SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Season

UNDBIZ

44 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

That is 2018 SRS rankings.  You had me worried for a minute and then saw that E Wash was #4 and figured there was a problem.

FCS Coaches PollSTATS FCS Top 25Simple Ratings System

Through Games NOV. 18, 2018

Whew!

On the other hand, UND is #27 in both the Coach’s poll and Stats and dropped a spot last week after a narrow win over UNC. SUU probably still hovering around 100. My premise still stands. 

A long way to climb against a lowly ranked team

• Like 1

So we started the season with what appeared to be the toughest schedule in the nation, we are on track to win 7 of those games with two of the losses being to teams in the top 10 and one being to a team that will likely finish 7-4 (corrected) and undefeated at home. We have one stinker loss, but please show me a team ranked between 16-24 that has a higher SOS and no stinker loss. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Could someone please remind me how the bidding works for playoffs? When do they do it?

If UND wins tomorrow, there is still no guarantee that we make the playoff field, but the field is announced Sunday morning ... right? So would UND have to place the bid, just hoping that they make the field?

Would be great to see them not only get in, but also host.

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

Could someone please remind me how the bidding works for playoffs? When do they do it?

If UND wins tomorrow, there is still no guarantee that we make the playoff field, but the field is announced Sunday morning ... right? So would UND have to place the bid, just hoping that they make the field?

Would be great to see them not only get in, but also host.

Bids were placed weeks ago.........

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

So we started the season with what appeared to be the toughest schedule in the nation, we are on track to win 7 of those games with two of the losses being to teams in the top 10 and one being to a team that will likely finish 7-5 and undefeated at home. We have one stinker loss, but please show me a team ranked between 16-24 that has a higher SOS and no stinker loss. 

This is where you wish you had a conference affiliation, with someone in the room to make that argument. If this was next year, I would have almost no about making the playoffs.

Very excited about the MVFC, just hope Bubba and crew are ready for it, and I've made my position on Bubba very clear on this site.

8 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

good to know, thanks!

I don't suppose we know if UND submitted a bid?

You can bet Chaves put in a bid.    If he didn't, we'll be looking for a new AD Sunday afternoon.   No way he didn't though, I just hope we get in.

12 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

That is 2018 SRS rankings.  You had me worried for a minute and then saw that E Wash was #4 and figured there was a problem.

FCS Coaches PollSTATS FCS Top 25Simple Ratings System

Through Games NOV. 18, 2018

So UND was 6-5 last year and #38 in the SRS and was still one of the first three out, despite having no representation in the room. UND will get a fair shake on Sunday if they take care of business on Saturday.

• Upvote 1

On 11/21/2019 at 10:05 AM, UNDBIZ said:

Want Maine, UT-Martin, Towson, Albany, Citadel, and Nichols to lose.

Shannon Schweigert predicts SIU at UND with the winner heading to Fargo.

Going into this weekend, per Massey:

Towson 12
Southern Illinois 15
Maine 18
SUNY-Albany 19
UND 20
SE Louisiana 22 (lost Thursday)
Nichols 36 (won Thursday)
UT Martin 37
Citadel 43

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/fcs/ratings 

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

A bid was made and it was over the minimum. At that point, whether it is enough are not all depends strictly on what the team opposite of you bid.

Spoke to Chaves after the fun luncheon today and he feels confident of the playoffs and hosting... not that I expected anything differently I guess 

13 hours ago, jdub27 said:

So UND was 6-5 last year and #38 in the SRS and was still one of the first three out, despite having no representation in the room. UND will get a fair shake on Sunday if they take care of business on Saturday.

I agree, after we were a hot mess of garbage at the end of the year last year and were still in the last 4 out at 6-5 without any representation in the room......leads me to believe that the 'no representation' is not as big as some have made it out to be.  Thank god we didn't make the playoffs last year or we might still be watching Rudy ball this year, and we might be sitting at 2 wins right now.....who knows, maybe 1.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

I agree, after we were a hot mess of garbage at the end of the year last year and were still in the last 4 out at 6-5 without any representation in the room......leads me to believe that the 'no representation' is not as big as some have made it out to be.  Thank god we didn't make the playoffs last year or we might still be watching Rudy ball this year, and we might be sitting at 2 wins right now.....who knows, maybe 1.   

Pemhaps the criticism they got from around the Midwest for leaving a deserving 7-4 U N D team out last time will give some of them a conscience.

33 minutes ago, zonadub said:

Not having a conference ‘mate’ in the room may still leave UND as one of the first 4 out. Unless Chaves has some pull with either the Big Sky of MVFC rep, or hopefully both, I don’t expect that there will be much lobbying to include the Hawks.

In his interview on the 360 podcast, Chaves mentioned Haslam from Montana multiple times. They know each other well and him on the committee has to be a good thing for us. We have them scheduled in non conference down the road.

58 minutes ago, zonadub said:

Not having a conference ‘mate’ in the room may still leave UND as one of the first 4 out. Unless Chaves has some pull with either the Big Sky of MVFC rep, or hopefully both, I don’t expect that there will be much lobbying to include the Hawks.

In 2015 we didn't get any help from our conference.  If UND was in the BSC this year we would be the 5th BSC team in, and that might actually be a tougher sell than letting us in as an independent.