SiouxSports.com Forum

Carson Wentz taking Philly err Indy err DC by storm

SiouxVolley

On 8/11/2022 at 3:47 PM, Bison06 said:

Weak response

You have an entire thread devoted to shitting on the guy. It’s absolutely appropriate to post his accolades.

Not sure how many people are shitting on Carson in this thread but it is probably just a couple...though they are accurate.

I like seeing Carson do well in the pros and hope he bounces back and stays healthy and has nice career. 

Obviously I do not root for NDSU but that is the team and school in general not the athletes unless they give you a non performance reason to not like them.

I have always said with regards to NDSU athletics that it really is just the few rotten thousands of their fans that ruin it for the other 11.:D

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Bison06 said:

Any fan base can be annoying, especially when they are on a winning streak.

But how can you fault people in North Dakota for being excited for the first ever Top 5 pick from the state? And then businesses just doing what businesses do and trying to make money off of it.

Seems pretty reasonable to me, even if it is annoying to other fanbases, you must see the logic in it right?

im not sure that there was as much love for the wentz hype, as you may think...outside of fargo, most people didnt really care...the way that KVLY had to put EVERY eagles game on, even when there were far more interesting games being played at that same time, was really annoying.  Even Bismark(his home town) didnt choose to show all of the eagles games.  if i would venture to guess, that in KVLY viewing region, only about 30% of the people actually cared about the journey of carson in Philly

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1972 said:

im not sure that there was as much love for the wentz hype, as you may think...outside of fargo, most people didnt really care...the way that KVLY had to put EVERY eagles game on, even when there were far more interesting games being played at that same time, was really annoying.  Even Bismark(his home town) didnt choose to show all of the eagles games.  if i would venture to guess, that in KVLY viewing region, only about 30% of the people actually cared about the journey of carson in Philly

I would venture to guess KVLY knows more about their market research than you do and they made a financial decision to play the games. They wouldn’t continue to play them if less people watched than whichever alternative game would have been played instead.

12 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I would venture to guess KVLY knows more about their market research than you do and they made a financial decision to play the games. They wouldn’t continue to play them if less people watched than whichever alternative game would have been played instead.

you are giving them WAY too much credit...they have rarely ever given any sort of care to what happens outside of Fargo, or with any other school, other than NDSU, for that matter

13 minutes ago, 1972 said:

you are giving them WAY too much credit...they have rarely ever given any sort of care to what happens outside of Fargo, or with any other school, other than NDSU, for that matter

So a business that exists to make money is actively making decisions that aren’t in its own best interest? Have you ever considered that they cater to ndsu and Fargo because it’s a prudent financial decision?

10 hours ago, Bison06 said:

I’m genuinely curious on your thoughts. I’ll be conservative with my list to not be a homer, but I think there are three more on the list below that you could make an argument for Carson having a better career than.

Yes=Carson is better

No=He isn’t

Yes #1   Sam Bradford   QB   Oklahoma   St. Louis Rams
Yes #25   Tim Tebow   QB   Florida   Denver BroncoS

No #1   Cam Newton   QB   Auburn   Carolina Panthers
Yes #8   Jake Locker   QB   Washington   Tennessee Titans
Yes #10   Blaine Gabbert   QB   Missouri   Jacksonville Jaguars
Yes #12   Christian Ponder   QB   Florida State   Minnesota Vikings

No #1   Andrew Luck   QB   Stanford   Indianapolis Colts
Yes #2   Robert Griffin   QB   Baylor   Washington Redskins
No #8   Ryan Tannehill   QB   Texas A&M   Miami Dolphins
Yes #22   Brandon Weeden   QB   Oklahoma State   Cleveland Browns

Yes #16   EJ Manuel   QB   Florida State   Buffalo Bills

Yes #3   Blake Bortles   QB   Central Florida   Jacksonville Jaguars
Yes #22   Johnny Manziel   QB   Texas A&M   Cleveland Browns
No #32   Teddy Bridgewater   QB   Louisville   Minnesota Vikings

No #1   Jameis Winston   QB   Florida State   Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Yes #2   Marcus Mariota   QB   Oregon   Tennessee Titans

No #1   Jared Goff   QB   California   Los Angeles Rams
#2   Carson Wentz   QB   North Dakota State   Philadelphia Eagles
Yes #26   Paxton Lynch   QB   Memphis   Denver Broncos

Yes #2   Mitchell Trubisky   QB   North Carolina   Chicago Bears
No #10   Patrick Mahomes   QB   Texas Tech   Kansas City Chiefs
No #12   Deshaun Watson   QB   Clemson   Houston Texans

No #1   Baker Mayfield   QB   Oklahoma   Cleveland Browns
Yes #3   Sam Darnold   QB   USC   New York Jets
No #7   Josh Allen   QB   Wyoming   Buffalo Bills
Yes #10   Josh Rosen   QB   UCLA   Arizona Cardinals
No #32   Lamar Jackson   QB   Louisville   Baltimore Ravens

No #1   Kyler Murray   QB   Oklahoma   Arizona Cardinals
Yes #6   Daniel Jones   QB   Duke   New York Giants
Yes #15   Dwayne Haskins   QB   Ohio State   Washington Redskins

Where do I have it wrong?

Baker, Teddy and Jameis are the 3 that I think an argument could be made, but it’s close so I left them as a “No”

would love to see your thoughts 

My response is he is on his 3rd team in 6 years.  He is nearly interchangeable with most on that list. 

