SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Penn St. Nashville 2020-21

FGHTNSX Hawkey14

On 3/7/2019 at 10:56 PM, GDPritch said:

Count me in!  I heard from a pretty reliable source linked with REA that the deal (UND vs Penn St in Nashville) is all but signed so surely gotta be something coming out soon on it.

No doubt I’ll be hitting this one up 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Every time I tweet at Schloss I get the "Still waiting on details"

This game is getting to be only a year away.  Should we be worried that there is a possibility this game may not happen? 

Maybe I’m alone in this, but I’m glad nothing has been announced. I absolutely despise buying tickets for anything over a year away. Higher chance I’d lose the tickets, or a host of other issues that could come up in a year. Or maybe I’m not a fan of spending money on something, seeing the money gone from my account and have to wait soooo long to enjoy the purchase :lol:

35 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Maybe I’m alone in this, but I’m glad nothing has been announced. I absolutely despise buying tickets for anything over a year away. Higher chance I’d lose the tickets, or a host of other issues that could come up in a year. Or maybe I’m not a fan of spending money on something, seeing the money gone from my account and have to wait soooo long to enjoy the purchase :lol:

The Vegas game ruined it for everyone I guess.  Details for that game were release 2 years prior to the game and tickets went on sale not much long after that!!  As long as the game is still happening, doesn't matter when the info comes out!

The majority of the contract is finalized but for whatever reason, it hasn't been signed by the venue. Once that is done, they can "officially" work out the details with an opponent. Everything is out of UND's hands, they are awaiting the signature along with everyone else.

Anyone who’s planning on going out for this UND/Penn State game must hit Hattie B’s Hot Chicken! Went out to Nashville to play in a beer league hockey tournament last year and we went there for lunch one day. Stood in line for 45 minutes outside and it was so worth the wait!

3 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Anyone who’s planning on going out for this UND/Penn State game must hit Hattie B’s Hot Chicken! Went out to Nashville to play in a beer league hockey tournament last year and we went there for lunch one day. Stood in line for 45 minutes outside and it was so worth the wait!

Was beer available in the wait line?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Was beer available in the wait line?

Good question. I don’t recall whether or not it was. I’m guessing not as we didn’t have any while waiting. Maybe bring a few road sodas with you just in case! ;) 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Gophers Women's Hockey is playing in something call the Country Classic in Nashville against Yale and Boston College this November. I have no explanation for why this is even happening.

Seems dozens will begin attending, there are not even enough area alumni of those schools that would even be interested in attending the game. 

*Update* Game will be at Ford Ice Center which seats 1,000. 

4 hours ago, northernraider said:

Gophers Women's Hockey is playing in something call the Country Classic in Nashville against Yale and Boston College this November. I have no explanation for why this is even happening.

Seems dozens will begin attending, there are not even enough area alumni of those schools that would even be interested in attending the game. 

*Update* Game will be at Ford Ice Center which seats 1,000. 

Well, Nashville is the "Bachelorette Party capital of the world", so maybe these teams have a couple of engaged players and they are making it a Bachelorette Party/Hockey weekend!! :D

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/25/2019 at 1:41 PM, ToDaClub said:

I am a reader of the forum. (Obviously not many posts.)  The date I was told was October 17, 2020.  But maybe that was shared in this thread already.  That's the date I have blacked out in my calendar.  

Ran into  Coach Berry on our way into FanFest and that is the date he told us for Nashville.

5 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Can someone give me a ballpark figure on what tickets might cost,  based on Vegas and New York? 

My tickets for the MSG game were $160 (total price including all fees) for two seats, lower bowl 18th row from the ice.

For the Vegas game, price was $360 total for four seats, 14 rows up. I'd expect similar pricing for Nashville. Upper bowl seats will most certainly be cheaper than lower bowl.

• 2 months later...