SiouxSports.com Forum

Carson Wentz taking Philly err Indy err DC by storm

SiouxVolley

9 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Interesting. As I said I didn’t watch, so don’t really have anything to add to your analysis. Just found it to be different than what every single article has been saying about his performance this weekend.

From all accounts he did well as did Wentz and Stick. This guy should critique the UND quarterbacks in the NFL 

15 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Interesting. As I said I didn’t watch, so don’t really have anything to add to your analysis. Just found it to be different than what every single article has been saying about his performance this weekend.

same "media" has been saying Trump was/is a Russian spy......if people say something enough in the "media' people believe it but the reality is he isn't/wasn't and the reality was/is that Trey didn't look good in that game.

he made the easy "FCS style throws" but the "FBS/NFL" throws he missed at...

7 minutes ago, Rory said:

From all accounts he did well as did Wentz and Stick. This guy should critique the UND quarterbacks in the NFL 

don't all ndac fans have all redskins and 49er games on dvr...watch and give your analysis.

the announcers were all over the missed sideline pass bc it was waaaay overthrown when it should have been an easy pass/catch....

7 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

don't all ndac fans have all redskins and 49er games on dvr...watch and give your analysis.

the announcers were all over the missed sideline pass bc it was waaaay overthrown when it should have been an easy pass/catch....

Dude, I just watched his highlights from this weekend. I think you may be a little biased in your critiques to say the least.

On the sack, the defensive lineman went nearly untouched. There aren’t many QBs who would’ve handled that play any different. As for his accuracy, sure the balls didn’t have perfect placement, but they were completions, so hard to be too critical. As far as the long ball, he hit the guy in near perfect stride. Sure the guy had separation, but that is a throw that many nfl QBs don’t hit in stride and don’t go for a touchdown.

Either way, it’s preseason, so none of this means anything. Just pointing out that your critiques are a bit of an overreach in my opinion after watching it.

https://youtu.be/E6Z9d4lyeTg

T.Lance pass short right to R.McCloud to GB 39 for 8 yards (R.Gafford).

9:58) (Shotgun) T.Lance pass short left to R.Dwelley to GB 32 for 3 yards (K.Nixon). 0 yac

Shotgun) T.Lance pass incomplete short right to D.Gray

(Shotgun) T.Lance sacked at SF 19 for -4 yards (T.Galeai).

T.Lance pass short left to T.Sermon to SF 24 for 5 yards (I.McDuffie). 9 YAC

Shotgun) T.Lance pass deep left to D.Gray for 76 yards, TOUCHDOWN. 42-YAC

4 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

T.Lance pass short right to R.McCloud to GB 39 for 8 yards (R.Gafford).

9:58) (Shotgun) T.Lance pass short left to R.Dwelley to GB 32 for 3 yards (K.Nixon). 0 yac

Shotgun) T.Lance pass incomplete short right to D.Gray

(Shotgun) T.Lance sacked at SF 19 for -4 yards (T.Galeai).

T.Lance pass short left to T.Sermon to SF 24 for 5 yards (I.McDuffie). 9 YAC

Shotgun) T.Lance pass deep left to D.Gray for 76 yards, TOUCHDOWN. 42-YAC

I’m not sure what you’re getting at here

8 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Dude, I just watched his highlights from this weekend. I think you may be a little biased in your critiques to say the least.

On the sack, the defensive lineman went nearly untouched. There aren’t many QBs who would’ve handled that play any different. As for his accuracy, sure the balls didn’t have perfect placement, but they were completions, so hard to be too critical. As far as the long ball, he hit the guy in near perfect stride. Sure the guy had separation, but that is a throw that many nfl QBs don’t hit in stride and don’t go for a touchdown.

