SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Attendance

SiouxFan100

Football.PNG

With the encouraging hype on here about a more exciting FB game to watch, and more wins; does attendance rise?

Student sections are presently 212 - 214; 215 used to be in the student section, where my present seats are. Should UND move the student sections over 1 section to 211 - 213, or even 210- 212.

Prime real estate for ticket sales in 214 and 213 and think what the additional 52% take would do for the saving account for the next hockey scoreboard?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Football.PNG

With the encouraging hype on here about a more exciting FB game to watch, and more wins; does attendance rise?

Student sections are presently 212 - 214; 215 used to be in the student section, where my present seats are. Should UND move the student sections over 1 section to 211 - 213, or even 210- 212.

Prime real estate for ticket sales in 214 and 213 and think what the additional 52% take would do for the saving account for the next hockey scoreboard?

How many repeat conversations can we have in one post... Let's wait and see how the season goes, how the student attendance is and what the overall attendance is before we begin this crap again.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

How many repeat conversations can we have in one post... Let's wait and see how the season goes, how the student attendance is and what the overall attendance is before we begin this crap again.

Sorry, some of it was purple, and the Cow Cawledge has student section in the corner, not a mid field.

3 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Football.PNG

214 and 213 should also be season ticket holder (Champions Club) seating along with the current section 215. Students should have 212, 211, and 210. I'm sorry, but I highly doubt anyone can change my mind on this. The NCAA requires the section to move during the playoffs anyways, and if you look around the country (even NDSU), the students just don't get the 50 yard line for seating. That takes away from season ticket holders who are actually willing to BOTH pay and stay the entirety of the game (not to mention actually attend each game). 

UND is dropping the ball on this big time based on how they set up student seating. Students still should get free tickets and the same overall amount of seating , but no one watching on TV should have to witness entire sections empty while watching (the cameras face those sections, particularly those on the 50). It makes the UND football atmosphere look awful. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, WiSioux said:

Do you really think we need another season to fully understand the situation of student attendance and seating? The sample size already available is more than adequate.

As the past 10 + seasons have demonstrated, student attendance will drop off as the games and the season overall progresses. Kids get bored at sporting events these days; just reality. The "prime real estate" (40 to 40 yard line seating) on both sides of the field should be reserved for season ticket holders.  

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Hopefully Tater Bowl & HomCom are on different weekends.

2017 we averaged over 10,000 - there was a drop off in attendance last half of the 2018 season. Should have a rebound in attendance this season.

Tater Bowl Sept 14, Homecoming Oct 5th

6 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

214 and 213 should also be season ticket holder (Champions Club) seating along with the current section 215. Students should have 212, 211, and 210. I'm sorry, but I highly doubt anyone can change my mind on this. The NCAA requires the section to move during the playoffs anyways, and if you look around the country (even NDSU), the students just don't get the 50 yard line for seating. That takes away from season ticket holders who are actually willing to BOTH pay and stay the entirety of the game (not to mention actually attend each game). 

UND is dropping the ball on this big time based on how they set up student seating. Students still should get free tickets and the same overall amount of seating , but no one watching on TV should have to witness entire sections empty while watching (the cameras face those sections, particularly those on the 50). It makes the UND football atmosphere look awful. 

I am sure it is simply showing how it is. 

• Downvote 3

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

What?

"Can't wait to get to THE HAWK'S NEST and THE HOUSE THAT RALPH BUILT and THE HOUSE THAT RALPH'S WIFE BUILT to watch some HAWK athletics! Dont forget watching the bizzzzzzun slip and slide!" 

This is the energy he was looking for.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JohnboyND7 said:

"Can't wait to get to THE HAWK'S NEST and THE HOUSE THAT RALPH BUILT and THE HOUSE THAT RALPH'S WIFE BUILT to watch some HAWK athletics! Dont forget watching the bizzzzzzun slip and slide!" 

This is the energy he was looking for.

#HAWKSNATION 

I cannot make our first game. :(

some, including myself, have indicated an interest to meet other posters. Looking for someone who has a tailgating spot that would be willing to host their existing spot for Sioux sports posters to gather at the Sam Houston game.

some posters, such as myself, don’t have a tailgating spot. Some would be willing to bring food and drink. 

I toyed with the idea of getting tailgating spot just for the Houston game but, after talking to others, decided to ask if someone else out there would consider hosting.

hosting to me means letting others know where your spot is and welcoming posters for the Houston game. Hosting doesn’t mean you have a bunch of folks at your spot every week - unless you want that??

any interest out there. Any better ideas? Bad or good idea?

reply here or pm me. I have walked thru tailgating and have never stopped at anyone’s spot. 

• Upvote 1