SiouxSports.com Forum

Carson Wentz taking Philly err Indy err DC by storm

SiouxVolley

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Dom needs a hug.....only 3 FCS players taken to this point, plus Easton Stick wasn't the future at QB in San Diego.  

On twitter he's asking if the talent level is down in the FCS?  Wait for all these grads to not have to score decently on the ACT or SAT because of Covid-19.  Now they'll qualify for FBS ball with a low GPA. 

He should be more worried about a Wentz being replaced and NDSU dropping back into the darkness.......

37 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'm 100 percent Wentz backer.  Great kid.  GREAT.  Too bad the kid getting hurt so much has the Eagles grabbing an insurance policy.

I agree but there are plenty here that want him to fail. All because he was a Bison. Kind of sad but it what it is 

On 4/25/2020 at 5:57 PM, Sioux>Bison said:

He should be more worried about a Wentz being replaced and NDSU dropping back into the darkness.......

What are you talking about. It the Eagles would move on from Wentz, which would be stupid on their part, there are 20 other NFL teams with a much better offensive supporting staff, that would love to make him their starting QB. Plus. if the Packers are moving up to take Jordan Love in the first round, Trey Lance is a lock to be a first round draft pick in a couple of years. 

11 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

What are you talking about. It the Eagles would move on from Wentz, which would be stupid on their part, there are 20 other NFL teams with a much better offensive supporting staff, that would love to make him their starting QB. Plus. if the Packers are moving up to take Jordan Love in the first round, Trey Lance is a lock to be a first round draft pick in a couple of years. 

Not sure there are 5 teams that have had better O lines in football the last couple years much less 20.  Kind of important for a QB with a history of injury. 

On 4/26/2020 at 7:16 PM, Wilbur said:

I'm 100 percent Wentz backer.  Great kid.  GREAT.  Too bad the kid getting hurt so much has the Eagles grabbing an insurance policy.

I've lost faith in Wentz completely.   I really think he was good with the Bison only because he was on a great team.   Anyone can be good when you have the best players surrounding you.     Now that he's in Philly it's not that easy, they don't have the quality Wentz needs to survive.   He's just hurt so much too that I doubt he's in the league much longer IMO.

1 hour ago, Hawkster said:

I've lost faith in Wentz completely.   I really think he was good with the Bison only because he was on a great team.   Anyone can be good when you have the best players surrounding you.     Now that he's in Philly it's not that easy, they don't have the quality Wentz needs to survive.   He's just hurt so much too that I doubt he's in the league much longer IMO.

Wentz is still a capable NFL QB, he led them to playoffs last year.  He was on a roll the year they went to the SB and likely would have finished that season out with a SB just like Foles did.  It is unfortunate he has gotten hurt though.  I think thinking he isn't a capable NFL QB is maybe just too much hatred with NDSU and looking at glass half empty. I don't think the Eagles would have let Foles go if they didn't think Wentz had it in him.    I just wish he hadn't gone to the Eagles, as a Cowboys fan.....it's harder to root for him.  I certainly don't root against him, just the Eagles in general since I hate the Eagles.   If he continues to be injury prone though, then you are right and he may not be around for too much longer as a franchise QB anyway. 

On 4/27/2020 at 3:40 PM, sioux rube said:

Hopefully Wanzek does. Know his family well. Hard working folks 

I'd like to see him do well. I remember him back when he was... probably 5 or 6 years old in wrestling. No idea how long he stuck with it. 

2 hours ago, Hawkster said:

I thought Wentz would be trash in the League but he has been very good. He ain't perfect or anything and hes had some tough luck with injuries, but hes a good quarterback. 

23 hours ago, Hawkster said:

Hasn't had the greatest luck with injuries.  I'm rooting for the kid as a North Dakotan who goes about his business the right way.

Congratulating the UND hockey team publicly as he did in 2016 as a Silo state grad is looked upon as treason to many in herd country.

Tough to say I hope it goes well.  I hate the bleeping Eagles....:lol:

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Hawkster said:

He was the 11th rated QB in the NFL last year. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/26/2020 at 10:00 PM, nd1sufan said:

What are you talking about. It the Eagles would move on from Wentz, which would be stupid on their part, there are 20 other NFL teams with a much better offensive supporting staff, that would love to make him their starting QB. Plus. if the Packers are moving up to take Jordan Love in the first round, Trey Lance is a lock to be a first round draft pick next year. 

FYP

The hype train has started on that and is full speed ahead mode.

*Before I get attacked here:  I'm not saying he isn't worthy, I just think it is a bit too soon to start thinking he is a first rounder already based off of 1 years work (although it is very, very impressive).  Being from his hometown, its pretty exciting for the kid.  

• 1 year later...