Either way, it’s preseason, so none of this means anything. Just pointing out that your critiques are a bit of an overreach in my opinion after watching it.

https://youtu.be/E6Z9d4lyeTg

well....welcome to the nfl...the speed of the defense is a little quicker than Incarnate Word....didn't change the fact his head never moved an inch from looking right

haha he did not hit gray in "perfect stride" .... he almost led him out of bounds.

once again...it was the two throws..one complete and one incomplete that the announcers were saying he has to get better on....

5 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

well....welcome to the nfl...the speed of the defense is a little quicker than Incarnate Word....didn't change the fact his head never moved an inch from looking right

haha he did not hit gray in "perfect stride" .... he almost led him out of bounds.

once again...it was the two throws..one complete and one incomplete that the announcers were saying he has to get better on....

I’ll just leave this conversation here for now. He put that deep ball EXACTLY where it is taught to be thrown. Watch the end zone cut. If you don’t know that, then you don’t know football.

https://youtu.be/Wj_OOcdrVIc

4 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I’ll just leave this conversation here for now. He put that deep ball EXACTLY where it is taught to be thrown. Watch the end zone cut. If you don’t know that, then you don’t know football.

if you put the ball EXACTLY where it's supposed to be thrown the WR never breaks stride or shuffles his feet........watch again.

4 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

if you put the ball EXACTLY where it's supposed to be thrown the WR never breaks stride or shuffles his feet........watch again.

JT O’Sullivans breakdown is worth a hell of a lot more than you or I. Let’s just go with what he says.

Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

another fcs guy

Actually DII.

That’s blasphemy for a UND fan. That undercuts your 2001 championship. O’Sullivan was a stud who played in the league. You trying to discredit him, just makes you look petty and wrong.

Just now, Bison06 said:

Actually DII.

That’s blasphemy for a UND fan. That undercuts your 2001 championship. O’Sullivan was a stud who played in the league. You trying to discredit him, just makes you look petty and wrong.

just sayin that maybe have a guy that played a long NFL career break his game down....like Warren Moon or Bubby Brister

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

just sayin that maybe have a guy that played a long NFL career break his game down....like Warren Moon or Bubby Brister

I guess we’ll just got with SIOUXFAN97’s breakdown because Warren Moon and Bubby Brister don’t put out YouTube content.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Misters Wentz and Lance have a common problem: Neither is on the best or even second best team in their division, not conference, division.  

disagree about the 49ers....with a competent qb (cough cough) they are playoff bound and who knows from there but yeah the skins are going nowhere fast with mr riviaeria.

16 hours ago, Rory said:

He got tired of looking at tapes of Cowboys practice to see if he could find Mr. Waletko on the sidelines and the CFL must not have been playing last weekend…

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

He got tired of looking at tapes of Cowboys practice to see if he could find Mr. Waletko on the sidelines and the CFL must not have been playing last weekend…

Knocking a guy for getting hurt while defending Wentz is some next level irony.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Misters Wentz and Lance have a common problem: Neither is on the best or even second best team in their division, not conference, division.  

I'd argue SF is better than Arizona, Cardinals have some relationship fixing to do with Murray after the whole study addendum kerfuffel (which both sides are to blame: Cardinals for putting that in and still wanting to give Kyler all of that money, Kyler for signing the contract that had the study addendum in it and then acting hurt after signing it).  Their best WR is also out 6 games for a PED suspension. 

I agree with Washington on paper, but this is the NFC East after all, the land of mediocrity.  Could they put it together and win that division? Absolutely

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 11:15 AM, fightingsioux4life said:

I have never liked fans who change allegiances at the drop of a hat. If someone in my extended family played for the Packers, I would not become a Packer fan (just typing that makes me cringe). When Darin Erstad was drafted by the Angels and made it the majors, a bunch of people jumped on the Angles bandwagon. Not just wishing Erstad the best in his career, but jumping on the bandwagon 1000%. That has always annoyed me as a sports fan.

You are talking about people who didn't really care about baseball and now had a reason to follow a team. I wouldn't call them bandwagon fans.