1 hour ago, homer said:

My response is he is on his 3rd team in 6 years.  He is nearly interchangeable with most on that list. 

Quality deflection. 3rd team in 6 years is better than sitting on the couch like half the guys on that list.

36 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Quality deflection. 3rd team in 6 years is better than sitting on the couch like half the guys on that list.

It’s really not deflection.  Of all the guys drafted his year or after all but one are still in the league.  Would you put money down on who is next?  

1 hour ago, homer said:

It’s really not deflection.  Of all the guys drafted his year or after all but one are still in the league.  Would you put money down on who is next?  

I would definitely put money on the next one out won’t be Carson Wentz. 

Now, I understand contract situations will often dictate which players stick in the league longer than talent will which doesn’t necessarily bolster my argument. But, yes, I’d put money on Carson being in the league longer than both Goff and Lynch.

11 hours ago, Bison06 said:

I would definitely put money on the next one out won’t be Carson Wentz. 

Now, I understand contract situations will often dictate which players stick in the league longer than talent will which doesn’t necessarily bolster my argument. But, yes, I’d put money on Carson being in the league longer than both Goff and Lynch.

Lynch is already out of the league

On 8/11/2022 at 9:24 AM, Hayduke1 said:

This just in:

Carson Wentz has been put on the injured reserve list for the remainder of the season due to an injury to his (___________)  fill in the blank. 

Thought we might as well be proactive...

Do we need a separate form for Carson Wentz meltdowns and lockerroom tantrums?   I wonder which collapses first, his glass body or his easily bruised ego.    I really think the only people that defend him are Wentz jock sniffers

• Upvote 1

On 8/12/2022 at 4:38 PM, 1972 said:

KVLY, actually KXJB, but who is counting, rarely had a chance to show Eagles games. Most were in KVRR and they did show all they could when it didn’t interfere with Vikings games. You will get real annoyed when most 3:00 games this year in the FM area will be 49ers games…

• Upvote 1

On 8/12/2022 at 11:15 AM, fightingsioux4life said:

I have never liked fans who change allegiances at the drop of a hat. If someone in my extended family played for the Packers, I would not become a Packer fan (just typing that makes me cringe). When Darin Erstad was drafted by the Angels and made it the majors, a bunch of people jumped on the Angles bandwagon. Not just wishing Erstad the best in his career, but jumping on the bandwagon 1000%. That has always annoyed me as a sports fan.

Oh it was very cringe to suddenly become Eagle superfans. I would cheer for whatever team a family member joined probably. But I'm not a gung-ho NFL or pro sports guy. 

Hope it goes well for C Dubs out in DC. 

• Like 1

Lance finished only 4-of-15 on Sunday, perpetuating his mercurial pattern of this camp — at least when it comes to accuracy. He did connect with tight end George Kittle and receiver Brandon Aiyuk on pretty touchdown passes in red-zone work, but those passes were surrounded by several misfires. Lance was also hurt by a drop from rookie running back Tyrion Davis-Price on a throw to the flat.

On 8/15/2022 at 2:20 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Lance finished only 4-of-15 on Sunday, perpetuating his mercurial pattern of this camp — at least when it comes to accuracy. He did connect with tight end George Kittle and receiver Brandon Aiyuk on pretty touchdown passes in red-zone work, but those passes were surrounded by several misfires. Lance was also hurt by a drop from rookie running back Tyrion Davis-Price on a throw to the flat.

4 of 5, not 4 of 15

Who wrote the above paragraph? It couldn’t be more inaccurate in describing Lance’s outing this weekend.

Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

4-15 in practice not the game

and the packers game...if you watched the game...not good for mr trey

I see, so 4/15 in practice is what you were posting. My bad.

As far as this weekend, what did he do that would be considered bad? I didn’t see it live, but 4/5 and touchdown…what could have happened that wasn’t good?

5 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I see, so 4/15 in practice is what you were posting. My bad.

As far as this weekend, what did he do that would be considered bad? I didn’t see it live, but 4/5 and touchdown…what could have happened that wasn’t good?

pass to his te in the flat was thrown to the wrong side/hip so i think it was 2yds instead of maybe 6 or 7...missed a wide open wr for a first down...guy wasn't even able to get one foot down bc he lead him so far out of bounds.....on the play he was sacked he snapped the ball and stared to his right the whole time...essentially took a knee/laid down bc of pressure....those were his first 8 or 9 snaps...announcer was suprised he was brought back in bc he was gonna be capped at 10 snaps....in that unexpected drive his td pass was as easy as it get...safety was no wher to be found and the fastest guy on the team just ran the easiest go route up the sidelines.

one other pass was a check down to a rb i think for a couple of yards.

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

pass to his te in the flat was thrown to the wrong side/hip so i think it was 2yds instead of maybe 6 or 7...missed a wide open wr for a first down...guy wasn't even able to get one foot down bc he lead him so far out of bounds.....on the play he was sacked he snapped the ball and stared to his right the whole time...essentially took a knee/laid down bc of pressure....those were his first 8 or 9 snaps...announcer was suprised he was brought back in bc he was gonna be capped at 10 snaps....in that unexpected drive his td pass was as easy as it get...safety was no wher to be found and the fastest guy on the team just ran the easiest go route up the sidelines.

one other pass was a check down to a rb i think for a couple of yards.

Interesting. As I said I didn’t watch, so don’t really have anything to add to your analysis. Just found it to be different than what every single article has been saying about his performance this weekend.