SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Penn St. Nashville 2020-21

FGHTNSX Hawkey14

5 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Curious if it'll be Midco broadcasting; maybe ESPN+ will pick it up, but CFB will take up all the bigger broadcasters. Good opportunity for College Hockey Inc. to showcase the game.

Maybe CBS Sports night broadcast the game? Didn’t they air the game at MSG? 

54 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Maybe CBS Sports night broadcast the game? Didn’t they air the game at MSG? 

They did but I believe that is because the NCHC managed the game/event? These HoF games are UND controlled so I'm guessing like the Las Vegas game, Midco will get first option.

2 hours ago, Sodbuster said:

To quote "Let's go, MIDCO!"

it's Midco - Let's go...LET'S GO!! 

and THEY WILL!

Who brought you Vegas?  CBS? NBC? ESPN?  College Hockey Sports??? (whoever tf they are?) - go with who UND knows...Midco Sports Network with Alex and Jake.  THEY'RE YOUR TEAM people!  Get behind them instead of "wishing" for "bigger" coverage by idiots who would only irritate you...

CASE IN POINT - Midco was only able to bring you last Saturdays UND/Denver Hockey game as radio play by play with house video but if you had to listen to what idiots those DU radio guys were - you know how painful that was.  Support your local broadcast team and support the businesses that advertise with them.  That ensures games like this will always available for fans unable to make the trip.  That's important too!

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Yes, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't competing with CFB. Forget the exact timing of that game though.

It was the week after Thanksgiving, week 2 of fcs playoffs, so likely no FBS games at the time. Basketball would've probably been on though. 

For those that missed out on the Vegas trip because GA tickets sold out in seconds, An easy way to secure seats before the go on sale to the general public is to become a Champions Club member.  Even if you join today, you still get the presale code to buy them early.  If you graduated within the last two years, it's only $50.  If not, you can get in for only $200.  Besides getting presale opportunities like this one, there are many other benefits.

https://www.ndchampionsclub.com/

(Disclaimer - I do not work for UND or the Champions Club :).  Just want to let people know a better way to secure good seats for this game.)

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

For those that missed out on the Vegas trip because GA tickets sold out in seconds, An easy way to secure seats before the go on sale to the general public is to become a Champions Club member.  Even if you join today, you still get the presale code to buy them early.  If you graduated within the last two years, it's only $50.  If not, you can get in for only $200.  Besides getting presale opportunities like this one, there are many other benefits.

https://www.ndchampionsclub.com/

(Disclaimer - I do not work for UND or the Champions Club :).  Just want to let people know a better way to secure good seats for this game.)

This is good advice.  It gets you in the door.  I'm below 2000 on the priority ranking but I'll still get an opportunity to buy before the general public.

2 hours ago, I Ranger said:

It will be interesting to see how many Penn St fans attend. I would set the over/under at 1,000 as they play Iowa at home in football the same day which will greatly deteriorate their attendance.

I would still take the over. I was hoping for a good contingent of fans (2-3000) to make the journey for Penn State. But football is king there. Might be hard to give up a Saturday of fun & football in the fall to follow a fairly new program. They are easily my favorite, and only team, in the Big 10. (Gopher eliminators) 

12 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

it's Midco - Let's go...LET'S GO!! 

and THEY WILL!

Who brought you Vegas?  CBS? NBC? ESPN?  College Hockey Sports??? (whoever tf they are?) - go with who UND knows...Midco Sports Network with Alex and Jake.  THEY'RE YOUR TEAM people!  Get behind them instead of "wishing" for "bigger" coverage by idiots who would only irritate you...

CASE IN POINT - Midco was only able to bring you last Saturdays UND/Denver Hockey game as radio play by play with house video but if you had to listen to what idiots those DU radio guys were - you know how painful that was.  Support your local broadcast team and support the businesses that advertise with them.  That ensures games like this will always available for fans unable to make the trip.  That's important too!

Um, but our fanbase is pretty big. I don't get Midco and I'm in Minneapolis. So yes, I'll take any of those "idiots".