starting at 5?

Granted the headliner won’t hit the stage until later, but why in the hell are they competing against football on the home opener!

12 minutes ago, ND1 said:

Can someone tell me why the university is promoting the concerts in the park at university this Saturday ...starting at 5?

Granted the headliner won’t hit the stage until later, but why in the hell are they competing against football on the home opener!

Because sometimes in a town the size of Grand Forks, there is more than one thing going on.  Seriously don't see a problem with this.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ND1 said:

I would say that the percentage of students interested in any UND sport is single digit (14,600 students). 

Perhaps in a larger market university this would work, but when your struggling to attract and hold onto kids for a game,  not sure this is the best idea.  When you have a limited amount of students, you would think events would work together and compliment each other instead of competing.

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Their interest in tailgating is high though. Need to get them to come in the doors for the games now with an entertaining product on the field.

The student tailgate will be packed because it was huge last year too. Probably can’t drink at the concert put on by the university.....

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

The student tailgate will be packed because it was huge last year too. Probably can’t drink at the concert put on by the university.....

Oh, there will be alcohol considering Brick and Barley is co-hosting and listed as the “adult beverage vendor” for the concert.

I would also think many students will venture home for the three day weekend.  Those that stay, may tailgate and then head to Johnny Holmes at University.  Hope I’m wrong though...

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

Love the students and want them to attend - just hope the message got out that leaving huge trash piles behind in the parking lot after tailgating is a poor reflection on them. 

I would pick all that trash up in a payloader, drive it down university, and dump it out on the front lawn of a frat to send a message.

31 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I would pick all that trash up in a payloader, drive it down university, and dump it out on the front lawn of a frat to send a message.

Obviously you are a very subtle man; that is why I like you! In June I saw two of our finest parked and talking for 90 minutes on a very public road. I went up to them and asked if they were going to park somewhere for 90 minutes, could it be at one of our stoplights that people keep running? It seems that did not get the message... still happening and now OTHERS are complaining! Take care of problems when they are small and right away.

the garbage should have been handled last year... or get a roll off there!

We've had huge student turnout early season in tailgating (estimated as many as 4,000+) but the Alerus center isn't smart enough to fill the 2,000 student seats.  Historically, 2,000 paper tickets are distributed during game week.  Of the 2,000, about 100 kids didn't plan on going from the start, another 200 had something else come up or lost tickets, 100 sit in places other than the student section, 100 drink too much to make it into the game.  So, the student section starts at 1,500 of 2,000 tickets while 2,000-3,000 tailgaters walk right past the stadium and leave.  Then seeing that the student section isn't full the 1,500 students think they are missing out on other things and most leave by halftime.  Alerus Center with another huge fail.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, dmksioux said:

Oh, there will be alcohol considering Brick and Barley is co-hosting and listed as the “adult beverage vendor” for the concert

I would also think many students will venture home for the three day weekend.  Those that stay, may tailgate and then head to Johnny Holm at University.  Hope I’m wrong though...

Fyp 

http://www.johnnyholm.com/

6 hours ago, LH Golfer said:

The Alerus needs to update their software so they can start scanning E-Tickets. That would help. Young adults don't carry paper cash, and we expect them to handle a paper ticket?

This is a great idea!

My undergrad is also struggling with attendance and this year doing an on the field beer garden.

I'm not sure if there is enough room in the end zones for this at the Alerus, but great idea. 

5d027b9daa710.image.jpg