SiouxSports.com Forum

Carson Wentz taking Philly err Indy err DC by storm

SiouxVolley

6 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

As do I. Being I’m his uncle and seeing how some folks on here want him to fail is beyond me. But whatever makes one puff out his chest and enjoy watching him struggle. Obviously I’ll still support him regardless of how this season goes

it's nothing personal...when someone goes to the ndac they are dead to me. simple.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

To be fair to Wentz, he was never the same after blowing out his knee.

That and Foles going on that magical run soon after didn't help either  

However, I hold most of the blame on the Eagles for how his career ended up in Philly, they made some dumb personel decisions and didn't fix some of their issues that could have kept Wentz upright or given him a better weapon (the TCU WR over Justin Jefferson?  Come on now...).

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

wentz 2.0 looking good so far...haha

A day after throwing a last-second touchdown pass to finish practice on a rousing note, quarterback Trey Lance suffered through his worst session of camp. He was accurate to start Sunday’s practice, completing three straight passes, but Lance connected on only one of 11 throws after that. He tossed an ugly interception straight to linebacker Fred Warner and only avoided another pick thanks to a drop from 49ers cornerback Charvarius Ward.

14 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

wentz 2.0 looking good so far...haha

A day after throwing a last-second touchdown pass to finish practice on a rousing note, quarterback Trey Lance suffered through his worst session of camp. He was accurate to start Sunday’s practice, completing three straight passes, but Lance connected on only one of 11 throws after that. He tossed an ugly interception straight to linebacker Fred Warner and only avoided another pick thanks to a drop from 49ers cornerback Charvarius Ward.

He'll be fine.

On 7/27/2022 at 5:13 PM, sioux rube said:

As do I. Being I’m his uncle and seeing how some folks on here want him to fail is beyond me. But whatever makes one puff out his chest and enjoy watching him struggle. Obviously I’ll still support him regardless of how this season goes

He should have enrolled/committed to the flagship North Dakota public university… 

Of course, this is mostly satire, but not entirely … 

5 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

u serious clark?

he's completing 50% of his passes..............in practice.............practice.

I'm willing to give Lance the benefit of the doubt right now.   Give him a couple years and see how he turns out.   I've already given Wentz more than a couple years and we know how he turned out.   I can't believe Wentz is still in the NFL after the crap he's pulled on the last two teams plus the fact that he's just a lousy quarterback.

14 hours ago, Hawkster said:

I'm willing to give Lance the benefit of the doubt right now.   Give him a couple years and see how he turns out.   I've already given Wentz more than a couple years and we know how he turned out.   I can't believe Wentz is still in the NFL after the crap he's pulled on the last two teams plus the fact that he's just a lousy quarterback.

What is your definition of lousy?

He’s one of the best 20 people in the world at his job. 

21 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

u serious clark?

he's completing 50% of his passes..............in practice.............practice.

As your post mentioned after this one, we are talking about practice.

If he struggles in actual NFL games, then we can circle back.

However, from what I know of him.... it would be very surprsing that he ends up a bust. 

Do I want him to success:  Absolutely, he is from my hometown and it is damn cool that a town of 14,000 people in the middle of SW Minnesota could have two NFL players this year on active roster.  

I just look past the NDSU part is all :)

24 minutes ago, 1972 said:

according to almost every ranking out there,  he is not.

Wow…ok so 25 then? Pick a number under 32 and my point is still valid. There isn’t a single person on this board that is in the top 32 at their job in the world.

Good lord, some of you people need to grow the hell up. Because a kid went to your rival school you’re cheering for him to fail and are giddy with excitement when he doesn’t play well. It’s a sad existence. Life is more fun if you look for reasons to cheer people on, especially when it’s a North Dakota kid.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Wow…ok so 25 then? Pick a number under 32 and my point is still valid. There isn’t a single person on this board that is in the top 32 at their job in the world.

Good lord, some of you people need to grow the hell up. Because a kid went to your rival school you’re cheering for him to fail and are giddy with excitement when he doesn’t play well. It’s a sad existence. Life is more fun if you look for reasons to cheer people on, especially when it’s a North Dakota kid.

He might be top 64 in a couple weeks if he doesn’t produce and doesn’t start 

it’s up to Carson to prove himself, not anyone on this board, don’t watch much  nfl anymore because of politics, same with nba

i turn more to nhl 

11 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

It’s strange for sure. You’d think Carson was just a terrible human being. Anyhoo let them stick their chests out and continue to hate. Nothing you or I can do about it 

• Upvote 2