SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Attendance

SiouxFan100

We have a new offense coordinator in Freund. There appears to be renewed buzz about UND football. 2018 playoffs are going on without UND. Many lost opportunities. 

What happens to our attendance in 2019. As always, a lot depends on our success. I expect and hope for better results in 2019 - but then I have a short memory.

Who is in and buying 2019 season tickets and who is out? :)

I am in!

3 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

We have a new offense coordinator in Freund. There appears to be renewed buzz about UND football. 2018 playoffs are going on without UND. Many lost opportunities. 

What happens to our attendance in 2019. As always, a lot depends on our success. I expect and hope for better results in 2019 - but then I have a short memory.

I am in!

In

57 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I am in!

Points - not TOP - and wins will bring in the crowd. I expect points with Freund. 

Go UND!

I guess what I am curious about is what influence - If any - does the coaching changes make in pre season ticket sales.

I am guessing there would have been a drop in season ticket sales but now pre season season ticket sales will be about the same as 2018.

Hopefully, the coaching changes bring more wins and with it more attendance as the 2019 season progresses.

13 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I guess what I am curious about is what influence - If any - does the coaching changes make in pre season ticket sales.

I am guessing there would have been a drop in season ticket sales but now pre season season ticket sales will be about the same as 2018.

Hopefully, the coaching changes bring more wins and with it more attendance as the 2019 season progresses.

Undecided, but not the coaching change I was looking for.  

All else equal, Freund's style will be way more engaging for casual fans and students.  Attendance will be better, assuming the product is improved.  Pace of play will help greatly.

I can see the game against Drake having lower attendance than the first game this year, however.

5 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

All else equal, Freund's style will be way more engaging for casual fans and students. 

I hope it's a win-win. I expect it to definitely be a more entertaining brand of offensive football, but I also hope that it equates to more points and more wins. In addition to QB play, also depends on how the offensive line develops. Next big hire?  

I don't think casual fans follow the program close enough that a change in the OC would impact their ticket purchase decision. A 6-5 season is going to lose some bandwagoners and it will take a good year to get their excitement back. That would also coincide with joining the MVFC and having some opponents that people care about on the schedule. So a decent year next year (with a tough schedule) sets the table to sell more season tickets in 2020. 

If I lived up there, I'd be looking at trying to improve my season tickets to better seats for those that don't renew.  As much as I wanted to make the playoffs going into the year, knowing we don't have to see that offense another game has me in a better mood about things than a playoff appearance does.  Danny still obviously has a lot to prove, but now I feel we may actually have a chance to win some big games.  We have a ways to go to get attendance where we'd like it, but I think the move to the MVFC and an improved offense will the better tickets hard to come by come 2020. 

17 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

If I lived up there, I'd be looking at trying to improve my season tickets to better seats for those that don't renew.  As much as I wanted to make the playoffs going into the year, knowing we don't have to see that offense another game has me in a better mood about things than a playoff appearance does.  Danny still obviously has a lot to prove, but now I feel we may actually have a chance to win some big games.  We have a ways to go to get attendance where we'd like it, but I think the move to the MVFC and an improved offense will the better tickets hard to come by come 2020. 

Season tickets are gonna be nuts the first year ndsu comes

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:39 PM, CMSioux said:

I don't think casual fans follow the program close enough that a change in the OC would impact their ticket purchase decision. A 6-5 season is going to lose some bandwagoners and it will take a good year to get their excitement back. That would also coincide with joining the MVFC and having some opponents that people care about on the schedule. So a decent year next year (with a tough schedule) sets the table to sell more season tickets in 2020. 

Great point about casual fans not being impacted by a change in the OC regarding their ticket purchase decision.  I suppose though a casual fan, by definition, might not even be bothered to purchase a season ticket anyhow though (?).  Agree, it will probably take a year to get the excitement back (assuming they do well next season, that's not a given) following this season's 1-3 meltdown following a decent 5-2 start. 

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:04 PM, nodak651 said:

All else equal, Freund's style will be way more engaging for casual fans and students.  Attendance will be better, assuming the product is improved.  Pace of play will help greatly.

I can see the game against Drake having lower attendance than the first game this year, however.

We play non-scholarship Drake at home again?  Yoy.

9 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Other schools play D2s or transitioning teams. I'll take Drake. 

I also think it will be a good game for Danny to get his toes wet calling plays. Obviously we should be superior with athletes alone, but we've seen how the offense has performed against these non-scholly teams in the past under Rudy. 

9 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Other schools play D2s or transitioning teams. I'll take Drake. 

I'd take both to have an extra home game next season. First choice of course would be the away half of a home/home with a decent team to set up a return home game in the future. Still dumbfounded they are pretty much set on 11 games instead of 12 next season.

1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

I'd take both to have an extra home game next season. First choice of course would be the away half of a home/home with a decent team to set up a return home game in the future. Still dumbfounded they are pretty much set on 11 games instead of 12 next season.

Bubba/Chaves liked the two weekends off through the season for injuries. Timing seems to be about right.

7 minutes ago, Feff said:

I also think it will be a good game for Danny to get his toes wet calling plays. Obviously we should be superior with athletes alone, but we've seen how the offense has performed against these non-scholly teams in the past under Rudy. 

I hope we come out and run the veer just to mess with NDSU.

2 minutes ago, sprig said:

Bubba/Chaves liked the two weekends off through the season for injuries. Timing seems to be about right.

I get their reasoning, I just don't agree with it, especially with the upcoming schedule. Getting another OOC D1 game that is winnable could mean quite a bit come selection time.

• Upvote 3